UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tabs & Chords (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Shades of Green (Instrumental) GP5,GP4 (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=937778)

nbgreat 08-18-2008 04:30 AM

Shades of Green (Instrumental) GP5,GP4

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a while since i composed a new song so i thought of posting one. This one's a prog-metal instrumental song and it's called Shades of Green. It's available in GP4 and GP5. I hope you like it! :)

drunkinkoala 08-18-2008 04:41 AM

Wow that was great I especially like the guitar riff in bars 30 -4 0 ish. How long did take you?

Also c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=931420

SHEEM 08-18-2008 06:28 AM

Critting as I listen.

The drums really reminded me of DT, and that 5/4 part looks just like Dance of Eternity.
I liked the intro @ 12-20.
The part from 29 also looks just like DoT.
Part from 51 is nice, don't have much to say about it.
81's solo seemed a bit weird.
Keyboard part after is was nice.
Acoustic part at 112 was awesome, maybe you could spice it up a bit.
Key/Guitar soloes after that were awesome, seriously worthy of JP and JR.
I like how the end is like the beginning. Everything ends where it begins, huh? ;)

Anyways, great thing, seriously worthy of Theater. Jordan would be proud. 10/10.

Ailes 08-18-2008 08:17 AM

Well, obviously for everyone it screams Dream Theater - and in a good way. From the way it's composed and arranged it shows you know what you're doing and have studied DT thouroughly. In that respect, the only critique points I can give are matters of personal taste (such as the choice of synth instruments (don't like FX rain)). I didn't make out a clear chorus hookline, maybe the introduction of a vocal line would help in that respect ?
I know bar 51 ff is supposed to be a buildup, still it drags too long that it loses abit steam in the run. Nothing wrong with the general idea, just the execution (how about a chord rhythm instead of pm 16ths ?).
Oh and the unisono lead in bar 157 ff was pure bliss. You better come out and say you gonna record this soon, or else ... ^^

nbgreat 08-18-2008 09:18 AM

First of all, i doubt that this will be recorded soon enough. That's because me and my bandmates are so busy in school that we don't have the time anymore to jam but i'll try if i can find the time to record this. Anyway, the piece is certainly inspired by Dream Theater (mostly their instrumental songs like Erotomania and Stream of Consciousness).
In the 5/4 part, I chose FX rain because i wanted to give it a somewhat mysterious feel in it and after bar 50 (the drum break), I was unsure how to continue the song so created something simple like simple chord progression. I
n the unison solo part, i was listening to NWOBHM bands like Iron Maiden, Dragonforce, Gamma Ray, etc. so i was inspired to create harmonizing riffs in the song.
Finally, thanks for the comments guys! I appreciate them! :)

Ailes 08-20-2008 12:08 AM

Well, this needs definetly more love. So I recorded your song in my downtime today:

>>> Click me for recorded Version <<<
(Link also includes a streaming feature, so you can listen instantly without having to download anything)

Just a rough mix with no proper mastering, slipped here and there in the solos (considering I've played this for just 2 days), but otherwise ok. It's not intended to be serious anyway, just to give you some motivation, or to blast from you car stereo. Anyways, like I said, great stuff, and thanks for giving me something to practice again. Cheers!

SHEEM 08-20-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailes
Well, this needs definetly more love. So I recorded your song in my downtime today:

>>> Click me for recorded Version <<<
(Link also includes a streaming feature, so you can listen instantly without having to download anything)

Just a rough mix with no proper mastering, slipped here and there in the solos (considering I've played this for just 2 days), but otherwise ok. It's not intended to be serious anyway, just to give you some motivation, or to blast from you car stereo. Anyways, like I said, great stuff, and thanks for giving me something to practice again. Cheers!

:eek: Wow.