UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hardcore (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Protest the Hero (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816999)

CheifSlapAhoe 09-26-2006 06:48 PM

Protest The Hero

Lately I've Been Listening To Tons Of Protest The Hero.
www.myspace.com/protestthehero

-The Band Is From Ontario, Canada.
-5 Members
-Considered Metalcore (I Think They Are Metal I'd Get Flamed If I Posted In Metal)
-The First Time You Listen To Heretics And Killers You Will Soil Yourself.
-On Tour With Trivium This Fall
-I'll Be Seeing Them In A Month.
-Rated The Best Live Band By DragonForce.

They Are Really An Amazing Band.
So There Needs A Forum About Them

soBLINKad 09-26-2006 06:57 PM

yea, PTH is amazing. and ur right, i bout my pants when i heard heretics and killers

Stratmaster69 09-26-2006 06:58 PM

i got to sit and jam accousticly with them at the warped this summer, they are really really nice guys, really soft spoken and cool. but ya they are insane at everything they do, extremely technical skill and complex writing. i wouldnt consider them metal though

but alas, they are indeed a band where its either you love them or you hate them, there really isnt an in between. but i for one love them

chris_122 09-26-2006 07:00 PM

I love the album Kezia. It's such a breath of fresh air in the metalcore genre.
They're great. :D

the agony scene 09-26-2006 07:00 PM

protest the hero =amazing there just talent on a stick

everytimeifry 09-26-2006 07:32 PM

phenominal band. ive played kezia so much that the disk has begun to wear out

StuckWithSlappy 09-26-2006 07:33 PM

greatest band ever. I cannot stop listening to Kezia, i think its one of the best cds around, next to The Always Open Mouth

SonicMessiah 09-26-2006 07:41 PM

Eh... they r ok. Nothing to celebrate, though.

Inimical 09-26-2006 07:44 PM

They're from my hometown. They played a show at my highschool a few years ago and, despite how much I hate their music style, I was very entertained.

Definitely see them live if you get the chance.

CheifSlapAhoe 09-26-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inimical
They're from my hometown. They played a show at my highschool a few years ago and, despite how much I hate their music style, I was very entertained.

Definitely see them live if you get the chance.

Yeah for my friends birthday, we're going to see them with Trivium. It's going to be a great show.

LedZeppelin 09-26-2006 08:41 PM

Wow, never really bothered listening to them. Vocals can occasionally get annoying but generally great stuff. Must pick up an album some time.

travis__002 09-26-2006 08:43 PM

one the most skilled bands in a long time...plus at such a young age they can pull off those sweet harmonies and awsome licks, i wouldnt consider them metalcore but thats just me. ive seen them play 4 times in my hometown and they keep getting better and better, they have amazing stage presence and i just purely love them..nice dudes

Gomorrah 09-26-2006 09:47 PM

I'm glad a good band is getting a lot of attention. They truly deserve.

SEARCH YOU HOMO LOLOL

)Eric(Draven 09-26-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomorrah
SEARCH YOU HOMO LOLOL

Haha, fo' real.

Yeah, but, if you haven't checked these guys out, you need to. I remember Brandon (Aspirations27) told me about them a long ass time ago and I was like "oh, ok, I'll check them out later."

Then when I finally got the record, I felt like a jackass.

It's one of the best things ever written. You need it.

normajean812 09-26-2006 10:21 PM

I wear girl jeans. They're nice. Protest the Hero isn't hardcore or metalcore though, sorry to burst your bubble. Bands with mostly singing cannot be either of those. They're okay.. I saw them with Silverstein one time. Back when I was a queer and didn't listen to good music. They shouldn't be getting as much attention as this. They put on a good show but not an amazing one. They should get recognition but not this much. They're overrated. It's just that nobody plays fast music anymore. Check out these guys.

www.myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Progressive metal/post hardcore. You'll like that if you like Protest The Hero. You should like it damn well period, because they're incredible.

CheifSlapAhoe 09-26-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean812
I wear girl jeans. They're nice. Protest the Hero isn't hardcore or metalcore though, sorry to burst your bubble. Bands with mostly singing cannot be either of those. They're okay.. I saw them with Silverstein one time. Back when I was a queer and didn't listen to good music. They shouldn't be getting as much attention as this. They put on a good show but not an amazing one. They should get recognition but not this much. They're overrated. It's just that nobody plays fast music anymore. Check out these guys.

www.myspace.com/thehumanabstract

Progressive metal/post hardcore. You'll like that if you like Protest The Hero. You should like it damn well period, because they're incredible.

What Would You Consider Them ?

Gomorrah 09-26-2006 10:59 PM

Protest the Hero are a great example of a genre defying band. And that is part of the reason why they are so damn good.

sonixon 09-26-2006 11:45 PM

I saw them live 3 times in one week this summer :D I sang along with every word.

I also wrote the wikipedia article on Luke Hoskin because I'm wicked like that.

kryptonite22 09-27-2006 08:42 AM

great band but how many threads is this now...?

Panasonic Youth 09-27-2006 11:09 PM

I think PTH are good, but I'm sort of in between. The singing just sort of reminds me of Panic! At The Disco (Don't ask why, it just sort of does), and it kind of annoys me. I must say, though, Heretics and Killers is an awesome song. That intro just slays me.