UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Electric Guitar (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Ultimate Kramer Thread - The Kramer Militia (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758543)

EVH92 01-10-2008 05:49 PM

The Ultimate Kramer Thread - The Kramer Militia
 
Ok, so I looked around, and found that noone has made a good discussion thread for kramers!

This thread is for dicussion/showing off your kramers, wether it be the old 80's (awesome) ones, or some of the newer models. Pics are welcome.

So to start off:
I have a kramer striker fr-424cm with a duncan sh11 in the bridge and I love it :heart:

sum_ugly_man 01-10-2008 05:50 PM

The old Kramers were awesome.

ibikinz 01-10-2008 05:51 PM

FIRST PAGE 3rd COMMENTS. I DON'T OWN ONE BUT WOULD LIKE AN EVH KRAMER!

freshtunes 01-10-2008 05:52 PM

My kramer kicks ass, and it is better than all of yours.

Zephyr Zyl÷z 01-10-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVH92
Ok, so I looked around, and found that noone has made a good discussion thread for kramers!

This thread is for dicussion/showing off your kramers, wether it be the old 80's (awesome) ones, or some of the newer models. Pics are welcome.

So to start off:
I have a kramer striker fr-424cm with a duncan sh11 in the bridge and I love it :heart:



I've been thinking of getting one of those strikers they look pretty damn cool, how much did yours cost??

jimbob78 01-10-2008 06:17 PM

I rather like the look of the jersey star (the Sambora sig).
:liplick:

EVH92 01-10-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr Zyl÷z
I've been thinking of getting one of those strikers they look pretty damn cool, how much did yours cost??



280 stock. When I got the pickup it added up to $360

Zephyr Zyl÷z 01-10-2008 06:30 PM

cool, I'm definately gonna buy one :D

jake911 01-10-2008 06:55 PM

Those new kramers are such a steal, i must get one. btw how is the floyd in them.

EVH92 01-10-2008 06:56 PM

Meh, its alright. It kinda screws up sometimes, but I can handle it

twisty571 01-10-2008 07:56 PM

:o my first guitar was a cheap 80's Kramer EVH copy back in the 80's :peace: I was looking a that 424 but opted for my Hag. :p:

EVH92 01-10-2008 10:07 PM

I love the ones from the 80's.

1984 baretta=*Insert any adjective that means amazing here*

DSOTM80 01-23-2008 05:05 AM

EVH92 you bastard you stole my idea to upgrade the Striker with an SH-11 Custom Custom :p: I had that on my mind before I even bought the guitar and then finally put it to action in December, sounds awesome with it. Next up is a Pearly Gates in the neck position. Pickup is ordered, should be here any day now. Might put in an Original Floyd Rose. The licensed has the exact same measurements so it would be easy.

STABxYOU 01-23-2008 09:16 AM

I have a Stagemaster Deluxe, it was a really good deal.

EVH92 01-23-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSOTM80
EVH92 you bastard you stole my idea to upgrade the Striker with an SH-11 Custom Custom :p: I had that on my mind before I even bought the guitar and then finally put it to action in December, sounds awesome with it. Next up is a Pearly Gates in the neck position. Pickup is ordered, should be here any day now. Might put in an Original Floyd Rose. The licensed has the exact same measurements so it would be easy.



heh, pretty smart aint I? :D

bokuho 01-23-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob78
I rather like the look of the jersey star (the Sambora sig).
:liplick:
Got one. It's ****ing PERFECT. Seriously, I've yet to come across any other guitar that's better. At one point I was considering buying a Gibson Custom Shop VOS '59 Les Paul, for several thousand more than my Jersey Star cost me, and you know what, when it came to playing it, the Gibson didn't come even close to the JS. It's incredible, it really, really is.

The one and only problem I have with it is that ironically, it's not very good for Bon Jovi songs. It's not twangy and shrill enough for early Bon Jovi, and it's not bassy, smooth and bluesy enough for later Bon Jovi.


All that said... I'd kill for one of Richie's original ~'87 Kramers...

Chex 01-25-2008 06:54 AM

I'd kill for a Richie Kramer. Shame they don't do them left handed :(

I know this might be off topic - but what amps do you Kramer users use to get that 80's metal sound?

jimzer 01-25-2008 08:05 AM

i dont have a kramer but i love the look of them.
my fav design is the plain strat body with 1 humbucker in the bridge with a floyd rose tremolo
i think it was a motley crue (i dont like them) one, sexy guitar. evh's axe is nice too

EVH92 01-25-2008 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex
I know this might be off topic - but what amps do you Kramer users use to get that 80's metal sound?



Randalls and jcm 800's=perfect 80's tone

But I use a valveking cuz I'm poor. Oh well, I do fine with it

bokuho 01-25-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chex
I know this might be off topic - but what amps do you Kramer users use to get that 80's metal sound?

Going back to Richie actually - a Marshall JCM800 head, and any generic old (the older the better) Fender cab. Gives the most gorgeous tone. For hard rock, just turn everything up all the way to 10 and you're good to go, basically. For metal, it helps to have an additional artificial distortion pedal too, but keep it on a pretty light setting.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.