UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Guitar Techniques (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Easiest Necrophagist Song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715493)

crocoscar 11-18-2007 10:40 AM

Easiest Necrophagist Song

I'm not really sure if here is the right place to make that thread ^^
I'd like to learn some Necrophagist stuff, and I'd like to know which of their song(s) is the easiest (or should I say least hard) to play :) sweeping is not my biggest problem, it is rather hyper fast alt picking ^^

Guitarmike123 11-18-2007 10:52 AM

Extreme Unction is IMO their "easiest" song. Not to complicated for someone who has been playing for a while.

GuitarHero0715 11-18-2007 11:01 AM

For me, Hyper fast alternate picking or sweeping isnt a problem, but rather getting the "Rhythm" parts down up to speed.

J.A.M 11-18-2007 11:05 AM

I'm not sure if "Easiest Necrophagist Song" is an advanced technique... <_<

LU!5 11-18-2007 09:13 PM

try Fermented Offal Discharge. it's not that hard but some of the rhythms are weird

torturer6067 11-19-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.M
I'm not sure if "Easiest Necrophagist Song" is an advanced technique... <_<

can u play a necro song? if not check the tabs, from a 1-10 scale id give them 7

J.A.M 11-19-2007 02:56 PM

Nope, I'm fairly certain at my current level playing I wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell playing their stuff.
But what I'm saying is that "Easiest Necrophagist Song" isn't an advanced technique. An advanced technique would be something like "sweep picking", or "two handed tapping" etc.

Zaphod_Beeblebr 11-19-2007 03:54 PM

On the other hand Necrophagist contains a lot of advanced technique and this is the advanced technique forum so asking for a song with advanced technique in it isn't really wrong is it?

x Misanthropy x 11-19-2007 04:20 PM

stabwound is quite easy.

buckethead_jr 11-19-2007 04:22 PM

Cullinary Hyperversity

Oh God i butchered the spelling of that, but it's an easy song by Necro's standards.

White_Devil 11-21-2007 07:05 PM

Diminished to B

and Stillborn One up to the fast stuff

x Misanthropy x 11-22-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvanise69
****, if feel so **** when im around people who say stabwounds is easy...

I just started learning the song bout month ago, i didnt realise how it easy it is, the only part i havent fully learnt is the sweep/tap bit he does each time at the end of the mini solo,.
What i did was basicaly learn a riff every few days or so and eventually i would just piece them together, i just need to perfect on making it sound tight as hell.

sweepnoodles 01-03-2013 03:22 PM

Culinary Hyperversity is absolutely the easiest one...
and Extreme Unction i reckon.
when it comes to solos... Stabwound was easiest for me.
and the first part of Stillborn One is child's play:P the second is ridiculously hard!! but it has the best Necro riffs in my opinion... and the beethoven part:)
Diminished to B is kinda... well it's ****ed up:)
it's easy but it's not... the last part, you would think is a peace of cake, i had some trouble playing that perfect for some time...
and Seven is quite easy for Necro difficulty...

It doesn't really matter witch one you choose to learn first, because they're all weird in one way or another;) (Except for A.C.T ... leave that one for after the Epitaph album)
... so just pick one and commit to it.
It's just like learning any other technical Classical pieces. Frustration & Joy... damn' right:)

Geldin 01-03-2013 05:45 PM

This thread is almost six years old. It's been answered.