Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
seeneyj
Mr Sunglasses
 
seeneyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A place where people with unbuttoned shirts & cool sunnies can roam free.....
Every day I walk out my front door. It works great for me.
__________________
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
seeneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #22
TheTee56
UG'S Banana Saviour
 
TheTee56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Banana-rama
I never take chances.
Too risky.
__________________
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.


TheTee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #23
guitarist41
DiscoSucks****Everything
 
guitarist41's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Scotland
What chances really arise?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
guitarist41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #24
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member
 
Bushinarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTee56
I never take chances.
Too risky.


Where's the ****ing banana reference? I demand consistency.
__________________
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.


# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Bushinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #25
Darth_Pietrus
I like bewbs
 
Darth_Pietrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Breda, The Netherlands
Since relatively recently I started to take chances. For the most part it has turned out for the better ^^ just dont do something you dont believe in ;D still try to be yourself
__________________
What's the point of Signatures...
Darth_Pietrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #26
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
Taking chances and hating your job are two different things.

I take plenty of chances, it comes by nature of what I train in, but hating your job? Welcome to 90% of the free world, man. Most people hate their jobs. They're unrelated.
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #27
cptcomet
Band
 
cptcomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
Taking chances and hating your job are two different things.

I take plenty of chances, it comes by nature of what I train in, but hating your job? Welcome to 90% of the free world, man. Most people hate their jobs. They're unrelated.


But not enjoying what you do because of chances you've missed?
__________________
455 75 34 88

(・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
cptcomet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet
But not enjoying what you do because of chances you've missed?

You're missing chances when you're asleep too. Or when you're working.

In fact, you're even missing chances WHEN you're doing something you enjoy. You can always conjure up conjecture about what could've been, but it's way more effective to focus on making things become.

In my opinion, at least.
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #29
cptcomet
Band
 
cptcomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
You're missing chances when you're asleep too. Or when you're working.

In fact, you're even missing chances WHEN you're doing something you enjoy. You can always conjure up conjecture about what could've been, but it's way more effective to focus on making things become.

In my opinion, at least.


I'm not talking that abstract. I mean chances for example to apply for a new job, or play at an open mic. Not things you wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

I'm guess what i'm saying is it's better to say yes to more things because of the doors it may open.
__________________
455 75 34 88

(・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
cptcomet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #30
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet
I'm not talking that abstract. I mean chances for example to apply for a new job, or play at an open mic. Not things you wouldn't necessarily be aware of.

I'm guess what i'm saying is it's better to say yes to more things because of the doors it may open.

There's always that risk, but being too open to anything can make your appreciation for a good chance lessen over time. If you jump at anything, it'll become harder to discern quality when weighed against simply jumping. It will also increase the risk while lessening the potential reward.

There are times when you need to jump, but only a beast jumps at anything open in front of it.

It's all about balance, but wasting time regretting is wasting time regardless. If you didn't move, you didn't move - nothing to do about it now. If you're feeling stagnant, make a change.

Also remember that opening doors often closes another.
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #31
lt mittens
milfhunter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: belgium
you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so it's obvious you should take more chances.

do something with your life instead of having a lousy job, a GF thats a 5/10 best, those false friends that keep asking for money but don't return,...(you get the point). i suggest watching arnolds speech about the 6 rules of succes for some motivation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TEc_qyKQ0c
lt mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #32
StewieSwan
Play my dudelsack
 
StewieSwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The lake
I tend to play it safe.
StewieSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.