UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Modern Rock (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Muse thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319821)

Lukeisonfire 02-15-2006 02:50 PM

Muse thread

Hey i havent found a thread for this amazing band yet. Talk about them here and stuff.

its_sublime07 02-15-2006 02:57 PM

Oh man, Muse are simply Amazing. I just got the cd Origin of symmetry, which has a lot more spanish guitar influence on it than absolution, and it totally kicks my ass. does anyone know if they come to the states?

Lukeisonfire 02-15-2006 03:02 PM

stockhold syndrome kicks ass.

rich_sg 02-15-2006 03:03 PM

New ****ing Born! Love Muse to pieces. Earls Court 19th Dec 2004 was one of the best gigs I've been to.

galapogo 02-15-2006 03:06 PM

I absolutely loved Origin of Symmetry and Showbiz. Absolution didn't do that much for me (in comparison to their previous albums (minus The Small Print and a few other tracks))

EDIT: ^ I think I saw them at Wembley like a few weeks after that :)

rich_sg 02-15-2006 03:08 PM

Origin was their high point so far, genius of an album. A couple of the Absolution tracks are good, some of it seemed too epic for Muse, more epic than normal anyway.

Lukeisonfire 02-15-2006 03:20 PM

whats their best songs in your opinion?

FleaBuc 02-15-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeisonfire
stockhold syndrome kicks ass.

Cough Cough *Stockholm Syndrome* Cough Cough

I absolutely love Muse, they are my favorite band. I havent' seen them live, and probably wont unless they do a random show in Alaska, but I do have their Hulaballo DVD and am waiting for the damn Absolution Tour DVD to get to my P.O. Box. I have all their albums. I love them all. Showbiz is incredible, but I could NEVER pick between Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, they're both amazing.
Let's see, best songs? Hysteria, Stockholm Syndrome, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Unintended, Newborn, HyperMusic, Plug in Baby, Citizen Erased (love that f*in song) and Microcuts.

the_bride_2006 02-15-2006 04:18 PM

Aaaaaah, Musey Musey Muse. Best British Band on the Entire Planet, don't u agree?
Looooving Muscle Museum even tho I only heard it once and that was when I was in my drum lesson.
Musey musey musey musey muuuuse!
Loving you all very much, The Bride

Lukeisonfire 02-15-2006 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bride_2006
Aaaaaah, Musey Musey Muse. Best British Band on the Entire Planet, don't u agree?
Looooving Muscle Museum even tho I only heard it once and that was when I was in my drum lesson.
Musey musey musey musey muuuuse!
Loving you all very much, The Bride

Your beautiful poetry brings a tear to my eye:cry:

Glen_Hansard 02-16-2006 04:34 PM

Muse are my favourite band ever.

I idolize them.

I have 20 hours of them on my PC.

I am obessed.

My favourite songs is Do We Need This(any live version) and Debase Masons Grog.

What does everyone think of the new songs? They sound very promising.

What am I typing

Like this?

yawn 02-16-2006 10:39 PM

Damn, I just spent over two minutes trying to think of some way to express my love for this amazing band, but I came up with nothing but this lame sentence.

Anyways, I love Muse so much that all my friends are now annoyed by em. Sad, isn't it?

Favorite songs? AHHH!!!!

Hard decision. Very hard.

Maybe one of the following:

Map of Your Head (it just makes me so happy!)
Plug In Baby acoustic (same as above!)
Micro Cuts (the chorus is so orgasmic!)
New Born (okay, so I've listened it so much that it's lost its effect, but still)
Citizen Erased (don't like the first 2/3 of the song that much, but the last part is so beautiful it makes me weep)
Falling Away With You (lthe beautiful verses send shivers down my spine, but I'm not too fond of the chorus)
Blackout (love that part when the distortion kicks in, it's so beautiful!!!)
The Small Print (kickass, everything's just so kickass!)

...oh, and that Borderline thing is pretty cool :D

There's tons more, but I should start doing my hw :(

Glen_Hansard 02-17-2006 12:54 PM

^ I love Borderline. You know the "****ing ****ing ****ing little ****ing ****" part? I have that version of Feeling Good. It's LOLtastic.

Abe 02-17-2006 01:32 PM

**** sake, I swear I'm alone in thinking (realising ;) ) that Showbiz is their best album, the second half of Origin is crap IMO. But Muse are great; Sober, Sunburn, New Born and Cave are about my favourite songs.

Absolution was poorer than their other releases in my opinion, it has many more weak tracks.

Jaimz 02-17-2006 01:35 PM

Orgasm. Love them.

matplat 02-17-2006 02:21 PM

I heard radio head changed their name. Same band, just wanted to change their name. Do you guys know what the new bands name is?

bettyswollox 02-17-2006 04:04 PM

Has anyone else heard the muse cover of 'can't take my eyes off you', check it out think classic song with matt bellamy's heavily distorted guitar and great vocals over the top of it.

yawn 02-17-2006 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollox
Has anyone else heard the muse cover of 'can't take my eyes off you', check it out think classic song with matt bellamy's heavily distorted guitar and great vocals over the top of it.

Yeah, the live video of it is great - it just makes me feel so happy inside :)

And to the borderline person - yeah, that thing is so kickass, though I sadly don't have any of the full songs those excerpts were taken from :(

Glen_Hansard 02-17-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawn
And to the borderline person - yeah, that thing is so kickass, though I sadly don't have any of the full songs those excerpts were taken from :(

I have a few off them.

I have too many Muse songs. :cry:

sonixon 02-17-2006 05:58 PM

Plug in baby is probably the funnest riff ever to play.