Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-30-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
rodrigomierh
havok 32

Smile "Fallen" another happy rock song [PTB, MIDI, C4C]

Hi, after a long time, I finally got this song done. Im still not completely happy with the time changes, so let know what you think. all kinds of crits are welcomed.
Thanks.

I'll do crit4crit too
Attached Files
File Type: zip fallen.zip (12.4 KB, 168 views)
rodrigomierh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
icronic

You really need to get this in GP. Since for some reason when I import it in it's not getting the time changes correctly. I ended up importing the midi to GP, so I'm not entirely certain it's sounding like it should.

Anyway, I love the intro part, it's a great build into the song.

The bass definitely needs some filling out through the entire song. It's just not present enough, and when it is there it's not really that interesting.

The first melody is great, really catchy and memorable, but it would benefit having some kind of rhythm part behind it. A clean guitar, or an acoustic or something.

The transition into the next part of the song starts off really well, I love the way you're building up the chords into the next section. Then, the time speeds up and the next riff starts. It's just awkward.

But the next riff is also very cool. The only thing I don't like is that brief break when it slows down. The actual part you've got is cool, but again the transition sounds awkward.

I like all the solos as well, they weren't brilliant, but they fit the song really nicely.

I really liked all the parts of the song. Every idea is a good idea, every melody is a memorable one. It's really the time changes that are hurting the song though. Finding a better way to transition into them would turn a decent song with a lot of great ideas, into a great song.
icronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #3
Gyroscope
UG Senior Member

Not really my style, but I like it. It's catchy and uplifting, but now it just needs some drums.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Gyroscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
dervishguitar

I thought you were being sarcastic when you said happy. :P. It was great though. Really woke me up and got me out of a tired and boring moment. It kind of made me want to break out into song and dance with the cast of high school musical. All the harmonies were well choreographed and used properly (thank god). The melody in the middle was really good. The part after that, though, I can only describe it as typical and kind of disney, no offense. Unless that was your planned direction.

All in all, as a piece of music, not being in my style, 9.5/10

C4C? It's in my sig.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...36#post19979736
dervishguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 AM   #5
_paradox_

had to listen to the midi since I only have guitar pro.

I like the lead guitar lines you wrote
I liked the start especially.

The part where the tempo increases (or the song seems to get faster) threw me off a bit,
other than that it was good

_paradox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #6
Sepuloren

Over all I really enjoyed it, but like you said the changes could use some fixing.
Sepuloren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
rodrigomierh
havok 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervishguitar
I thought you were being sarcastic when you said happy. :P. It was great though. Really woke me up and got me out of a tired and boring moment. It kind of made me want to break out into song and dance with the cast of high school musical. All the harmonies were well choreographed and used properly (thank god). The melody in the middle was really good. The part after that, though, I can only describe it as typical and kind of disney, no offense. Unless that was your planned direction.

All in all, as a piece of music, not being in my style, 9.5/10

C4C? It's in my sig.

lol.

Thanks for all your crits, I'll se what can be done to fix the tempo changes.
rodrigomierh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Its_Rock77
Anthony Green Fanboy <3

I really liked this. I won't really go into detail since most things have already been said, but it's really a fun song to listen to. chorus is awesome. prechorus is also awesome. I like the solo. outro solo was even better. fadeout was nicely done.

good job.

...You're still disappointing them...
Its_Rock77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
DarrellDuane374

Great Song. I really enjoyed it, especially the solos. My one and only problem are the tempo changes. I think that could be easily fixed tho. Overall, great rock song. 9/10
DarrellDuane374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:00 PM   #10
alienboy18241

Overall I really liked it, only 2 minor complaints. First, I didn't like the transition between the break and the chorus, I feel like adding the prechorus inbetween them would work better. Second, I just have never liked songs that fade out. But other than that, its a great song.
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
alienboy18241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Fivebretz
Haders Gonna Hade

Hey, thanks for the crit

I absolutely LOVE this song. It is precisely the sort of music I enjoy. I agree that you need to get it in Gpro, 'cos I'd actually like to learn it. The Bass is innovative, not just "ggggggggdddddddcccc" like I usually resort to, the rhythm is fresh, and the lead is just great!
The whole end solo is my favourite part overall, how the song has been getting gradually faster and faster, culminating in a really cool solo.
This is by and away my favourite song I've ever encountered on these forums
Awesome job, definitely 10/10 from me

I am a leaf on the wind; Watch how I soar
Fivebretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
Courtz_

I just randomly stumbled upon this and was like what the heck ill give it a listen and I LOVED it. Its one of those times when you wish you wrote that song I really don't even have any crit for it just wanted to let ya know I found it really enjoyable
Courtz_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: