UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cormorant (they're better than Possessed! Just ask Jeff Becerra!) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=846564)

Scourge441 04-26-2008 03:48 PM

Cormorant (they're better than Possessed! Just ask Jeff Becerra!)

EDIT: If you're buying stuff from the band, the webstore is here.

I just read this on another forum:

Quote:
Dude... Jeff Becerra from Possessed was at our gig tonight.

We played this dive-bar in the East Bay called Chris' Club with our friends in Sarcoma and Ancient at Birth, and ****ing Jeff Becerra, the legendary vocalist/bassist from Possessed showed up! While we were playing, I saw him rocking out in his wheelchair. After our set (during which we debuted a brand new song that could best be described as Thin Lizzy meets Falkenbach) I went up to Jeff to shake his hand. My opening line, cheesy as it sounds, was "Jeff, thanks so much for inventing death metal." He must have gotten a kick out of it because he actually said "Man, you guys are better than Possessed ever were." Then he told me how he was tripping out during our set and described our live music as "psychedelic." He also said my clothes and playing style apparently reminded him of his buddy Cliff Burton. He offered to buy an album from us, but I couldn't take the dude's money, so I gave him a freebie. Then I told him we were working on our full-length right now, and we'd be honored to have his guest vocals on one of our tracks. He said he was totally for it!

Man that was awesome. I was just listening to Seven Churches this week, and then I run into the dude. Hopefully I can follow up with the guest vocals thing. I'd love to have him on the next Cormorant album. Hell, he could fart into the mic and I'd be happy.

As you can see, old-school death and black metal icons turn me into a little school girl. I'd probably act the same way with Tom Warrior or Cronos. I guess this topic is now about meeting metal icons and you turning into a giddy child on Christmas.

This is the link to his band:
www.myspace.com/cormorantmusic

And yeah, they're really good. Folk/black/melodic death hybrid.

Phill-Rock 04-26-2008 04:06 PM

I can't listen to it now cause both my speakers and headphones are broken - but they sound good.

And this is a great story, I've heard a couple of times that Jeff was a really nice guy.

The Virtuoso 04-26-2008 04:16 PM

Listening to Ballad of The Beast right now, it's pretty good. These guys definitely have potential.

progbass 09-22-2009 11:02 PM

bump

THESE GUYS RULE OMG DEBUT IT AWESOME111

Lappo 09-23-2009 12:06 AM

getting alboom~

know perchance where I might find the EP? I'm pretty good at finding deez things, but it does not exist (besides a dead torrent on the wellknown public trackers; 0 seeds)

Guitar_Kingdom 09-23-2009 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progbass
bump

THESE GUYS RULE OMG DEBUT IT AWESOME111

I concur :p:

progbass 09-23-2009 12:29 AM

its giving Fen a run for their Best 09 Debut spot

logboy 09-23-2009 04:36 AM

I'm really enjoying this album, damn good debut and may even be in my top 10 for the year.

Butt Rayge 09-23-2009 05:07 AM

Heard one song so far, and it's pretty cool.

Cianyx 09-23-2009 05:09 AM

Pretty sweet band. Awesome album cover too

Butt Rayge 09-23-2009 05:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Gw...150AF48&index=3
Found a playlist of the whole album on youtube. Awesome stuff. They seemed a little post metal during one song. I'd like to hear more of that in their sound, personally.

destöroyah 09-23-2009 07:08 AM

everything about this band is great.
the music successfully blends prog and black metal with awesome results.
combined with amazing and un-cliched artwork.

ChemicalFire 09-23-2009 07:44 AM

Do Like

Burning_Angel 09-23-2009 11:36 AM

I was actually slightly disappointed by Metazoa... I mean, it's good, but I think my expectations were a bit too high. And the best two songs, IMO, were the ones they posted on the MS before releasing it.

Scourge441 09-23-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79Gw...150AF48&index=3
Found a playlist of the whole album on youtube. Awesome stuff. They seemed a little post metal during one song. I'd like to hear more of that in their sound, personally.

If it's Hole in the Sea you're talking about, it does feature Aaron Gregory of Giant Squid on vocals.

@ Lappo: check your PM's.

technicolour 09-23-2009 03:37 PM

Cool. I enjoy the melodic parts much.

Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know what a Cormorant is:

soooo cute

CurbstompBass 09-23-2009 06:58 PM

Got the pre-order mega deal thing. Awesome stuff.

Scourge441 09-23-2009 07:37 PM

I got the two-shirt order with the album art shirt and the blue shirt. Still waiting for them to arrive.

Butt Rayge 09-24-2009 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge441
If it's Hole in the Sea you're talking about, it does feature Aaron Gregory of Giant Squid on vocals.

@ Lappo: check your PM's.

I don't recall which it was.

Kinda just bumping this in hope they'll get more views (and to remind myself to get some of their stuff when I can be bothered)

romencer17 11-29-2009 05:58 PM

listening to Metazoa once again. this shit is pretty sweet.