UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Pit (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Official Car Thread (Vroom, Vroom!) (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=938545)

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:21 AM

The Official Car Thread (Vroom, Vroom!)

Searchbar came up with nothing so here it is!

UG's OWN CAR THREAD!!!

Post anything related to cars :D

The only rules?

- No spamming (duh)
Keep it on-topic fellas.

- If Posting Pics, The Pics MUST include a car
Pretty much explained right there.
No posting pointless pictures.

Post away!

(oh yes, my start)

I'm going to be getting a car of my own between sometime now and my birthday on September 5th.

I'll most likely be getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse of some sort but this is my specific model of choice.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder :D

img removed

Incredibly sexy, and at an affordable price.
Also pretty damn fast.

Update:

Nice to see my thread still up, running, and alive :D

Anyways I never got that Eclipse, I got a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8SE. It fell apart over the years and just last week I got a new ride :D :D :D

My girl <3 :

2010 Dodge Charger SXT

xblack_sabbathx 03-28-2008 05:23 AM

ive got a holden vl turbo...no pics on this computer tho coz im on dads laptop
Hopefully it will be running 10 second 1/4 mile passes in a few years :P (mind you that will be about $20000AUD in engine mods)

Its a 1987 VL Commodore SL (ex police car)
It has a Nissan straight 6 3.0l turbo engine (RB30DET, same as r31 skyline).
Mines currently putting out 182rwkw at 11 psi.
Custom white leather interior
Senator Signature rims
2 x 12" Alpine type X 3000w subwoofers
Lowered with SSSL springs all round.
Paid $9000AUD for it stock and have spent around $13000AUD on it :P

This is basically excactly the same as mine just different wheels and i have leather interior

ratherbedead 03-28-2008 05:23 AM

i think we have a thread already

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherbedead
i think we have a thread already

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDURPEEDURP
Searchbar came up with nothing.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure if there was an OFFICIAL already, carmel_l would've mentioned it when
she verified my making of an official car thread.

musiclover2399 03-28-2008 05:25 AM

I couldn't tell you why but I just really like mitsubishis and mazdas...like just their design you know? Modern and smooth...

Anyways will you get the one in the picture? I myself have an '02 mustang GT, I love mustangs.

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover2399
I couldn't tell you why but I just really like mitsubishis and mazdas...like just their design you know? Modern and smooth...

Anyways will you get the one in the picture? I myself have an '02 mustang GT, I love mustangs.

If I can get one like that then **** yes! :liplick:

This is a pic from a google image, but it's the exact design of car I want to get soon.

musiclover2399 03-28-2008 05:28 AM

^Nice. The spyder is the one that a lot of people like to modify right?

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:
^Nice. The spyder is the one that a lot of people like to modify right?

Hmm, I think you're thinking about the Eclipse GT.

Although, I have heard of a few Spyder moddings, because it CAN be turned into quite a an awesome racing car for generally, cheap.

When I get mine, i'm definately gonna throw some No2 on mine, upgraded brakes, and get some tint on my windows.

I'm going to try and get a custom plate that says

"UGuitar"

Jack Off Jill 03-28-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure if there was an OFFICIAL already, carmel_l would've mentioned it when
she verified my making of an official car thread.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ght=Automobiles

Not that I really care.. My car is dead, and I'm getting ripped off by the insurance company. :( Seriously, only 7 grand for a new car, when I owed about 4 grand? That leaves 3 grand for a new one. :(

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ght=Automobiles

Not that I really care.. My car is dead, and I'm getting ripped off by the insurance company. :( Seriously, only 7 grand for a new car, when I owed about 4 grand? That leaves 3 grand for a new one. :(

I have dibs on Official, ergo I win :D

What's your predicament with the insurance company about?

MaxLees666 03-28-2008 05:41 AM

I have a Ford Ka :-D R reg, 11 years old, flippin bargain at 300 haha. It's not bad though I've managed to do 106 in it, which is 11 mph more than its specs say it can go.

musiclover2399 03-28-2008 05:41 AM

Quote:
Hmm, I think you're thinking about the Eclipse GT.

Although, I have heard of a few Spyder moddings, because it CAN be turned into quite a an awesome racing car for generally, cheap.

When I get mine, i'm definately gonna throw some No2 on mine, upgraded brakes, and get some tint on my windows.

I'm going to try and get a custom plate that says

"UGuitar"

Really (about the plate)? I wouldn't really want to put something related to a guitar website on my car...

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLees666
I have a Ford Ka :-D R reg, 11 years old, flippin bargain at 300 haha. It's not bad though I've managed to do 106 in it, which is 11 mph more than its specs say it can go.

How did you manage that?

Got pics?

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:
Really (about the plate)? I wouldn't really want to put something related to a guitar website on my car...

it's just simply a tribute to UG.

Guitar is my true passion, therefore it belongs where I can publicly show it without ruining the body of my car :D

I think if you're gonna pay extra for a license plate, make it something that has true meaning to you.

Jack Off Jill 03-28-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:
I have dibs on Official, ergo I win :D

What's your predicament with the insurance company about?

Yeah, but they are the one and only. It's more show business style. Personally, I think the two threads members should have a battle to see who gets to stick around.

Oh, I got into a little car accident and my car is totalled last week. I bought it in 05, and now it is dead. But they're being bastards.

StratPat 03-28-2008 05:45 AM

The mighty Chevelle!

musiclover2399 03-28-2008 05:45 AM

^That's bull**** about the insurance company thing. Was the car new or lightly used when you got it?

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Off Jill
Yeah, but they are the one and only. It's more show business style. Personally, I think the two threads members should have a battle to see who gets to stick around.

Oh, I got into a little car accident and my car is totalled last week. I bought it in 05, and now it is dead. But they're being bastards.

Mine gets to stick around because when OFFICIAL is claimed, anything related to the broad topic MUST now be put in the thread, or else it is locked :D

besides, that thread is 6days since gone.

If your car can no longer be used, they can't legally charge you for a repair, since it wont' do anything right?

Look over their terms perhaps, if they still push payment, take them to court?

MrDURPEEDURP 03-28-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratPat
The mighty Chevelle!

Thing's quite a beaut' you got there StratPat :cheers:

Specs and cost?

MaxLees666 03-28-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:
How did you manage that?

Got pics?

God knows lol, it was a slight hill but 106, with 4 people in it (therefore, full) is quite a feat lol. I do have pics of the car on my MySpace page, but I've just remembered it's private. My UG profile pic and my avatar have it in it but it's kinda sliced off the front lol