Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
piratemetalhead
madjurstic

Bonesaw Slaughterfest [tech/brutal.death, GP5/midi, C4C]

A fairly medium-length metal tune inspired by the likes of Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, and Strapping Young Lad. Drop a comment if you have time, and I'll tryy to get back at any c4c requests asap.

Anyways, hope you enjoy "bonesaw slaughterfest"!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Bonesaw Slaughterfest.gp5 (39.6 KB, 188 views)
File Type: mid Bonesaw Slaughterfest.mid (63.2 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by piratemetalhead : 04-05-2010 at 01:54 AM.
piratemetalhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Annihilator666
Quintin

I think this is one of the only songs I've liked in the history of the tab forum. I could hear the Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, and Psycroptic influences really well. The transition at bar 37 to the fast part was really good, I thought it flowed well. I also enjoyed the "generic breakdown riff", it made me want to punch shit haha. Solos reminded me of CC. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the name haha.
Annihilator666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Kwonnie
UG Senior Member

Coming from someone who rarely listens to death metal; I love this piece. As usual, it has that magical transitioning that works so tight like all your tracks. 9/10 for sure.

Would you mind critting Toveri for me when you get a chance? ;o
Thank you bro!
Kwonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Ometh
nobody

Well let's get started. I like the intro, it's really cool. I like the following octave riff and the bomb blast on the second repetition. The ...brains... part sound really cool. The slaugher part was heretic, really ****ing awesome. Repetition of the verse riff, still sounds good. The ? part has some sick riffing and haromization. Holy shit, this breakdown is generic but it is really ****ing sick! The octave haromy at the second repetition sounds a bit awkward though. Nice transition riff at 87/94. The solo sounds weird but still pretty awesome lol. The ending is awkwardy awesome. Overall, this is a 8/10. Good job!
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
jeziz
El Diablo

Very nice song, especially the headbang?/verse riff. The only two parts that didn't sound that great to me were the transition at 36/37 and bars 101/102. Why leave them empty? And also, too bad there's no bass track.
The song starts off great and transitions very nice to the headbang? part. Also, very nice drumfill there.
Then comes the somewhat weird sounding transition to the faster riff. Maybe build up the tempo in the previous bars instead of this abrupt tempo change. In contrast the riff itself flows really well back to the verse riff.
Generic indeed, but the breakdown does really sound great! I would love to hear it in a real band setting, that riff will slay like hell!
Then come the soloz: The rhythm under the soloz doesn't really work that well in my opninion. You could have developed this more, now it sounds a bit empty. Playing a chords might fill up the gap a bit. And after the soloz it goes back to great with a nice ending chord (bar 121).
Despite this being in a style I normally don't listen to, I did enjoy the song a lot. Well done!

C4C? - Pale Death at the Palace of Kings

Last edited by jeziz : 04-05-2010 at 10:41 PM.
jeziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
bloodshed344
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemetalhead
A fairly medium-length metal tune inspired by the likes of Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, Spawn of Possession, Psycroptic, and Strapping Young Lad. Drop a comment if you have time, and I'll tryy to get back at any c4c requests asap.

Anyways, hope you enjoy "bonesaw slaughterfest"!

I gotta say, some parts of this song sound like lamb of god having a bad day... that's all I have to say. It's not a bad song at all though.
bloodshed344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
paranj

Dude that's pretty much kick ass. The main riff is br00talz as well as catchy. Nice effort!
Old 04-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
frankibo
UG Board King

large portions of this are in 3/4 or 6/8 so i dunno why everything is in 4/4
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankibo
large portions of this are in 3/4 or 6/8 so i dunno why everything is in 4/4

Yep, I was about to comment on this as well.

There are some pretty cool riffs in here, as well as some that are a bit flat.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
DaddyTwoFoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: