UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cover Songs (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Want to Collaborate with UGers? Post Your Cover Project Ideas Here (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411804)

Bill43 08-10-2006 08:37 PM

Want to Collaborate with UGers? Post Your Cover Project Ideas Here

Essentially this thread is for you to post a cover song you have, and what you need from a collaborative recording partner. In this way people can check out what you're up to, and if they are into a similar style, then they can drop you a PM to help you out.

Here's an example of the kind of thing to post here:

Quote:
Looking for a vocalist for "cover genre type" song:
- Need someone to lay down a vocal track
- Here's my music page for you to check out the kind of music I make: http://mysite.com
- Send me a PM with some examples of your music and we'll sort out the music/add me to my MSN/Yahoo/AOL and we can talk more

Rock on!

Unborn 08-10-2006 09:01 PM

Great idea, cant wait to see some good collabs I hope.

ibaRGnez321 08-10-2006 11:01 PM

Heh, this was my idea. :cool:

I'm working on a collab. right now, but if anybody wants to collaborate on any Metallica songs, drop me a PM.

Scott3229 08-10-2006 11:32 PM

if anyone wants to lay bass for my dreamgirl (if you can do it cleanly), thatd be awesome, the song is in my signature

aetherspear 08-12-2006 01:18 AM

if anyone wants to do any sort of cover song in any genre (except metal) i'd love too. i mainly into classic rock but anything would be great. PM me or AIM me at aethspear

Peaceful Rocker 08-13-2006 04:54 PM

For the incubus cover contest, I need someone that can play bass and do some vocals, I can knock together some backups, preferably someone with a higher voice as mine is very deep. I can knock out the guitar just find as well, the song is "sick sad little world", someone pm me about it

Scott3229 08-13-2006 05:25 PM

Hmm i thought this thread would be a lot more popular, aetherspear if u got any ideas, id be down, Peaceful id try to help ya, but i got a deep voice also, not incubus friendly by anymeans

ibaRGnez321 08-13-2006 06:07 PM

Yeah, me too. ^ Maybe it'll pick up, hopefully.

Once again, Metallica collabs. anyone?

blinnk16 08-16-2006 06:19 PM

Hmm I've got an acoustic guitar and can sing somewhat if anyone wants to do anything whatsoever for fun.

Scott3229 08-16-2006 07:48 PM

blink can u make clean recordings, and what kind of music would interest you

sinhais422 08-17-2006 12:10 AM

I can do a Metallica collab. Anyone up for Fade to Black? I'll do vocals!

blinnk16 08-17-2006 11:35 AM

If by clean recordings you mean no fuzz? :) Yeah, I can edit all the out with Audacity. Currently working on " Scars (Acoustic) " by papa roach, have the guitar rhythm all recorded and edited out the unwanted extra noise, about to do singing sometime. I'd be interested in mostly anything but what I can sing is limited.

blinnk16 08-17-2006 11:38 AM

Also if anyone is a fan of the song I can send you the guitar rhythm for "scars ( acoustic ) " if you think you can do a good job on the singing.. There's a string I let ring out on the bridge that I shouldn't have but out of the pain of having to edit all the noise out and polish a new bridge I left it, being its only fault. I'll probably be doing vocals sometime tomorrow.. Anywho, if anyone is interested in trying the vocals for that song or wants to play something else I'm interested, I've got a nice Yamaha FG that sounds good.. Another crappy electric with a more crappy amp but it doesn't sound too bad on a decent distortion pedal which I have. Anyways, PM me or post here if interested.

False_God 08-17-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhais422
I can do a Metallica collab. Anyone up for Fade to Black? I'll do vocals!

Im in process of recording that now, so I'll pm you if your still interested!!

Scott3229 08-18-2006 03:05 AM

hey blink PM me, i might wanna give it a stab, i started a recording on that a while back but then i lost interest, send me the file or a link to where i can download, PM or scott3229@yahoo.com i could also throw in drums (if u played to a metronome) or add another guitar acoustic or electric, and if something turns out we could try something else

metal_matt 08-18-2006 12:06 PM

If anyone wants to add vocals to some of my covers just PM me they are here : http://metal-matt.dmusic.com/

Also I'm starting a new project at the moment which is to record Dark Side Of The Moon (Pink Floyd album for the lightweights that don't know) in it's entirity so if anyone is intrested then let me know. I'm looking for vocalists (preferably one per song) andyone that can play sax and maybe a guest keyboardist on Any Colour You Like also if yuo want to do a guest solo you might be a ble to not promising anything (Time and Money are out of the question btw) But yeah if anyone's intrested PM me!

Kain_Doom01 08-18-2006 04:13 PM

Meh, I want someone to do some GWAR Covers, there isn't enough on here...you can check out my Meat sandwich cover, If anyone is interested, and has a better voice for it, which many probably do, Please PM meh ^^

The cover is here: www.myspace.com/bandofmine

Meh, I need/want a bassist, drummer, and Maybe a singer ^^

Cypher_09 08-23-2006 08:03 PM

Hey, I've been playing over a year now and I'd love to do collabs of some songs I can play.

Here's a list :

Acoustic :

Slipknot - Circle
Nirvana - About A Girl
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Nirvana - Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam
Nirvana - The Man Who Sold The World
Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea
Nirvana - Polly
Nirvana - On A Plain
Nirvana - Something In The Way
Nirvana - Lake Of Fire
Nirvana - All Apologies
Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night
Nirvana - Dumb

Electric :

Good Charlotte - Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous
Good Charlotte - The Story Of My Old Man
Greenday - Wake Me Up When September Ends
Nirvana - Serve The Servants
Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice
Nirvana - Rape Me
Nirvana - Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
Nirvana - Dumb
Nirvana - Very Ape
Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea
Nirvana - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Nirvana - All Apologies
Nirvana - Dive
Nirvana - Sliver
Nirvana - Stain
Nirvana - Been A Son
Nirvana - Turnaround
Nirvana - Molly's Lips
Nirvana - Son Of A Gun
Nirvana - Polly [New Wave]
Nirvana - Downer
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Nirvana - In Bloom
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Nirvana - Breed
Nirvana - Lithium
Nirvana - Polly
Nirvana - Territorial Pissings
Nirvana - Drain You
Nirvana - Lounge Act
Nirvana - Stay Away
Nirvana - On A Plain
Nirvana - Something In The Way
Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice
Slipknot - Before I Forget
Slipknot - My Plague
Marilyn Manson - Coma White
Marilyn Manson - Disposable Teens
Marilyn Manson - Fight Song
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love
Good Charlotte - The Anthem
Good Charlotte - Wondering
Good Charlotte - My Bloody Valentine
Lost Prophets - A Town Called Hypocrisy

PM Me If Interested

Scott3229 08-23-2006 11:35 PM

damn i wish you knew some nirvana songs

Trivium 08-25-2006 09:50 AM

If anyone wants to do some Trivium, BFMV, Killswitch.. anything along those lines I'll do some vocals for it.. too busy at the moment to do any full recordings but I can make time for vocals if I get a recording of the guitar.