Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #61461
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Pretty much. I can honestly see no justification at all for it. All they're saying is that they'd give the money to councils, but a fair number of councils, most notably Aberdeen, are already underspending, so what's the point?
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #61462
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
to be fair, tunnock's snowballs are badass.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
I had a Blackstar. I felt like I was lied to by Chappers, that fat ****.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #61463
Jackal58
Pit Daddy
 
Jackal58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: If I was up your ass you'd know it.
Way to go Dave.
You killed the fucking thread again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Jackal58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #61464
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
So it turns out adding another tax band, a relatively modest one, would go a long way to easing Ireland's income problems.


So that’s that – but what about a higher rate of income tax of 48 per cent on all pay over €100,000?
In response to a question from one Labour TD, Michael Noonan said that the estimated yield would be around €365 million in one year.

...


This is 10 per cent of the entire necessary budget adjustment and would help ease the pressure in other areas such as Education, Health and Social Protection.



Pity it'll never happen.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #61465
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
^ but all the rich people will move to monaco!

as opposed to all the rich people currently leaving because ireland's ****ed up already






so... jeremy hunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal58
Way to go Dave.
You killed the fucking thread again.


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
I had a Blackstar. I felt like I was lied to by Chappers, that fat ****.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #61466
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
^ but all the rich people will move to monaco!

as opposed to all the rich people currently leaving because ireland's ****ed up already

They can't leave, that's the wonderful thing about the housing collapse, they can't afford to leave anymore because their multi-million euro houses are worth a song and some pocket change.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #61467
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
i have a song! AND POCKET CHANGE!!!
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #61468
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
i have a song! AND POCKET CHANGE!!!

Seriously, if you have some cash there's some amazing bargains to be had here at the moment.
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #61469
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Seriously, if you have some cash there's some amazing bargains to be had here at the moment.

what could 20k in ireland bills get me?
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #61470
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
They can't leave, that's the wonderful thing about the housing collapse, they can't afford to leave anymore because their multi-million euro houses are worth a song and some pocket change.


ahahahahaha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
I had a Blackstar. I felt like I was lied to by Chappers, that fat ****.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #61471
gabcd86
isn't French.
 
gabcd86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Camden, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
what could 20k in ireland bills get me?


Whatever it is, you'd be in Ireland.
__________________
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

"En una revolucion, se triunfa o se muere, si es verdadera." ~Ernesto "Che" Guevara

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeb rocks
I guess that does technically make you the Che to my Fidel if it makes you feel better


UG Amplified
gabcd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #61472
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
yeah that's the point. it's cheap but it's kinda lame (i'm counting NI in with that, too, before paddy jumps on me).

Of course, that does pose some serious questions about why the **** houses were costing so much at the height of the boom. I remember round here they were selling townhouses and shit and comparing them to prices in central London- "oh, townhouses are the big thing in big cities". No shit. But people don't want to live in townhouses in those cities, they're just the only thing they can afford and they want to be in a big city. As opposed to out in the middle of nowhere in ireland. A small flat isn't worth £300k because a small flat is worth £300k. It's worth £300k if it's located in an area where people actually want to live.

jeez.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
I had a Blackstar. I felt like I was lied to by Chappers, that fat ****.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #61473
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Mc
yeah that's the point. it's cheap but it's kinda lame (i'm counting NI in with that, too, before paddy jumps on me).

Of course, that does pose some serious questions about why the **** houses were costing so much at the height of the boom. I remember round here they were selling townhouses and shit and comparing them to prices in central London- "oh, townhouses are the big thing in big cities". No shit. But people don't want to live in townhouses in those cities, they're just the only thing they can afford and they want to be in a big city. As opposed to out in the middle of nowhere in ireland. A small flat isn't worth £300k because a small flat is worth £300k. It's worth £300k if it's located in an area where people actually want to live.

jeez.

Yep. It was madness, there are thousands of empty apartments in Dublin now though, so it's a great time to be renting. My mate got a flat in the "Heuston South Quarter" development for about 300 euros a month with himself and 2 others. The woman who handed them the keys (one of those over the "development") was almost in tears because "these apartments were meant for young professionals and families, not for students". We did have fun watching the DVD they gave him about "caring for your new home", there was stuff about childproofing the balconies and so on, amazingly funny.

In fact, in my hometown this week a massive convent
"the former Sacred Heart convent in Roscrea, Co Tipperary ... set on over 5 acres and the buildings – include the former school, a retreat house and accommodation – dating back to 1845" sold at a distressed property auction for €115,000. Still overpriced at that if you ask me.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/al...621043-Oct2012/
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #61474
Mistress_Ibanez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Englannissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Yep. It was madness, there are thousands of empty apartments in Dublin now though, so it's a great time to be renting. My mate got a flat in the "Heuston South Quarter" development for about 300 euros a month with himself and 2 others. The woman who handed them the keys (one of those over the "development") was almost in tears because "these apartments were meant for young professionals and families, not for students". We did have fun watching the DVD they gave him about "caring for your new home", there was stuff about childproofing the balconies and so on, amazingly funny.

In fact, in my hometown this week a massive convent
"the former Sacred Heart convent in Roscrea, Co Tipperary ... set on over 5 acres and the buildings – include the former school, a retreat house and accommodation – dating back to 1845" sold at a distressed property auction for €115,000. Still overpriced at that if you ask me.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/al...621043-Oct2012/



Bleurgh I really hate that prejudice against students.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #61475
Ur all $h1t
Has an erection
 
Ur all $h1t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Bleurgh I really hate that prejudice against students.

It wasn't so much prejudice as much as it seemed she really felt proud of having been involved in making this wonderful place for young families to live and now that would, realistically, never ever happen. There are loads of places, for example, for lovely shops and stuff (they'd envisaged boutique coffee places and little food stores, instead there's a loan Spar and a bunch of empty lots) underneath the apartments and so on, loads of places for landscaping and that, but it's essentially a ghost town, loads of empty apartments and big empty plazas.

Also, she was probably losing a lot of money. Furthermore, the students did kind of wreck the place...
__________________
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Ur all $h1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #61476
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
 
Dave_Mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Northern Ireland
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur all $h1t
Yep. It was madness, there are thousands of empty apartments in Dublin now though, so it's a great time to be renting. My mate got a flat in the "Heuston South Quarter" development for about 300 euros a month with himself and 2 others. The woman who handed them the keys (one of those over the "development") was almost in tears because "these apartments were meant for young professionals and families, not for students". We did have fun watching the DVD they gave him about "caring for your new home", there was stuff about childproofing the balconies and so on, amazingly funny.

In fact, in my hometown this week a massive convent
"the former Sacred Heart convent in Roscrea, Co Tipperary ... set on over 5 acres and the buildings – include the former school, a retreat house and accommodation – dating back to 1845" sold at a distressed property auction for €115,000. Still overpriced at that if you ask me.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/al...621043-Oct2012/


haha wow

i don't think it's just as bad up here, but it's still not great.

childproofing the balconies might be a good idea for students

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Bleurgh I really hate that prejudice against students.


+1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurflames
I had a Blackstar. I felt like I was lied to by Chappers, that fat ****.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.


Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #61477
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Hugo Chavez won re-election to another 6 year term and that's p cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Tfw the woman you love is without her dog and having night terrors and u can't do anything to help her
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #61478
Draken
waiting for the 6th world
 
Draken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
That's right kids in the new tory britain workers can now trade, maternity, severence and flexible working rights for tax free shares. £2000-£50000 pounds of shares free, just hand over your dignity and self respect.

Linky
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #61479
Mistress_Ibanez
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Englannissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draken
That's right kids in the new tory britain workers can now trade, maternity, severence and flexible working rights for tax free shares. £2000-£50000 pounds of shares free, just hand over your dignity and self respect.

Linky


Wat.


I'm being Ofsteded


Thought I'd share that as it's entirely political and Gove-controlled...

Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez : 10-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #61480
slapsymcdougal
Funyuns ho!
 
slapsymcdougal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
Wat.


I'm being Ofsteded


Thought I'd share that as it's entirely political and Gove-controlled...

That's because Gove reads this thread and you've hurt his feelings.


Don't worry Dave_Mc, I won't tell anyone that you're Micheal Gove irl
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
You don't know every cyborg penis or eye type in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Toshan
Quality polis, MacGregor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegurfzone
you're winning this argument and i don't like it.
slapsymcdougal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.