UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Bands & Artists Archives (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Kris Sobanski (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516283)

hepzibahbaptist 01-31-2007 11:17 PM

Kris Sobanski

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...8e-8bd5defb0d19
This guy was actually better than I thought he would be. He's got a very nice melody. And hes not very sloppy.

hepzibahbaptist 02-08-2007 06:43 PM

No problem man, I'm your friend Soupy on myspace. Your gonna have to promote my band once we get some songs up. jk.

Kris_man 02-08-2007 11:31 PM

You have a cool name Kris. But why do you use a solid state amp??

Stratwizard 02-09-2007 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepzibahbaptist
And hes not very sloppy.

Well, I don't know what's your definition of sloppy, but I think he still has a long way to go to get his technique clean.

splice 02-09-2007 06:09 PM

i agree with you kris. though playing shred music requires alot of technical ability, the music is always more important than the ability of its player. (as long as its not too[I] sloppy)

eviledge87 02-09-2007 06:35 PM

kris your music is pretty sweet, i might have to buy a copy of your cd after it's released. All the songs i got off myspace are great. I gotta say im pretty surprised to see you in the forums, i don't mean im surprised to find a thread about you, im surprised you read them, although i can't say why.

Yespleasevicar 02-09-2007 09:48 PM

Its ok, dosent exactly sound fresh though. If you made this music 20 years ago it wouldnt be anything new. Thats not to say it isnt good, just uninspired. Great technique tho man :)

Resiliance 02-10-2007 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kount Kris
Someone once told me that trying to be perfectly clean sometimes could take a way from a song. Being a little bit sloppy sometimes in my opinion gives a guitarist flavor and emotion. If everyone tried to be perfectly clean everyone would sound relatively similar. For example, lets take Marty Friedman and Glen Drover from Megadeth. Even though Glen Drover could play note for note on perhaps one of the Friedman solos for Megadeth, it will never have the feel or the emotion that it would have if Friedman was playing it. If you listen to alot of Friedman solos either from Megadeth or Cacophony, you will here that he can be a bit sloppy, but I don't think it takes away from the music, but it adds a certain touch that makes it feel human. This is clearly my opinion though. I don't want to try to start an arguement.

I completely disagree. There are so many things that can set a guitarist apart while being very clean. And I'm not going to repeat the whole emotion thing again :p:

As long as you're not saying one shouldn't strive to be as clean as possible in their playing.

But yeah, Kris, I have to say I'm not a very big fan of your stuff. Judging from what's on your myspace, it sounds like something Shrapnel would've brought out in the 90's. It's just the same old harmonies, the same old harmonic minor scales, the same old runs... It's not that it's you, it's just my general disdain for neoclassical stuff like this nowadays. It really lacks originality, in my opinion. :cheers:

Play some fusion, now that'd be interesting!

Godly Moose 02-10-2007 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiliance
Play some fusion, now that'd be interesting!

My thumbs are up for this idea. :)

Caressing Death 02-11-2007 04:21 PM

Hey Kris! Damn you're good! I've just been listening to your stuff on myspace and i really like... Any chance I could PM you some questions?

Erc 02-11-2007 08:15 PM

The music doesn't really stand out.

I have the same old gripe as I do with most neo-classical guitarists. It lacks my two favorite things from the baroque and classical era, counterpoint and dynamics!

You've potential though. You could go places if/when your writing matures.

Erich yeung 02-12-2007 06:31 PM

Cool stuff man, I think its pretty good, I;m a sucker for that stuff anyways :p:, anywaysb just wonderin what you use to record with and how you do it, thanks ;)

The Casualty 02-12-2007 06:46 PM

I like it, it's good good melody, and not too... "Wanky."

For me anyway.

Resiliance 02-13-2007 12:35 PM

Any reaction to the responses that aren't so praising? :(

Resiliance 02-13-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:
Hey man, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your guys critique. I'm actually going to be doing some fusion on my secound album. I plan on having songs from many different genres including Metal, Progressive, Alternative, Ska, Classical, Blues, and many different blends.

It's okay, but I thought maybe you were one of those guys that just ignore negative comments and carry on as usual, thinking they're the greatest thing that ever graced this planet. Quite a lot of those around, unfortunately.

Quote:
What many people don't see is that I don't try to be technical, and I don't run up and down scales in my songs. I feel that holding a good melody with the emotion is alot more important than being technical.

Haha, you needn't worry about that in this particular subforum. We (by which I mean the regulars) have all participated in plenty of standoffs between ignorant fools (speed=no em0ti0n!!!) before eventually learning to ignore their crap.

And of course, what you say is true, even though I'm not going to rake up my stance that emotion is in the listener, not in the music and that therefore music can't be emotional or unemotional, just be found as such.

Crap, guess I did rake it up :p: But it's not the meaning of this post to talk about that, I get what you're saying, and yes, of course.

I will be awaiting your forays into jazzland.

shredcrazed 02-13-2007 04:31 PM

Well well lookie here Kris has his own thread and didn't invite me :no:

Anyone who likes Kris's stuff should check out our band Selerity

When Kris and I start writing stuff together theres no telling whats gonna happen :p:

Resiliance 02-13-2007 05:15 PM

I do hope you both will actually contribute to the forum as well, instead of just advertising your stuff... ?

shredcrazed 02-13-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:
I do hope you both will actually contribute to the forum as well, instead of just advertising your stuff... ?

Well I just needed to rejoin since its been forever since I was on here.

That aside its still relevant to the thread for me to tell people about the band cause last time I checked the thread was titled "Kris Sobanski" and Kris Sobanski is in Selerity with me. So its not just MY stuff, if you aren't interested then don't click it!

Resiliance 02-13-2007 05:50 PM

No need to get angry, just asking, as we're not open to freeloaders :)

shredcrazed 02-13-2007 06:15 PM

I'll post something useful eventually. For now I'm busy slaving away learning Kris's music and writing new stuff so we can go out and start cuttin' heads soon.