UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Legend of Zelda Thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767828)

fly fly fly 01-21-2008 08:41 PM

Legend of Zelda Thread

Ok, so lots of people here have played Legend of Zelda OoT (Ocarina of Time) I'm guessing from the many pictures from the demotivational thread. So in spirit, I think that Zelda should have it's own thread. Just about anything that relates to it, like the music, plot, gaming strategies, other game appearances, etc. It's a timeless game series that is up for discussion easily. :p:

OK, I'll start: So does anyone else find that in the Ocarina of Time, the megaton hammer is used only a handful of times during the game. I mean, there are so many substitutions for it when in combat, and you use mostly during the end of the fire temple. It always seemed a little pointless to me.

cakeandpiemofo 01-21-2008 08:43 PM

I used the megaton hammer in the final battle against Ganon when I didn't have the big goron sword.

cmasterprice 01-21-2008 08:43 PM

thank you for making this thread!

i just recently got phantom hourglass and it rox0rz!

who else has it?

Dirge Humani 01-21-2008 08:44 PM

I believe that the megaton hammer could be used in the Ganondorf ping-pong fight to deal more damage than the master sword.

And it is also the best bet against Ganon when your sword gets knocked away.

IHATECHILDREN 01-21-2008 08:45 PM

Dude, the Bigoron sword was so much better, though.

That thing was f'ing amazing. No joke.

Krost 01-21-2008 08:45 PM

Lantern pwns all.

fly fly fly 01-21-2008 08:45 PM

Cakeandpiemofo, Yeah, I got the biggoron sword so I never needed it. That's what I meant by substitutions. There was always a way around having to use the megaton hammer besides in the fire temple.

imthehitcher 01-21-2008 08:46 PM

when i first got to ganandorf i didnt realise you could use your sword to hit back his like power ball things, so i used a bottle, i was young :rolleyes:

Rocking-Rob 01-21-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeandpiemofo
I used the megaton hammer in the final battle against Ganon when I didn't have the big goron sword.

lies, you would have the big goron sword, not the master sword

:p:

metalcore123 01-21-2008 08:46 PM

i had a dream 2 nights ago i played ocarina of time, and i woke up for a minute and fell asleep. when i started dreaming again my game reset with out saving so i had to do the ****ing water temple again. bull****.

Garret. 01-21-2008 08:46 PM

I never cared for the Megaton hammer, I was all about the Hookshot

cakeandpiemofo 01-21-2008 08:47 PM

Ya but when you had to get the eye drops from the lake to the top of death mountain it was such a pain in the ass.

Reverb X 01-21-2008 08:47 PM

I want phantom hourglass. I just finished Twilight Princess the other day. It wasnt as epic as i thought TP was gonna be but was still awesome none the less.

Eric 666 01-21-2008 08:48 PM

Dude I ****ing love that game, I finished it the other night, finally! after a couple of years of on and off playing.

Flying Couch 01-21-2008 08:48 PM

The "Hey! Listen!" bit from Navi is my ringtone.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks the water temple from OoT is cake? Everybody talks about how hard it is, but the Shadow Temple was the hardest for me.

guitar guy 6006 01-21-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthehitcher
when i first got to ganandorf i didnt realise you could use your sword to hit back his like power ball things, so i used a bottle, i was young :rolleyes:

ya dude thats actually faster than hitting it with the master sword, or any sword

cmasterprice 01-21-2008 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb X
I want phantom hourglass. I just finished Twilight Princess the other day. It wasnt as epic as i thought TP was gonna be but was still awesome none the less.

in TP, do you play as THE link(oot) or as a descendant of link(ww, ph)

gnrliesmanlies 01-21-2008 08:50 PM

i thought twilight princess was uber epic, i logged 40 hours in 3 days to beat it

RiFf_RoCk3r_24 01-21-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret.
I never cared for the Megaton hammer, I was all about the Hookshot

Thats what i'm talking about, and the bow was also a cool weapon to pwn people at long range.

Eric 666 01-21-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Couch
The "Hey! Listen!" bit from Navi is my ringtone.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks the water temple from OoT is cake? Everybody talks about how hard it is, but the Shadow Temple was the hardest for me.

I hated that ****ing temple dude, it pissed me off when I had to raise the water levels and what not, it was endless, the Shadow Temple wasnt all that bad for me though.