UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sculptured (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=817414)

BringMeTheCalm 03-21-2008 03:28 PM

Sculptured

I just got The Spear of the Lily is Aureoled and I've concluded that this band is amazing. I'd expect nothing less from any member of Agalloch though.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...iendID=36370798

Discuss.

The Virtuoso 03-21-2008 05:44 PM

Good band, I like what I've heard on their myspace. :cheers:

Phill-Rock 05-24-2008 04:25 PM

Sculptured!

:headbang:

BringMeTheCalm 05-24-2008 05:26 PM

Hell yeah! This is back!

Everyone listen to Embodiment is the Purest Form of Horror.

Phill-Rock 05-24-2008 05:32 PM

I only have the first album...

Broadsword 05-24-2008 05:52 PM

As do I. While it's a good album, the inclusion samples throw me off, and I'm still undecided about the vocals...

I'll give it time, though. Almond Beauty is pretty epic.

BringMeTheCalm 05-24-2008 11:50 PM

I love the samples. The outro to Our Illuminated Tomb is great. My favorite song is Her Silence though.

I even like the vocals.

dead-fish 05-25-2008 12:02 AM

I thought I posted here...

Wrecking band. Bodies Without Organs is amazing, and it has hilarious lyrics.

BringMeTheCalm 05-25-2008 12:04 AM

"Some time ago, when I was sick, I would vomit so much that I would want to sew my mouth completely shut"

What's hilarious about that... :confused:

:rolleyes:

I don't suppose anyone has a great ear? I would love some tabs from this band.

dead-fish 05-25-2008 12:22 AM

BODIES!!! WITHOUT!!! ORGANS!!!!
there is...
NOTHING!!! MORE USELESS!!! THAN AN ORGAN!!!

I don't know, that always cracks me up :haha

Their drummer belongs in a mental institution, with a constant dialysis of valium attached to his arm. Dude is batshit crazyfuck.

BringMeTheCalm 05-25-2008 12:25 AM

Definitely. I love the drum intro to Bodies Without Organs. Also the keyboards on that album are fantastic. Especially in The Shape of Rage.

Also, I love those lines... Well, the way they're sung, anyway.

dead-fish 05-25-2008 01:39 AM

It makes me think of some surgery, with some House-like surgeon, going:

Surgeon: See this? What is that?
Doctor: The pancreas?
Surgeon: Wrong! It's an organ! Do you know it's functions?
Doctor: Uhh it--
Surgeon: NO!! It's useless! It's completely useless! *flings organs all about*

Monkey_Bassist 05-25-2008 03:46 AM

Thanks to the fish-man, I gave these guys a listen. Quite odd stuff (but in a good way).

Only heard the latest album, and as I said, it seems to take the band a bit to find their "groove" on the album, by groove I mean like "flow" - the flow that is necessary in mental Music such as this. But the later tracks make up for that ;)

Broadsword 06-02-2008 07:29 PM

So, I gave TSOTLIA another listen, and I liked it more this time around. The clean vocals and samples still are "eh.." to me, but damn there's some good riffage throughout. Almond Beauty is insanely catchy...

BringMeTheCalm 06-02-2008 07:32 PM

I find the cleans to be great, especially on Her Silence. I love everything about that song, except for its lack of samples...

Also, it should please you to know they have a different clean singer on Embodiment.

I get happy every time I see this thread...

Broadsword 06-02-2008 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringMeTheCalm
I find the cleans to be great, especially on Her Silence. I love everything about that song, except for its lack of samples...

Also, it should please you to know they have a different clean singer on Embodiment.

I get happy every time I see this thread...

:p:

Stylistically, how different is Embodiment to Lily?

BringMeTheCalm 06-02-2008 07:45 PM

It's similar, but it's more experimental and a bit more modern, but it works in this case. There is very prevalent keyboard usage, which at times sounds like it would be good in some 80s pop song (it works well). It's more angry as all of the lyrics focus around bodies, death, and god's inexistance, rather than love affairs. The drums are much crazier and more off beat. It's much less traditional, as better production, and seems more... uh, intense?

I like it better.

Broadsword 06-02-2008 07:50 PM

Sounds interesting. :haha

I'll definitely check it out. As long as they still have the whole epic melodic metal thing going, I'm good.

BringMeTheCalm 06-02-2008 08:05 PM

Well in away, I'd say it's less epic... But it's also more epic in a way. It's really hard to explain.

bootyguard 06-02-2008 08:09 PM

Sculptured is awesome I love the groovy intro the new album. Plus all their songs are progressively mind-bendingly cool.