|10-20-2011, 09:07 PM||#101|
taking out the trash
Join Date: Jan 2007
I feel like that is one of the greatest defining characteristics that distinguish INTj and INTp. There are others to be sure but that is the most noticeable. INTj are ultimately pragmatic and that means putting their ideals into practice.
Funny you should mention the education system; I feel the same way. I'm working on it. Might be a while. Still hammering out the details.
Seriously though, our current educational system was established in fascist Prussia, it's worked well for the industrial age but today we are in a post-industrial age and our education system is antiquated and ill-equipped to provide the skills necessary to thrive in a society that is changing at a far more rapid pace than ever before.
|10-20-2011, 09:14 PM||#103|
Join Date: Nov 2010
Ripped this off of the INTJ forum. It's a list of famous fictional and non-fictional INTJs:
* Angela Lansbury - actress (Murder, She Wrote)
* Arnold Schwarzenegger - actor, Governor of California
* Arthur Ashe - tennis champion
* Augustus Caesar - Roman Emperor
* C. Everett Koop - former U.S. Surgeon General
* C. S. Lewis - apologist, author (The Chronicles of Narnia)
* Calvin Coolidge - American President
* Charles Rangel - politician, decorated war veteran
* Chester A. Arthur - lawyer, American President
* Chevy Chase - actor, comedian
* Dan Akroyd - actor, comedian, musician
* Donald Rumsfeld - former U.S. Secretary of Defense
* Dwight D. Eisenhower - American President
* Edwin Moses - Olympic gold medalist
* General Colin Powell - former U.S. Secretary of State
* Greg Gumbel - TV sportscaster
* Hannibal Barca - Military Commander
* Ivan Lendl - tennis champion
* James K. Polk - American President
* Jane Austen - author (Pride and Prejudice)
* Joan Lunden - Journalist
* Josephine Tey - English author
* Katie Couric - journalist
* Lance Armstrong - cyclist (seven Tour De France wins)
* Maria Shriver - journalist, wife to Arnold Schwarzenegger
* Martina Navratilova - tennis champion
* Michael Dukakis - former Governor of Massachusetts
* Orel Hershiser - baseball player (pitcher)
* Pernell Roberts - actor, activist
* Peter Jennings - journalist
* Raymond Burr - actor (Perry Mason), vintner
* Rudy Giuliani - former New York City mayor
* Sir Isaac Newton - Astronomer
* Susan B. Anthony - civil rights leader
* Thomas Jefferson - American President
* Veronica Hamel - actress
* William F. Buckley, Jr. - journalist
* William J. Bennett - politician
* Woodrow Wilson - American President
* General Ulysses S. Grant Union general, American President
* Friederich Nietzsche philosopher
* Niels Bohr physicist
* Peter the Great Russian tsar
* Stephen Hawking astrophysicist
* John Maynard Keynes
* Lise Meitner chemist
* Ayn Rand philosopher, author
* John F. Nash Jr. mathematician, game theorist
* Norbert Wiener mathematician, founder of cybernetics
* Nikola Tesla physicist, engineer, inventor
* Glenn Gould Canadian pianist and composer
* Stanley Kubrick film director (2001: A Space Odyssey)
* Jean-Paul Sartre philosopher
* Erik Satie composer, pianist
* Helmuth von Moltke German military general
* Isaac Asimov biochemist, science-fiction author (I Robot)
* Theodore Kaczynski infamous Unabomber
* Lewis Carroll author, logician, mathematician
* Franz Kafka author
* Calvin Calvin and Hobbes
* Cassius The Tragedy of Julius Caesar
* Clarice Starling - Silence of the Lambs
* Batman Batman Begins
* Dexter Dexters Laboratory
* Dr. Jonathan Crane - Batman Begins
* Dr. Otto Octavius (Doc Ock) - Spiderman 2
* Ellen Ripley - Alien
* Ensign Ro Laren - Star Trek: The Next Generation
* Ernst Stavro Blofeld - James Bond
* Gandalf - Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit
* George Smiley - John Le Carr character
* Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs
* Jigsaw Saw films
* Marsellus Wallace - Pulp Fiction
* Michael Corleone - Godfather
* Mr. Burns - The Simpsons
* Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice
* O-Ren Ishii - Kill Bill Vol. 1
* Phileas Fogg Around the World in Eight Days (novel and film adaptations)
* Professor Moriarty - Sherlock Holmes antagonist
* Sherlock Holmes
* Reed Richards the Fantastic Four
* Stewie Griffin - Family Guy
* Tom Hagen Godfather
* V - V for Vendetta
* Vicious - Cowboy Bebop
* Victor von Frankenstein
* Vito Corleone Godfather
* Willy Wonka Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Some of my favorite people to ever live are on this list, so I am happy.
◦ A SIGNATURE. ◦
|10-20-2011, 09:16 PM||#104|
Whoomit's campaign dude
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On the campaign trail
|10-20-2011, 09:37 PM||#105|
Six Foot Twenty
Join Date: Oct 2008
Can't be arsed to take it at the moment, but I score INFP almost every time. I've gotten INTP twice, but INFP is a much closer fit. Master race.
|10-20-2011, 10:02 PM||#107|
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The shire
seems about right!
A metal band?
Gear:My other amp can run Crysis
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ >
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab
|10-21-2011, 07:53 AM||#108|
UG's Classical Guitarist
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Got the same result 3 years ago too
Listen to me play Classical Guitar!
It's worth it
|10-21-2011, 08:36 AM||#109|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes
Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!
It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
|10-21-2011, 09:47 AM||#110|
King of two things...
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Clearwater, FL
slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
moderately expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed judging personality
|10-21-2011, 10:42 AM||#111|
Join Date: Jan 2010
Some years ago, our chief at the time apparently became fascinated with the Myers-Briggs tests and suggested that we department members take same. It was being offered by some group here at the university.
I had no experience with the thing so I did some research, turning to my first go-to source, the Skeptic's Dictionary site.
The article was not complementary.
In essence, it compared Myers-Briggs to astrology. The descriptions given for the various "personality types" are so broadly written and vague that nearly anyone can read anything he/she likes into each reading.
(for the record, astrology is psuedoscientific nonsense)
I was not impressed, and sent a copy of the article to the chief. Nothing more was said.
|10-21-2011, 10:46 AM||#112|
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm not taking this again, but I've always gotten INFP.
edit: I just read the description on personalitypage.com. Holy crap that is 100% me. Except for this:
Last edited by guitarxo : 10-21-2011 at 11:01 AM.
|10-21-2011, 11:34 AM||#114|
Join Date: Dec 2007
Very expressed introvert
Slightly expressed intuitive personality
Very expressed thinking personality
Moderately expressed judging personality
|10-21-2011, 12:03 PM||#115|
Join Date: Jul 2008
Moving slowly towards ENTP
|10-21-2011, 12:16 PM||#116|
winning love by daylight~
Join Date: Jun 2006
Sensing: 38 %
Thinking: 1 % (something's funky here...)
Elvis Stojko (figure skater Olympic champion)
|10-21-2011, 12:34 PM||#117|
I'll wank you, you dick.
Join Date: Jun 2008
So your mind works like Bruce Willis' mind?
You won't even know when you're dead.
They made me do push ups in drag
I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.
Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.
I'm a firework, primed to go off
|10-21-2011, 01:11 PM||#119|
on a coconut estate
Join Date: Jun 2007
I'm an INTP, but my girlfriend is an INFJ. This causes a lot of strife between us, because when she expects to be emotionally comforted I'm trying to analyze the situation, which just makes her feel like I don't care about her feelings, sometimes. But somehow our opposite natures work well together, once we learn to deal with situations like that. We compliment each other very well. Her emotion in substitute for my purely analytical outlook, and my analyzation in substitute for her emotional based conclusions. Were a pretty unbeatable team.
Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs
|10-21-2011, 02:42 PM||#120|
UG Board King
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Egyptian in Kuwait
Michael Jordan was ENFJ too.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY
ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY
Gear: JACKSON RR3
Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
|Thread Tools||Rate This Thread|