UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Rock (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Ultimate KISS thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750093)

KISSguitarist 12-31-2007 09:38 PM

The Ultimate KISS thread

Well this is all about KISS come here and chat and show pics/vids you have if you have been too! :devil:

Here is a Ace Frehley Fan Club i have made hopefully it can grow!

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/acefrehleyisthebest/

just click join and also there is a KISS nation one there too link below!

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/kiss_nation/

KISSrules
1. No advertising of other bands

2. Report all bashing, spam anything in this thread immediatley

3. No Flaming others only if they flamed KISS

4. Have fun sharing experiances about KISS

KISSguitarist 01-02-2008 01:39 AM

GOT SOME PICS FROM MY FRIEND!

thats all folks!

EDIT: sorry about the pics but better be able to see them then not being able to eh?

Phillipa C. 01-02-2008 01:51 AM

the other thread was better

KISSguitarist 01-02-2008 10:18 AM

i know but i hated the name and i got a few people saying make a new thread but anyway hopefully it gets big :)

Phillipa C. 01-03-2008 12:31 AM

alright then.. let's see what we can do. top 5 Kiss songs!

1. Detroit rock city
2. Deuce
3. Black diamond
4. 100,000 years
5. Watchin you

Sloopy 01-04-2008 03:10 AM

^ SeanTheBaptist, take your childish bashing elsewhere. That goes for all non-KISS fans as well. I'll report anybody from now on.

Yeah, I'm a huge KISS fan. Loved them since their first record back in '74. Can't explain why though.

My top five is at the moment:
1. Domino (Revenge)
2. I Stole Your Love (Love Gun)
3. Charisma (Dynasty)
4. 100,000 Years (Alive! version)
5. Rocket Ride (Alive II Side Four)

A bit electic, Revenge is a really underrated album. I suggest anybody that hasn't heard it to hear it. Buy it, download it, steal it, whatever works.

Phillipa C. 01-04-2008 06:05 AM

The Elder is way underrated. Sure it's got a couple of stinkers (Odyssey, Just a boy) but it's got some outstanding songs too: The oath, Under the rose, Only you. Only you is, in fact, brilliant. Gene could really sing well when he wanted to; when he wasn't barking out hell and fury!

alliwant 01-04-2008 06:08 AM

I like God of Thunder but I just like the fact that Gene Simmons copyrighted the dollar sign ($ - just in case any of you didn't know...) so everytime it's used in Government documents and such like, they owe him money...:haha

Pwned?

grooveytigerrr 01-04-2008 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliwant
I like God of Thunder but I just like the fact that Gene Simmons copyrighted the dollar sign ($ - just in case any of you didn't know...) so everytime it's used in Government documents and such like, they owe him money...:haha

Pwned?

He copyrighted the money bag logo NOT the actual dollar sign.

Sloopy 01-05-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipa C.
The Elder is way underrated. Sure it's got a couple of stinkers (Odyssey, Just a boy) but it's got some outstanding songs too: The oath, Under the rose, Only you. Only you is, in fact, brilliant. Gene could really sing well when he wanted to; when he wasn't barking out hell and fury!

I don't know really, I think I'd have rather heard The Elder from Rush or Triumph. Never KISS.

Twist of fate 01-05-2008 05:31 PM

Why'd you delete it? I was top poster in that KISS thread =(

Phillipa C. 01-05-2008 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy
I don't know really, I think I'd have rather heard The Elder from Rush or Triumph. Never KISS.

great songs are still great songs, doesn't matter who's singing them.

Music Resource 01-05-2008 06:32 PM

Best Kiss Tunes - Top 25:

100,000 Years (Alive version)
Burn B1tch Burn
Hotter Than Hell
Firehouse
Got To Choose
Parasite
Watchin' You
Detroit Rock City
I Want You
Dr. Love
Love Gun
Hooligan
Creatures Of The Night
I Love It Loud
Not For The Innocent
Young And Wasted
All Hell's Breakin' Loose
Into The Fire
Heaven's On Fire (simple but kool)
Under The Gun
Tears Are Falling
I'm Alive
Duece
Strutter
Black Diamond

Shaggy92 01-05-2008 10:07 PM

just wanted to say ... I have Paul Stanleys Guitar yeah baby! But yeah KISS is the S**T

Sloopy 01-06-2008 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillipa C.
great songs are still great songs, doesn't matter who's singing them.

Maybe, but vocally Gene can't do progressive at all. Paul nailed his songs though.

Music Resource, glad to see Hooligan on your list! Such a forgotten song, one of my favourite Peter Criss tunes.

Robin_OldSchool 01-06-2008 09:09 AM

that part from Cold Gin (2.55 - 3.32 ) just is awesome, Ace Frehley's best song

dickenscpa 01-07-2008 12:48 PM

Some people may flame me for this comment, but until someone pays my bills, I don't pay them much attention. Ace Frehley is the reason I picked up a guitar. I love Ace's playing, it's sounds good to me. Peter is also my favorite voice from Kiss. There's no way I could put the songs in any particular order or even narrow it down to 5, my choices change with the mood. Here are a few that will always be in rotation:

Nothin' To Lose (Love Peter's voice in this one)
Shock Me
Watchin' You
Goin' Blind
Hard Times
Charisma
Dr Love
Shout it Out Loud
God of Thunder
Hard Luck Woman
Deuce
Almost Human (I really love the music in this one)

What I find strange is that I'm not particularly crazy about Gene's voice, but gravitate more to his songs than Pauls. I think if Peter and Ace had more tunes, there'd be a tad less of Gene and more of them. I think Paul Stanley has one of the best voices in rock, but I don't care as much for his songs back in the day.

Now I didn't care as much for the 80's-mid 90's Kiss as the 70's Kiss, however, I still thought the 80's version was better than the other bands out at the time. Now I kinda flipped a bit and prefer Paul songs to Gene songs. In no particular order:

Let's Put the X in Sex
UHH All Night
Reason To Live
Thrills in the Night
Tears are Falling
Unholy
Everytime I Look at You
Forever
Hide Your Heart

Sloopy 01-07-2008 10:58 PM

^ Since you seem to dig Gene songs, have you heard Domino off of Revenge? The studio version's alright but the Alive III version blows me away! Great riff as well.

eminentgonz 01-10-2008 04:15 PM

Favorites-

1 Love Gun (Stanley)
2 Tears are Falling (Stanley)
3 Creatures of the Night (Stanley)
4 Danger (Stanley)
5 Magic Touch (Stanley)
6 Little Caesar (Carr)
7 God Gave Rock and Roll to You II (Stanley)
8 I Love it Loud (Simmons)
9 New York Groove (Frehley)
10 Black Diamond (Criss)

Sloopy 01-10-2008 09:12 PM

^ Little Caesar? Really? That's awesome!