Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #1
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

New Rule: READ THIS TODAY! (or I might close your thread!)

We are going to be trying a new rule for titling your threads. This was a suggestion in the site feedback forum, basicly it involves you giving some info on your cover. If the cover is only you or your band playing, you need to let us know that. Some ways to do this would be indicating "Band Cover" or "No Backing Track" or just "No BT" in your title. Putting it in your first post is acceptable, but the title is preferable. The other option is if you are using a backing track or playalong of some sort, and this includes playing along with the original recording. You cannot post playing with the original recording on your UG profile because you cannot post copyrighted material on your profile. Some ways to indicate this would be "Playing with song," "Playalong," "With Backing Track," or "With BT." Once again, putting in the title is prefered.

The idea is to give potential listeners an idea of what they are getting in to. This will help you get more listens from people who are interested in your song.

So try it today!

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
gallagher2006
UG Addict

Good idea
Old 01-30-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Blade of Fire

Question. I have a video of me playing the Four Horsemen by Metallica. I'm playing it agaist the record, and I wanted to know if I can still post it for some feedback even tho I'm playing with the original version and not the backing track.

Douglas WRL 590 Floyd
Epiphone Les Paul spical II
Modded strat

Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey Vyper

MXR Carbon Copy
Thomas Organ Co. Crybaby
Digitech
Blade of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
TearMeDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade of Fire
Question. I have a video of me playing the Four Horsemen by Metallica. I'm playing it agaist the record, and I wanted to know if I can still post it for some feedback even tho I'm playing with the original version and not the backing track.

if its a video its fine, they're only talking about posting copyrighted material on your UG profile. its youtubes problem not theirs XD
TearMeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
xexe2428

I made a cover song for Introducing Me by Nick Jonas. its pretty funny actually((:
xexe2428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
caw1
have guitar will travel

Can I post a poll for which song I will cover next?

FB https://www.facebook.com/cody.whited.5
YT http://www.youtube.com/user/codyawhited
caw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
LowBstring

i have only one post up,and is a song for guitar only so it needs no backing track, is it cool if i leave the name as it is?of course i will remember the rule for future post..
LowBstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #8
LowBstring

Hummh question...how do i change the name of my post?
LowBstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
jof1029
GO HOKIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw1
Can I post a poll for which song I will cover next?

i would prefer you did not, but if you edit the post to include the cover within a reasonable ammount of time, i probably wont get too upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBstring
Hummh question...how do i change the name of my post?
you cant.

that said, its not like we actively look to close people's threads for bad titles. its more of a highly recommended suggestion than a strict rule.

I have donated 3920 grains of rice!
jof1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #10
caw1
have guitar will travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029
i would prefer you did not, but if you edit the post to include the cover within a reasonable ammount of time, i probably wont get too upset.

In my mind I thought that 24 hours (with 12 hours being the limit on voting) to complete. I was even thinking of preshooting three videos/songs prior to the vote but then the vote would be pointless.

FB https://www.facebook.com/cody.whited.5
YT http://www.youtube.com/user/codyawhited
caw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
MLazyscientist

http://www.youtube.com/user/MLazyscientist

Metalcore Hd Covers ( Pod X3 Live And M-audio Profire-610 ! Check This Out Please ! Share and Suscribe If You Liked

Playing with song !

Last edited by MLazyscientist : 12-26-2011 at 06:53 PM.
MLazyscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #12
panhead201
UG Senior Member

posting what may be the stupidest question ever. what about posting an obvious copy?Mustang Sally,Wilson Pickett.And also posting your own copywritten stuff?Where would you post both/either? panhead201
panhead201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #13
panhead201
UG Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jof1029
We are going to be trying a new rule for titling your threads. This was a suggestion in the site feedback forum, basicly it involves you giving some info on your cover. If the cover is only you or your band playing, you need to let us know that. Some ways to do this would be indicating "Band Cover" or "No Backing Track" or just "No BT" in your title. Putting it in your first post is acceptable, but the title is preferable. The other option is if you are using a backing track or playalong of some sort, and this includes playing along with the original recording. You cannot post playing with the original recording on your UG profile because you cannot post copyrighted material on your profile. Some ways to indicate this would be "Playing with song," "Playalong," "With Backing Track," or "With BT." Once again, putting in the title is prefered.

The idea is to give potential listeners an idea of what they are getting in to. This will help you get more listens from people who are interested in your song.

So try it today!

Hi,I'm assuming your the moderator of this thread and I just posted an incredibly stupid question,but I am serious.panhead201
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
L2112Lif
UG Board King

? If you're posting an original recording, it goes into the original recordings section. If you're posting a cover, it goes into the covers subforum. If you're posting copyrighted music you have no rights to (READ: Music you didn't perform), then you'll probably be banned.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/NSattelites

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/l2112lif

Bandcamp: tfmonkey.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by L2112Lif : 03-31-2012 at 12:21 AM.
L2112Lif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
panhead201
UG Senior Member

I did all the tracks on all the recordings,except female backup,I did all the tracks on my own c-righted stuff,just don't wanna confuse anything and give anybody the wrong imp/Some kid asked me for blues improv help.he kinda surprised me when he asked me what songs to play.I'll figure it out,thanks for the advice.panhead201
Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
panhead201
UG Senior Member

Thanks for the info,its a big help.panhead201
[68 Goldtop,lefty
[06 Schecter C-! Classic,,lefty
[28 National resonator
[Mesa triple rec Marshall "A"cab
["B"cab,4-12 Mesa,s
[Mesa Nomad 45,4-10,s,combo
[ 64 Gibson-ES-330-TDC
Old 05-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
seanjtysoe

I have a youtube chanel where I am now doing covers. am I allowed to post a link to it here? I play along with the actual recordings so would that be considered copyright enfringement?
seanjtysoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
OtherGuy
Wengerball.

How kindly does UG take to electronic remixes? Am I allowed to post them here?
OtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: