Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
Rokkstar

"Denial" [Metalcore/Other][*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid][Crit4Crit]

IMPORTANT! If you like my material, please go "Like" my Facebook fan page to keep updated with my music and to receive immediate updates when tracks are out. This will also help me see how many people like my music... Thanks

Hey there guys. It's been a while. I don't really post music like I used to... I'm thinking about opening up a website to host all of my Guitar Pro files... Who would think that would be cool? Maybe I could open up a website for like "OUR" GP files. Kinda like a YouTube for Guitar Pro files...? That'd be pretty cool. :3 Oh well. I'm not sure... That's for later talking.

I don't really post music like I used to, like I said... But when I do... I like to derp. So here you go! Herpin' and derpin'. But not berpin' cuz that'd be rude. DENIAL and CLOSE-EYED LANDSCAPES from the soon to be new compilation, "Before the Collapse of My Mind and My Spirit."

Enjoy. Crit4Crit YO!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Denial.zip (29.8 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by Rokkstar : 02-21-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Thanks for the crit, listened to Denial:

I'm not really a metalcore fan but this had a few differences to the 'genericore' most people are familiar with. As you may have guessed, I'm a sucker for a bit of Rhodes, so I thought that was anice touch and it worked really well.

I wasn't too keen on the style of the vocals (except for the intro part) but I guess it works for the song and that's just taste. On a similar note I thought "sick and nasty" was pretty good for the song but I'm not sure that amount of bending is going to be fun, lol.

The long section around the solo with that strange time sig stuff going on - not sure why you didn't have it in 4/4 but the actual music is probably my favourite part of the song so I wont bash .

"In other words..." was probably equally good and the last part was a nice outro for the songs so I don't really have any problems with that section either.

Overall, it's a good piece, just a few things that don't float my boat tbh. Don't feel obliged to change anything, but don't be afraid to either I guess.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
MobiuZ

hey man thx a lot for your crit , returning the favor.

i listened to cross eyed landscape

Intro
Very nice sets a good mood and the melodys that come in are good aswell , epsacially when the lead comes in allthough bar 14 is cinda bland and a little off imo

bar 20 is good aswell allthough its sounds a little to full if because of all the instruments/dynamics , but its not bad , outro nice and ties it up well.

drums are cind of interesting with the fast bass drum , but a little to many crashes wich takes away from the variation. anyway good stuff a little short but it works for this song !

8/10

o and btw what does ~~~ mean ? :P you critted it in flanders fields but i dont know what u mean with that :P

Last edited by MobiuZ : 02-21-2012 at 07:39 PM.
MobiuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
Jonathan Trejo
ZeBlaZeD

[06] Close-Eyed Landscapes
^
very sad music you got there. I played it in my studio and it sounds great.

Made a little demo if u wanna hear

http://minus.com/mbn2Cx665l#

You should think about recording your songs you got some skillz xD

My Library
Jonathan Trejo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: