Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
Beorune
Astrofizix Pwnzor

Poor man's short scale bass

So, I played a Bronco at my local shop and all I can say is, I like me some short scale. The only problem I have is that I'm poor and can't buy one. I have a 34" scale Squier P-bass and I'm hoping that I could put a Bronco neck on it, maybe move the bridge if necessary, and make a short scale P-bass. Could this Franken-bass idea actually work?
Beorune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
Ziphoblat
Bass

I think SX do a short scale Bronco-esque instrument, might be a better alternative to ****ing with your Squier if you're in the States.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
Beorune
Astrofizix Pwnzor

That's actually my plan B. I was just thinking a Bronco neck + small adjustments = less $$ and achieves the same goal. I don't really have space for another guitar, so I was hoping to just tweak the one I've got.

Edit: My Squier came from a pawn shop, beat all to hell. I don't mind messing with it.

Last edited by Beorune : 10-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Beorune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #4
Tostitos
Barely Awake

A short-scale SX would be a good option. If you liked the Bronco, look for a used Bronco. You could probably score one for $80 or so, and you're much more likely to find a used Bronco for sale than just a Bronco neck for sale.

Spector and Markbass

DeviantART
Crevado
Tostitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #5
_ThePanda_
Noob of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tostitos
A short-scale SX would be a good option. If you liked the Bronco, look for a used Bronco. You could probably score one for $80 or so, and you're much more likely to find a used Bronco for sale than just a Bronco neck for sale.

^That

Or if you can stretch it, you can try to find a Squier VM Jag SS for $100-150. They're not that bad.
_ThePanda_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
skippy_moogoose
30 Rhythm Points...O yeah

Not bad at all, I have a Fender Mustang and the SS Squire Jag, both sound totally different, and I'd say the Jag has the faster neck, Im gonna turn it into a piccolo bass me thinks....and replace the pu's...the jazz one is pretty reedy, put the p style one has some donk
skippy_moogoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: