Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
kohit7

which high end guitar to choose?

So im in need of my first high end guitar, none of that cheap stuff under 600 dollars. My main playing stlye is death metal so of coarse im looking at the jackson/ibanez/schecter area.

1. Jackson soloist SL2

2. Jackson rr24

3. strictly seven ola englund sig

I'm really fond of the ola englund. i was just wondering what would the best bang for my buck be? what tonal advantages will i get? Which one do you think will play better.
kohit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:20 AM   #2
kohit7

geez my 4chan post hit it off better than this
kohit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
VVolverin3
Caparison Enthusiast

Location: Australia FTW Club, PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join
relax man, this forum is always pretty quiet around this time.

I'd love to help but honestly I don't think I've played any of those guitars before. Maybe the RR24 though - I played a high end RR at one point, very nice axe. My vote would be for the Strictly 7 though, cause it looks awesome. But yeah I'm sure it'd be a pretty safe bet with any of them.

What kind of gear do you have at the moment? One of the key differences between the S7 and Jacksons would be the longer neck scale on the S7. Could help if you play in lower tunings.
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
VVolverin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

Any guitar in the $1500+ price range (and there ar w lot of them) should be of comparable quality. Which one makes you tingle in your underpants? If its the S7, it's likely that no other guitar will do, even if it's "better."

Hell- I know someone who could do you a custom guitar for less than one of those Jacksons, but it wouldn't be the same as one...or the S7, for that matter.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 10-04-2012 at 04:34 AM.
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #5
PrimitiveGuitar
Chur

Its personal preference, Play 'em, If you like it buy it.
ESP LTD H-308 (Ironing board with strings)

"A great man once said; "a great man once said""

Extend your range....7s 8s and more
PrimitiveGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #6
stonyman65
Unregistered User

All 3 are great choices, I wouldn't worry about what is "best" because they are all on the same level of quality.

There isn't going to be much of a difference between the SL2 and the RR24 besides the body shape - everything else is pretty much identical otherwise.

The Ola signature is the wild card here - I would assume you are looking at the 7-string version, so you will have to decide of that extra string (or extended scale on the 6) is something you want - neither the SL2 or RR24 has that option.

Another thing to remember is that the Ola sig is built to Ola's specs, the Jackson's are just standard Jackson spec. Unless you know you like how the Ola sig sounds and feels/plays, you are probably going to have a better chance with the SL2 or RR24 because S7G are kind of hard to come by.

All of that being said, the same holds true here for every other gear decision - play them all and buy the one you like best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
stonyman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 AM   #7
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

You do realise you could spec out your own Strictly Seven guitar for the same or less than the Ola signature don't you?

Check out MartrixClaws Soloist he has for sale, it's an incredible guitar and he is an awesome guy.
Tom 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 AM   #8
Sakke
Miika Tenkula Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 1.0
You do realise you could spec out your own Strictly Seven guitar for the same or less than the Ola signature don't you?

Check out MartrixClaws Soloist he has for sale, it's an incredible guitar and he is an awesome guy.

This.
Or you could get a Mayones Regius for pretty much the same price as SL2 (brand new of course). Setius would be even cheaper. Just giving you options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke : 10-04-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Sakke is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: