Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #30301
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralFan
So I, Vigilante by Crippled Black Pheonix arrived. First impressions: epic. Well recommended to the Oceansize/Mogwai/GY!BE lobby.

I'll listen to it properly tonight and tell you what I think tomorrow.

Nifty, I'll have to check that out on Youtube or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by americnidiot

For anyone who doesn't have the DVD. Related videos has the other.

I'd watch it now but I think I'd rather wait till I get home to the DVD.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #30302
Gaz_m2k5
How appropriate.

Oh Prague, I had forgotten about you.

Listening to it for the second time makes me realise, it's not just a song I don't like, it truly is f#cking awful! I don't know how they could do that.

Some Muse songs I don't like (usually at first, and then they grow on me) but damn Prague sucks dick.

RAGEMUSEBLOCPARTYFEEDERQOTSA
SOUND CITY PLAYERS - HMV FORUM 19/02/13
Gaz_m2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #30303
steve_muse
Never had this before

You're nuts, I love prague. Grungey goodness.
steve_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #30304
Alter-Bridge
Is Enchanted to meet you

Location: Friday night beneath the stars, in a field behind your yard

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Alter-Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #30305
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Damn Will 2, why?

Whenever UGers show me images of cockatoos it's only sad ones.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #30306
halvies
Bonjourno

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeyyz
That's awesome, where are you going? I'm thinking about doing a study abroad in Kanazawa over next summer.

I got a scholarship as a trainee language teacher to go over and do an intensive language program for about 3-4 weeks. It equates to over a semester's worth of language hours. But it's all paid for in the scholarship, so I only really need spending money. I'll be Osaka, at Kansai University. Not sure of the exact dates yet though. Still, I can't wait. It's a shame Muse aren't playing. Now I just pin my hopes on Bloc Party touring there while i'm around...

I have a friend who is doing and acceleration program in Kanazawa this summer. She'll be doing two units work in about 10 weeks. I'm thinking about doing it next summer, but it's kind of expensive.
halvies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 PM   #30307
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by halvies
I got a scholarship as a trainee language teacher to go over and do an intensive language program for about 3-4 weeks. It equates to over a semester's worth of language hours. But it's all paid for in the scholarship, so I only really need spending money. I'll be Osaka, at Kansai University. Not sure of the exact dates yet though. Still, I can't wait. It's a shame Muse aren't playing. Now I just pin my hopes on Bloc Party touring there while i'm around...

I have a friend who is doing and acceleration program in Kanazawa this summer. She'll be doing two units work in about 10 weeks. I'm thinking about doing it next summer, but it's kind of expensive.

I can't think of the term they use (paraeducator maybe?), but I'm assuming what you'll be doing is something based around teaching English to Japanese middle/high school students? That's something that I've always thought would be cool to do, but I have too many problems to make that a reality. The one that I'd be doing would be ~6 weeks, and would be based on Japanese language more than anything. I think we have to do three classes. Fortunately, I'd only have to pay for transportation and spending money. Ideally I'd do a homestay, but that's not an option for this program. I'll probably know by the end of the week whether or not I'll be doing it, seeing that there's an info meeting Wednesday and I'll be talking to my parents about it if I decide I'll definitely want to do it.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #30308
halvies
Bonjourno

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgeyyz
I can't think of the term they use (paraeducator maybe?), but I'm assuming what you'll be doing is something based around teaching English to Japanese middle/high school students? That's something that I've always thought would be cool to do, but I have too many problems to make that a reality. The one that I'd be doing would be ~6 weeks, and would be based on Japanese language more than anything. I think we have to do three classes. Fortunately, I'd only have to pay for transportation and spending money. Ideally I'd do a homestay, but that's not an option for this program. I'll probably know by the end of the week whether or not I'll be doing it, seeing that there's an info meeting Wednesday and I'll be talking to my parents about it if I decide I'll definitely want to do it.

Well actually, my program is based around language study. So it will be mostly studying Japanese, rather than English teaching, but there will be culture study in there too.

A homestay for me would be really good too. It's a shame they don't offer it in our programs. That way we could practise speaking and listening which are really hard to get a grasp of without using it really often. I think an in-country study program is a great opportunity for anyone. I've been to Japan before; it's an amazing country and the people are awesome
Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #30309
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan

Quote:
I've been to Japan before; it's an amazing country and the people are awesome

I hear this a lot from people I've talked to that go there often/relocated there. It's definitely somewhere I'd love to visit at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
TheUltimateSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #30310
halvies
Bonjourno

It's a shame it gets such bad attention in the media. Apart from the whole whaling debacle, there really isn't anything to dislike about Japan. Except maybe how difficult the language is...
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #30311
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Well actually, my program is based around language study. So it will be mostly studying Japanese, rather than English teaching, but there will be culture study in there too.

A homestay for me would be really good too. It's a shame they don't offer it in our programs. That way we could practise speaking and listening which are really hard to get a grasp of without using it really often. I think an in-country study program is a great opportunity for anyone. I've been to Japan before; it's an amazing country and the people are awesome

Ah, okay. I look forward to visiting the country at some point, I'd love to do so much and actually put the language to practical use outside of class. Even though I still have a ton to learn.
Quote:
It's a shame it gets such bad attention in the media. Apart from the whole whaling debacle, there really isn't anything to dislike about Japan. Except maybe how difficult the language is...

I don't really have anything to compare it to (I took Spanish in high school but that was a breeze since we took it at such a slow pace unfortunately), but I haven't found my class that difficult. In the future, I can see kanji becoming a huge pain, but vocabulary and grammar-wise, it hasn't been very problematic.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 AM   #30312
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan

Quote:
Except maybe how difficult the language is...

Unfortunately that's what shy's a lot of people away from the country. But I've heard once got it down it's loads of fun to speak in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
TheUltimateSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #30313
halvies
Bonjourno

Maybe it's just me. I probably just suck at it
Old 10-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #30314
NeutralFan
UG's Grey Square

Okay, so this album is ****ing epic. No, seriously, I love these guys. They hit that middle ground between the hooky guitar work of Oceansize and musical complexity of Mogwai or GY!BE so well. Incredibly varied too. Their music mainly comes under the prog/post-rock label, but I've heard country, avante garde neo-classical, classic rock, blues and jazz influences, and even, I think, Scottish folk towards the end of one of the 10-minute long slices of epicness on the album.

I like it anyway.

better than 2nd law

Call me Neutral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_
I wonder if you get more out put if you wire a battery to your penis.
HIBERNIAN FC
SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 13/14

Last edited by NeutralFan : 10-09-2012 at 11:20 AM.
NeutralFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #30315
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Maybe it's just me. I probably just suck at it

If you got a scholarship for it, you shouldn't doubt yourself.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #30316
americnidiot
doesn't like his username

BTBAM's disc is incredible. I don't even mind the screaming on most of it. It's my album of the year so far.
americnidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #30317
Alter-Bridge
Is Enchanted to meet you

Location: Friday night beneath the stars, in a field behind your yard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot5678
Damn Will 2, why?

Whenever UGers show me images of cockatoos it's only sad ones.

I was at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, saw that painting, and immediately thought of you.

I like BTBAM occasionally, but most of the time I can't get over the "mish mash" philosophy of their "songwriting".

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Alter-Bridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #30318
americnidiot
doesn't like his username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter-Bridge
I was at the Art Gallery of New South Wales, saw that painting, and immediately thought of you.

I like BTBAM occasionally, but most of the time I can't get over the "mish mash" philosophy of their "songwriting".

I'll agree that their transition between segments in songs can be abrupt, but they often seem to do it well, or moreso better than any other band I can think of (mostly because no one else does it )
americnidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:52 AM   #30319
awesomeo4000
ಠ_ಠ

oh hey i wonder whats goin on in this thread
Old 10-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #30320
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

^ Off-topic discussion. It was only a matter of time.

Rate This Thread: