Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #12001
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
My gut reaction would be to say yes and be in a relationship with her again...but what I think will be best is to see if she knows what she's feeling at that point is what she wants. I also want to make sure both of us will have our lives on track by that point. We've had some issues and things that needed to be fixed in our lives, so if those aren't fixed, or at least better, then I don't think I'd be able to go back with her.

Honestly, though, I don't know what I'll do if that happens.

Which is fine. It wasnt a trick question or anything. If anything, it's a great sign that you dont know because you're willing to see what happens and go with the flow instead of hoping she comes back or being determined to stonewall her if she does.

The absolute most important part of this is to take some time to reflect on what you learned, how you grew as a person, and apply that learning experience and knowledge you gained in other areas of your life. I think you'll be just fine with time, but please do reflect and think about how you're a better, more mature and developed person as a result.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #12002
ItsOnlyGNR
Unregistered User

So I met this girl through a couple of friends my first weekend here at college. We've seen each other and talked a bit since then, but we never really spent time with each other until this music festival this past weekend. When we parted ways, she told me to text her, but the thing is, I didn't have her number.... A couple days later I asked her for it over twitter... Now, this is always where I don't really know how to proceed... Should I just text her, avoid beating around the bush and just ask her out sometime? Or should I chat her up first?

You can call me:
C.J.
Curt
Curtis
ItsOnlyGNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #12003
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
Which is fine. It wasnt a trick question or anything. If anything, it's a great sign that you dont know because you're willing to see what happens and go with the flow instead of hoping she comes back or being determined to stonewall her if she does.

The absolute most important part of this is to take some time to reflect on what you learned, how you grew as a person, and apply that learning experience and knowledge you gained in other areas of your life. I think you'll be just fine with time, but please do reflect and think about how you're a better, more mature and developed person as a result.

I've been doing a lot of thinking. I did sort of break yesterday after we sad goodbye and call her to talk to her again, but it was because I finally came out about my religious beliefs to my family, and that was something that me and her had to do in our families that we'd talk a lot about. After that, though, it felt like we had proper closure.

I've been reflecting on the past 2 years and realized how much she's helped me and I've helped her. So, if anything I can be happy knowing we made differences in each other's lives.

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #12004
Våd Hamster
brzrkr

Location: My milkshake brings all the tards to the yard and they're like GHRBHBFLGFGAHRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOnlyGNR
Should I just text her, avoid beating around the bush and just ask her out sometime? Or should I chat her up first?

Gotta pass through the midfield before you can make a goal, chap

She seems interested though, so I'd say your chances are good- but I'd still get a conversation flow going before springing it on her

Våd Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #12005
ItsOnlyGNR
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Våd Hamster
Gotta pass through the midfield before you can make a goal, chap

She seems interested though, so I'd say your chances are good- but I'd still get a conversation flow going before springing it on her

Alright, I'll figure it out... I should just stick with the smallest of small talk, would you agree?

And I got another situation, another girl for ya'll haha i'm in college don't judge me...

So I work with this girl who is a fiiiiinnee specimen. We work together 2 days a week. First time we interacted was like 4 weeks ago. I've never really said a whole lot to her, but every short conversation I've had with her has been flirty, cocky, etc. You know, the way girls like it. I always catch her smiling at whatever I say. Although, the thing is, we never really knew each other's names or anything. Now, the last couple times I've worked with her, I haven't really said a whole lot to her. But, I saw her at the college rec center today, so I took that as a sign that maybe I should continue trying to progress bit by bit with her. So I approached her on the treadmill, which usually people are not very willing to talk while they are on one, and I motioned to her to take out her headphones... And she did so very willingly and with a smile. Good sign. The conversation went kind of like this:

Me: Hey, we work together don't we?
Her: Yes we do
Me: That's what I thought, it took me a minute to realize it was you. What's you're name again?
Her: Brittany
me: Brittany, I'm C.J. (I honestly doubt she caught my name, it was kind of loud and I moved onto the next part of the conversation pretty fast.)
Me: You work Saturdays right?
Her: Not anymore, I changed my schedule.
Me: Why'd you do that?
*Right here I got to start talking a lot, and we flirted a bit. I then told her I'd see her next Thursday*

Now, I don't really know how to get from flirting with her at work to getting her number and hanging out with her. We aren't supposed to use our phones at all during work, so it could be kind of hard to get her number from her. Suggestions? Ideas? Advice? Thanks!

You can call me:
C.J.
Curt
Curtis
ItsOnlyGNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #12006
NecroticSoldier

I've been with my girlfriend for 3 months now, and we've both dated before.

During the summer it was perfect, we just played online games and stuff and nothing ever came up, we got along perfectly.

Of course I had the odd jealousy come in here and there... but nothing that extreme. Recently, ever since school started, a lot more stress has been coming into my life. And unfortunately, my jealousy episodes has been really out of hand. I always just wanted her to play games with me, and didn't let her play with her guy friends. Her guy friends got mad at her... She was really depressed and pressured. And when she played with them and not me, I'd have horrible depression phases...

So that... plus me raging at games, and getting mad about every little mistake...

Yesterday she said it hurt too much, and that she needed a break. She said that I could try to get her back, only if I change. She said she'll wait for me. She said she will give me as much time as I need, but only if she doesn't find "true" love first.

So I am working on my jealousy and in game anger. So far, my jealousy has been way better, and my in game anger is better also.

But this is only the first day, I want to make sure it doesn't come up again.

I know humans don't really change much, or can't change spontaneously... but should I try? Can I even do such a task?

You can call me an asshole or whatever that you might come up with, but truthfully, that's what I am, I feel so horrible for letting it out of control.

She loves me in real life, and we connect so well in real life, with no conflicts. But online, during school, it all changed.

Please help me, I will try my best!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #12007
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone

I do believe that people can change, mostly in the fact that I used to be a total asshole.
Not in relationships, just in general.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #12008
willT08
Banned

The fuck I don't even...
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #12009
OVER9000VIDEOS
that ain't falco

im always open to listening to my girlfriend's problems, like if she had a bad day or there was drama or something and she wants to vent

but some of the shit she whines about sometimes is just so f*cking insignificant and stupid and sometimes she's just absolutely blatantly WRONG and being a gay gossip queen fgt

my question is: when she does this, wat do?

just kinda nod my head @ all the dumb shit?

or tell her to grow the fack up?

OVER9000VIDEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #12010
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Nod your head.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #12011
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Yeah, I've learned not to completely count on anything as a sure thing, but I'll set my expectations at not failing horribly and getting to know each other, and hopefully breaking past that awkward flirty talk we've been doing. That said, I won't pass up any opportunity to make a move.

lol, we literally met two days ago for the first time in the middle of a class while the class was doing a group activity (the kind where the prof designs it to be chaotic and let everyone figure it out) and we were just sitting near the outside of a large clump of bodies talking on and off trying to pretend we were still participating. It was kinda hilarious because to the few people around us it was completely obvious what was going on.

I don't need any advice, I just haven't been this excited about something like this for a little while. Also so jambi has something positive to look at.

Was this aimed at me? I've no idea who you are

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #12012
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
Yeah, I've learned not to completely count on anything as a sure thing, but I'll set my expectations at not failing horribly and getting to know each other, and hopefully breaking past that awkward flirty talk we've been doing. That said, I won't pass up any opportunity to make a move.

lol, we literally met two days ago for the first time in the middle of a class while the class was doing a group activity (the kind where the prof designs it to be chaotic and let everyone figure it out) and we were just sitting near the outside of a large clump of bodies talking on and off trying to pretend we were still participating. It was kinda hilarious because to the few people around us it was completely obvious what was going on.

I don't need any advice, I just haven't been this excited about something like this for a little while. Also so jambi has something positive to look at.

Date went pretty darn well. We got coffee, took a walk to and sat on a moonlit beach and made out a bit.

I just sense some slight issues with an ex. I know she really wants me right now (somehow I always end up in reluctant power over relationships), and I really could like her (I kinda want to date a person slightly nerdier than me; ex: she writes original sci-fi/fantasy fiction). So I think I just need to work things a little slower, at least physically, for the time being.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #12013
Våd Hamster
brzrkr

Location: My milkshake brings all the tards to the yard and they're like GHRBHBFLGFGAHRL
Never take old meat over fresh

Våd Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #12014
Tanglewoodguit
Let me introduce to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Well, catch yourself before you **** up next time.

I agree with this.

My last ex, I freaking adored that girl. Things got serious a few months in and I got cold feet. Well, I thought I did. As I had never been in any sort of medium/long term relationship, I had feelings of CRAP, COMMITMENT and ended it. But at the time, I didn't understand those feelings. I just thought I didn't like her anymore.

I'm in a relationship now and it's great. i can see things being serious because I really like this girl. And using my past experiences I know that, if I start feeling these feelings again, I'll ignore them. Because I know what they are.

To be honest, ending it with my ex was probably the smartest thing I've done for a while, because it taught me how to actually be with someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMatt
seriously, people are sick of you and other idiots constantly swinging shit at each other you stupid ****. as evidenced by a whole lot of posts in this thread alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Ok I'll pass it on to them that EndTheRapture51 is done watching.
Tanglewoodguit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #12015
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambi_mantra
Was this aimed at me? I've no idea who you are

You had made some comment about everybody posting negative things and problems on the page before (or at least that's how I read it).

Unfortunately my situation got "complicated" last night. She's talking to her ex on Sunday about getting back together and I might end up friend-zoned, all this after she comes onto me super strong. not cool.

That said I'm not backing down easily.

Last edited by snipelfritz : 10-05-2012 at 01:59 PM.
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #12016
frozen_soul
UNCE UNCE UNCE

i need an unexpected and romantic date idea - one that doesn't cost a shit ton. any ideas?

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
frozen_soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #12017
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_soul
i need an unexpected and romantic date idea - one that doesn't cost a shit ton. any ideas?

If your girl likes taking pic's, drive her around all over town or somewhere pretty around you and have her take pics of various areas. One of the best times I've had with a girl.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #12018
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen_soul

walk to a quiet (but non-threatening) beach, stare at moon.

Kinda worked for me the other night. Kinda...

Now I need to come into her work at 6am playing Two Princes on my acoustic. It's the only way to win over her heart!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #12019
Sinfinity000

Pretty simple dilemma here - looking to ask a girl out, however, I'm 14, and she'll be turning 16 this month. I look and often act older than I am, but I'm not sure if the age difference is an issue either way.

Honesty in your answers is appreciated, but please don't go bashing anything I said.
Sinfinity000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #12020
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfinity000
Pretty simple dilemma here - looking to ask a girl out, however, I'm 14, and she'll be turning 16 this month. I look and often act older than I am, but I'm not sure if the age difference is an issue either way.

Honesty in your answers is appreciated, but please don't go bashing anything I said.

If she knows your age, the whole silly high school image will be a factor for her whether you like it or not. If she doesnt know your age, then ask her out full steam ahead and dont tell your age until you have to. If she's only one grade ahead, it shouldnt be a big deal but you never know with high school girls. Theyre all fucked up and shit.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: