Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #1
Rokkstar

"A Time For Changing EP" [*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid][Pop Rock][Crit4Crit] (And more...)

IMPORTANT! If you like my material, please go "Like" my Facebook fan page to keep updated with my music and to receive immediate updates when tracks are out. This will also help me see how many people like my music... Thanks

This is the complete EP that my pop rock group will be releasing relatively soon. We're going in to record the first song Feb 12. We should have the master by Feb 16. The song should be up by Feb 17. (Under the Moon). Tell me what you think. Crit4Crit. THE ZIP FILE IS THE EP GUYS!

UPDATE! April 5, 2012
Under the Moon (acoustic): http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1529698

Please definitely check out the acoustic recording of Under the Moon! Leave feedback on YouTube for the video directly, please. The tabs, leave here. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip [Standard Edition].zip (83.6 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by Rokkstar : 04-05-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Erra93
erriuyai

I'm confused, which ones in the zip file are for the EP and which are random unfinished stuff?

Also: I love your works, you sure write some great stuff!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

I only listened to "I Have A Dream" and I'm not sure what the rest of your songs are like but this one seemed to have a slight punk rock sound to it (not really my thing), but with a more mature sound, the occasional break here and there, and it helped to mix things up, so I don't have any major problems there.

One complaint I will mention is that the vocals seem to be a little to continuous. The melodies are fine but I feel like there should be a few more rests. The solo was a nice addition, as well as the piano break after it - I'm starting to imagine this is what better pop rock sounds like. I want to know how verse 3 sounds with the vocals but yeah, good work overall.

C4C Please?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1516733
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
intothe

I feel more of a pop punk vibe than a pop rock on most of the tracks to be honest! Nonetheless, great job, I haven't listened to the entire thing but it's very consistent in the song-writing so far!
intothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
MobiuZ

Hey , i listened to No Matter what Happens

first of id suggest naming your sections so its a lot easier for people to crit since they can say i liked verse 1 or chorus 2 or etc.

I liked the intro , had a nice soothing thing about it

love the part where the drums come in , allthough i imagined different drums with it its still good and expands on the intro

after that the piano is nice again allthough it cinda pulls you out of the groove and sort of starts over again but i quess its a verse so it works anyway.

the chorus again ( at least i think its a chorus ) is still good the second time .

wait what .... thats it ..... song ends ? ... really ?

it feels like you only have about 1/4 of a song and i think you should introduce a new section where you stopped and build on from there

anyway as it is right now id give it an 8/10 for the individual sections that go together really well , but as a song id give it a 5/10 cuz it doesnt feel like a full/finished song.

Can you crit In Flanders Fields for me its in my sig and you can download the mp3 if you dont have gp 6.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Rokkstar

Just returned your crits guys! Sorry about the latency. I get to where I only visit when I post new tracks. Therefore directly failing at life and returning crits when I post the new tracks... :|
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
Rokkstar

UPDATE: Added this to the original post:

Quote:
UPDATE! April 5, 2012
Under the Moon (acoustic): http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1529698

Please definitely check out the acoustic recording of Under the Moon! Leave feedback on YouTube for the video directly, please. The tabs, leave here. Thanks.

Rate This Thread: