UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pop Punk & Emo (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Lemuria (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842108)

lolmnt 04-20-2008 04:11 PM

Lemuria

I love 'em.

Check them out.

StreetLight3989 04-20-2008 04:34 PM

They're very good, can't wait for Asian Man Tour to see them.

lolmnt 04-20-2008 04:40 PM

I hope I can make it up there for that. I mean, the Queers, Lemuria, and Andrew Jackson Jihad??? It doesn't get much better than that.

Plus I'd get to meet my UG friends.

StreetLight3989 04-20-2008 05:06 PM

That would be really cool, it's going to be an awesome show.

Andrewbiles 04-20-2008 08:09 PM

Can't say I'm much of a fan. Have a couple of releases by them and don't mind them but at one point everywhere seemed to go mad about them and I just couldn't get the fuss.

I_Pwn 04-20-2008 09:22 PM

Can't wait to see them on the asian man tour.

hardrock1315 04-20-2008 11:02 PM

Awesome band.

I'm definitely seeing the Asisan Man Tour if it comes to NYC or Long Island.

againstmax 04-22-2008 11:20 PM

I saw them with the ergs! I do like em a bit.

saxaxe 01-27-2009 11:37 PM

*bump*
great band

garrett5 01-28-2009 12:21 AM

<3 Lemuria.

I just got "the first collections" and love it

bassbeat77 01-28-2009 01:05 PM

I've been getting into these guys lately.

molly bee 01-29-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I hope I can make it up there for that. I mean, the Queers, Lemuria, and Andrew Jackson Jihad??? It doesn't get much better than that.

Plus I'd get to meet my UG friends.

this is a totally old post, but I'm STILL pissed about missing that when it came here. haha.
anyway...Lemuria rocks so hard it hurts a little. I hope I'll be able to see them sometime in my life, if bigger Chicago venues ever shape up and stop making 17+ shows.

My opinion still stands that songs on the First Collection are better than Get Better...but I'm starting to like a few more songs on Get Better now. Some of them are just so disappointingly boring!

saxaxe 01-29-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly bee
this is a totally old post, but I'm STILL pissed about missing that when it came here. haha.
anyway...Lemuria rocks so hard it hurts a little. I hope I'll be able to see them sometime in my life, if bigger Chicago venues ever shape up and stop making 17+ shows.

My opinion still stands that songs on the First Collection are better than Get Better...but I'm starting to like a few more songs on Get Better now. Some of them are just so disappointingly boring!

I only have Get Better.

Completely off topic, but I think you kinda know my girlfriend from PRD :p:

lolmnt 01-29-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly bee

I didn't go either :p:

I also agree with you for the most part, but the songs that are good on Get Better are miles ahead of the songs on First Collection. Mechanical might be the best song ever recorded. Dog/Dogs are both great as well.

JesusOfSbrbia 01-29-2009 01:26 AM

I only have Get Better, and I have to say I'm not the biggest fan. Yeah they're good, but I like my pop punk to have a little bit more punk in it than this.

"Pants" and "Wardrobe" are my favorite songs from the album, but they just sound like rock songs to me... I'm not even sure why Lemuria is considered pop punk...

lolmnt 01-29-2009 01:28 AM

Wardrobe sucks.

JesusOfSbrbia 01-29-2009 01:30 AM

You suck! :mad:

lolmnt 01-29-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusOfSbrbia
You suck! :mad:
That's not true!

And Wardrobe is one of the songs that leave me saying "Why? Did they really think that sounded good?"

The others are: Yesterday's Lunch, Lipstick (sometimes, others I like it), and Hawaiian T-Shirt.

Manos15 01-29-2009 01:55 AM

Tried, can't get into 'em :(

saxaxe 01-29-2009 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusOfSbrbia
I only have Get Better, and I have to say I'm not the biggest fan. Yeah they're good, but I like my pop punk to have a little bit more punk in it than this.

"Pants" and "Wardrobe" are my favorite songs from the album, but they just sound like rock songs to me... I'm not even sure why Lemuria is considered pop punk...

I agree. I wouldn't mind them to have a little more punk in em.