UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Musician Talk (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ok... But Who Should I listen To? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546537)

nightwind 03-16-2007 10:36 PM

Ok... But Who Should I listen To?

Originally posted by Redwing_suck (<3 U buddy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Casualty01
We (beatallicafan and myself) as the Mods of this forum feel it part of our obligation, and of course our desire as musicians, and myself as a Music Teacher, to steer people in the right direction, give them the proper Information and steer them AWAY from false/bad/misleading information.

With that consideration, and having come to this forum and Modding this forum for as long as we have, we obviously began noticing various people who know what they're talking about, know how to explain it, and do their best to be helpful and considerate towards any and all questions that they can.

So, in order to help those in search of honest, insightful and accurate information, we've compiled a list of those members who go above and beyond the call of knowledge and or helpfulness. Listen to these folks, people.

1. gpb0216
2. Johnljones7443
3. Elvenkindje
4. Nightwind
5. edg
6. bluesrocker101
7. z4twenny
8. Kirbyrocknroll
9. Psychodelia
10. VR2005
11. Justin_Fraser (Singing Thread)
12. Dutch_Apples (Bandleading)
13. Freepower (Advanced Techniques)
14. Archeo Avis
15. *open*

This list is not final (as you can see from the position open slot). If you post regularly and show that you have a good theoretical knowledge and willingness to help out, you will get noticed and added to the list.

Please keep in mind, the above list of people does NOT mean they are the only people you should take seriously or listen to when they post. It is simply a list of people, given to you to maybe help any confusion you might have as to what might be correct or what might be wrong information..... it's a list of members who are consistently VERY helpful, knowledgeable and thorough in the areas covered by this forum. Simple as that.

THE BOYZ

The boyz are basically a group of hall of famers. While they may not necessarily still be active, they have long since proven themselves. This is the ultimate echelon of E-go stroking, and it rocks.

-Casualty01
-Beatallicafan
-Corwinoid
-Bangoodcharlote
-Redwing_suck
-SilentDeftone

Now, in the true spirit of helping people (in this case, to AVOID bad advice, arrogance, and or overall ignorance as to what they're actually saying...) we present you with this small list of people to ignore at all costs. Please note this list WILL be added to.

****** Box

1. *Position Open*
2. *Position Open*
3. *Position Open*

Thank you,
The MT Mod Team

Cas-

Same stuff goes...

CLEANED!

VR2005 03-16-2007 10:56 PM

Nice...

kirbyrocknroll 03-17-2007 01:22 AM

There go the memories of like..April 2006 to February 2007 lol.

How about bluesrocker101?

VR2005 03-17-2007 01:31 AM

Yeah, I'd agree with that one. He seems pretty intelligent.

Ænimus Prime 03-17-2007 05:22 AM

I nominate Archeo Avis and z4twenny.

Oh and how did metal4all get in the ****** box? I think I vaguely remember.

Johnljones7443 03-17-2007 05:24 AM

^http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...3&postcount=143

+1 for bluesrocker.

kirbyrocknroll 03-17-2007 11:55 AM

^ :haha That is someone funnier when it's the post alone :confused:

Wow, I thought Archeo and z4twenny were already there. Anyway, plus one from me for both.

EDIT: V And...what's his name...psychodelia :heart: I thought you were on there already, but what else is new :sad:

psychodelia 03-18-2007 01:26 AM

*Clears throat*

(Not to be an arrogant ass, or anything)

And bluesrocker and z4twenny get go-aheads from me... I think Archeo is good too, but I don't have as clear a memory of his posting.

VR2005 03-18-2007 12:15 PM

Wow, I'm quite surprised that you aren't on there yet, being a mod and everything ;)

Resiliance 03-18-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR2005
Wow, I'm quite surprised that you aren't on there yet, being a mod and everything :wink:

*spits*

CC, you mean.

VR2005 03-18-2007 12:34 PM

Why am I confused about your response? I'm terrible with abbreviations. v_v

kirbyrocknroll 03-18-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resiliance
*spits*

CC, you mean.

Ouch ;)

I just noticed that most of the regulars are on that list lol.

EDIT: ^ Column Cleaner.

VR2005 03-18-2007 12:42 PM

Ah, still he's higher up then many on that list.

fenderfrk10 03-18-2007 12:45 PM

what do the column cleaners do? just clear out irrelevant posts??

Johnljones7443 03-18-2007 01:06 PM

^Clean and monitor the comments section on articles, lessons & news that go on the site.

elvenkindje 03-18-2007 01:20 PM

Yup, just like mods.

The difference is that CCs aren't as godly :love:

psychodelia 03-18-2007 01:38 PM

And our names look pink....

And Resi could do with being on the list. If we're also covering Bandleading, Dutch_Apples has been helpful from what I've seen.

redwing_suck 03-18-2007 05:39 PM

Actually, former mods are the coolest of all, because we've decided that we're too cool for UG. :rolleyes:

We're up to 21 now? [borat]niceeeee[/borat].

jof1029 03-20-2007 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychodelia
And our names look pink....

its orange/peach dammit! we worked quite hard to get rid of brown, so at least make it sound like a nice color.

i agree with puting resi and psychodelia on the list, dont actually know why either of them arent already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwing_suck
Actually, former mods are the coolest of all, because we've decided that we're too cool for UG. :rolleyes:

former mods of MT are actually the coolest. i mean, look at the list: cas, beat, SD, etc. quite the collection we have there.

elvenkindje 03-20-2007 12:40 PM

I should stop. :p:

Will add the people to the list..