Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #221
Adrien_GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guodlca
Does it require some time to start liking gp6? Because right now, all I see is cons, the only good thing I noticed so far is the slap and pop on the bass. The drums sound terrible compared to gp5, there's no wahwah for RSE, palm mutes aren't really palm mutes. Or am I doing something wrong? How could I obtain the same drum sound as the drums in gp5 have? At least approximately.

Hi,

Actually a wah-wah is available in the editing panel (note pictogram). Palm mute effect can be configured (from let ring to dead notes) thank to a dedicated tool in the instrument panel (guitar pictogram).

As well, it is possible to load a GP5 drum built-in preset in GP6. Go to the amp panel and then select in the preset list: "load built in preset" > "GP5" > "Drums tones".

Last thing, don't forget to use EQ and effect chain to work on the sound rendering.

Hope this helps.
Adrien_GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #222
Adrien_GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Laddio
I bought a mac recently and since I couldn't find a torrent for GP5, and I hate it. I find the interface isn't as friendly as gp5, although the sounds do sound better. But I was happy in gp5 just having distorted guitar, overdriven guitar and acoustic guitar.
GP6 makes it alot harder to copy and paste stuff across tracks, for some reason it adds the bars in that I copied again rather than just pasting the notes into empty bars. Furthermore i have problems with changing guitar sounds and tempos halfway through songs, it's just a bitch to do.
Is there anyway of getting a GP5 for mac that doesn't crash, because I don't want to use GP6 anymore, it gets under my skin every time I use it.

Hello,

I suggest you to look at some tutorial ressources like "GuitarPro6Tutorials" Youtube channel.

Automations tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utye...25&feature=plcp. Transposition tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5N0...28&feature=plcp.

You can also find 30 tutorials made by David Wallimann on our website: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index....deos-guitar-pro

Please feel free to contact us on the support for any further problem regarding GP6: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #223
Hive_Node

Much love for all the people making pro tabs. I would never have the patience for it.
Hive_Node is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #224
darkblackpoison
Cufko

I had some problems in GP5 when using RSE, the sound was often delayed and everything sounded awful. No such problem in GP6. You can also adjust the sound settings for each track. I like that.
But you cannot save a file in gp5 or any other guitar pro format. only gpx.

>>>ORGASM<<<
darkblackpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #225
killergege

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkblackpoison
But you cannot save a file in gp5 or any other guitar pro format. only gpx.

You can save as gp5, just use the "export" feature in the "file" menu.
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:12 AM   #226
Adrien_GP

@darkblackpoison: as Killergege says, just go to the "file" menu > "export" and then select ".gp5". By the way, which version of GP6 are you running at the moment? If necessary, update your version:

- on win/lin: "help" menu > launch updater
- on mac: "guitar pro" menu > launch updater

If you're encountering a problem in the process, feel free to contact us here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact
Old 04-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #227
darkblackpoison
Cufko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrien_GP
@darkblackpoison: as Killergege says, just go to the "file" menu > "export" and then select ".gp5". By the way, which version of GP6 are you running at the moment? If necessary, update your version:

- on win/lin: "help" menu > launch updater
- on mac: "guitar pro" menu > launch updater

If you're encountering a problem in the process, feel free to contact us here: http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=contact

Wow thanks for that GP5 format thingy

And it says my launcher is updated, thanks

>>>ORGASM<<<
darkblackpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #228
ragnarr023

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian89
if anyone found any torrent or working unlimited serial . PLEASE post it here ,

Rather download the trial version and see if you like it. Try to support the makers of the software and not download it illegally.
ragnarr023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:13 AM   #229
fanapathy
B-Tuned

RSE2 is really good. The drums are awesome. I really like gp6 for tabbing guitar, not so much synths or drums really.

Last edited by fanapathy : 11-07-2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Removed obsolete attachment
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #230
jonathan.keeler

i got the trial for GP6 some time ago and it looked ... well, okay. the only major floor that stopped me getting it (and why im still using GP5) was that there were no drum tabs. for example, i know that for the bass drum i have 36 and 35, the snares are on 37 38 40, i have all the cymbles on 42 44 46 49 51 52 53 55 57 59 an all the toms. i know these so well that i dont think about them when im tabbing up drums. i found the drumming tedious on GP6.

i dont know if im missing something and if anyone can tell me a way to use drum tab on GP6 then i will probably switch.
jonathan.keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #231
Chapal Puteh

I have guitar pro 5 , then my old tab that i create ownself cannot fit with RSE(not generate RSE if i click on RSE UI) , but when i download any new tab , the RSE generate goodly . .. how can be this ?
Chapal Puteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #232
sickness.ch

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am at the right place for this question, but let's have a try !

Does anyeone know how to tab a bass drop with Guitar Pro 6 ? I know some guys had good results with GP5 but I couldn't manage to make a descent bass drop with GP6.

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !
sickness.ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #233
atira

Hi,

I'm sure others had this problem too: certain components of drum soundbanks sound very quiet or completely inaudible (specially toms).
Has anyone found a good solution?
I've read something about reverting back to old soundbanks (before some update) or something like that.
atira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #234
metalmania99

I hope someone can reply to this... Is there a way to make the tabs appear on the sheet in GP6? I double clicked any instrument timeline and a small window pops up but it won't let me change/edit the staves to tablature or slash, it's stuck on standard, please how can I fix this.

Regards.
metalmania99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:36 AM   #235
animus6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaa Haaa0
Would anybody know how to insert a triplet into a polyrhythmic peice? Like so:

|------6:4-----|
q q q e e e q q
......|-3-|

Sorry for the periods, needed for it to look right...ignore them.

I'm having the same problem. I did some looking, I know there is probably a thread somewhere that addresses this but I couldn't find it in a reasonable amount of time. Trying to tab a poly-rhythm within a poly-rhythm is a pain in the pooper. I tried doing some math to make things work, and I end up with a disgusting mess of tied notes and outrageous ratios. What brought me here is bars 98 & 99 (or there around) in Zappa's Deathless Horsie, Vai transcriptions. It contains a 10:8, 6:4, 5:4 all grouped in a 3:4 (quarter notes). I ended up using 30:32 making all notes into 32 and using some double dotting in the 6tuplet group. Its ugly and confusing but I can hear the difference in the timing and I want to make it right. Obviously I know how it should sound and I should just insert a note about the timing. But I want to use this to trade some of my original ideas with friends quickly before I take the time to record them etc. and this will then pose a problem.

So long story short, poly-rhythms in poly-rhythms? HOW?

Last edited by animus6 : 08-25-2012 at 02:38 AM.
animus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #236
Jay McAllister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken
Hi, I bought guitar pro 6 and I am having trouble with it. I have searched google and it seems like nobody else is having this problem.

How do I specify the number of bars I want when I am setting up the score sheet? At the moment I have been laboriously inserting bars ONE AT A TIME which takes too long.

Also when I insert a bar, tab it, then insert another bar it appears before the bar I just tabbed. How do I change the settings so it gets inserted after.

I know these are basic questions, but if anyone out there has an answer I would be grateful.

I think to add a bar all you have to do is tap the arrow button -> on your keyboard. Tap it as many times as you like for the number of bars you want.
Jay McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #237
fanapathy
B-Tuned

Hi,

I'm posting to express some frustration with exporting to .gp5
This works really poorly in general and in my experience, if trying to open the result in GP5 it crashes a lot of the time and the soundbanks for most instruments get reset to the default.
Volume variations or otherwise soundbank changes seem to have huge problems.

A lot of people prefer gp5 or don't have gp6 and I'd like to make some tabs more available because of that.

That's only about half of them. If I try to open the result, it just crashes right away and I'll have to terminate GP5 with task manager.

Really hope Arobas improves this or otherwise makes GPX readable for open source developers like tuxguitar. The software is otherwise really damn good
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #238
killergege

I already discussed opening gpx in tuxguitar few months / years ago and it should work (don't know if it has been released, maybe in a nightly build version).

If you have any problem with the software, I suggest that you submit your file to the support to allow them to check what's wrong and correct it. You can also have support for your issues on http://getsatisfaction.guitar-pro.com/arobas_music/

I agree that there should not be so many errors when exporting. I exported a lot of gpx to gp5 and never had any issue like this.
killergege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #239
fanapathy
B-Tuned

I'll try installing TG on my Ubuntu (I'm not really a linux user) and see if I can open any of them. Cool, thank you for that. It's generally with a lot of automations and soundbank changes the errors happen I think. I haven't had issues with typical 4-5 track tabs that don't have any "extras"

Edit: I did get tuxguitar and investigated a bit. As the default software hasn't been updated in 2-3 years, it does not read .gpx
The author has however written a lot of code for gpx, others have reported it working with subversions and another dude has made a plugin as well. I have no idea what do with linux files and how to execute these custom versions so can't really confirm it. And gp6 trial version doesn't allow you to open files either as far as I know. It sucks because it limits who can use your tabs a lot. I use gp6 only for tabbing, and it's just because of the awesome soundbanks really. It's just a bit sad to get PMs when someone wants a tab and I can't convert it. Also contacted the guy who runs tab-exporter.com (converts lots of gpx decently but not all), hopefully he can make things work

Last edited by fanapathy : 11-13-2012 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 AM   #240
takachan

A lot of people have complaints about the piano, trumpets, and other non guitar instruments. I was just wondering, couldn't you just open the instrument as guitar and then switch the sound to piano or something else, or am I missing something?
takachan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: