Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Rokkstar

[C4C] "Whatever Happens, Happens LP" [Full Album][Pop Punk][*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid/*.txt]

Hey guys! So first thing's first... We have THREE recordings already to this album made... If you're interested in them, you can get them on iTunes here!

So we plan on recording the rest sometime during the first half of next year! We're already booking around some acoustic shows and trying to find a drummer to fill in the drums so that we can play full band live. I've never been one to enjoy the use of pre-recorded audio in place of an instrument, because I've always felt, if it can be done, and should be done, it can be done and should be done... So until we have a legitimate drummer, we will not use a drum machine etc etc....

ANYWAYZZZ. So we finished the album.. And by we... I mean, I did, and the guys pretty much approved it. So obviously the songs are in the GP and MIDI files and the lyrics are in the TXT files!!! What do you guys think? Crit4crit! Since we have loads of time before we ever consider recording these mugs... You can let me know what you think should be done to them...!

Thanks a bundle.

Tracklisting:
  1. 5:00am
  2. That Song
  3. A New Life
  4. You Made Me This Way
  5. I Have a Dream
  6. Hey Beautiful (I'm Sorry)
  7. Under the Moon
  8. Please Don't Feel Sorry
  9. Your House
  10. I Never Forgot (That You Were The Best)
  11. You'll Never Know
  12. Midnight

EDIT! Whatever Happens, Happens and Your Smile Still Haunts Me are NOT on the album.... >.>
Attached Files
File Type: zip [GP5].zip (60.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: zip [GP4].zip (41.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: zip [MID].zip (51.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: zip [VOX].zip (7.6 KB, 33 views)

Last edited by Rokkstar : 10-14-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
DragTheWaters11
☺♣♠&#96

I'm sorry, but all I could do is listen to the first song. You did one song (which was a joke song anyways) so I shall do the same. (Plus I'm building my own computer and I'm doing BIOS and Installation stuff so I'm a bit distant, I apologize).

Now, this is not my style of music. Barely even close. My closest ties are in my current band, The Sadie Hawkins Slaughter, and they're filed under hardcore. But, I have a few friends who do listen to this style of music. I could honestly be sitting in a room with them and hear them listening to 5:00AM. Very upbeat song, and I think it's very catchy. So, good work sorry I couldn't listen to more.
Fate is your deciding God
DragTheWaters11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:07 AM   #3
Rokkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragTheWaters11
I'm sorry, but all I could do is listen to the first song. You did one song (which was a joke song anyways) so I shall do the same. (Plus I'm building my own computer and I'm doing BIOS and Installation stuff so I'm a bit distant, I apologize).

Now, this is not my style of music. Barely even close. My closest ties are in my current band, The Sadie Hawkins Slaughter, and they're filed under hardcore. But, I have a few friends who do listen to this style of music. I could honestly be sitting in a room with them and hear them listening to 5:00AM. Very upbeat song, and I think it's very catchy. So, good work sorry I couldn't listen to more.

Dude, I knew your song was a joke. lol. I was hoping you'd crit mine with a link to a real song of yours to return a crit, too. No worries even if you only listened to one. Thanks. But you can give me a real link and I'll return it.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #4
guitar_jew

How about a whole album C4C? I crit all 12 of these if you crit all 11 of mine, sound good? Just doing the musical side of it, since as I type this addition to the first sentence, I'm 4 songs in, and don't want to have to start over to match the lyrics with the melody. :P

1. 5:00 AM - Nice riff, sets the mood and actually has some motion to it. I just think the vocal leading into the verse could do something more interesting than repeat the guitar melody. It works, though. Chorus doesn't stick in my head nearly as much as that riff, though. Some harmonies might make the melody stick out more. The bridge works, though I'd rather hear a completely new theme instead of a redone main riff. 7/10

2. That Song- The piano lines are good, but it made me want to hear more minor chords juxtaposed in there. The little harmony in the verse adds a lot, wish there was more along those lines throughout. I like the almost 80s hardcore vibe the drums in the bridge have. 8/10

3. A New Life- I get the vibe you were going for, but that riff at the beginning sounds incredibly similar to 5AM. I'm a sucker for the drums in the chorus. Gives that punk vibe to an otherwise basic pop rock sound. Bridge 2 could very well be a verse in its own song, has a very alt rock vibe. The transition into the last chorus doesn't work well at all, though. Sudden can be a good thing, but the contrast is too much in this instance, in my opinion. This song would be better off using Bridge 2 as a coda. 7/10

4. You Made Me This Way- The little chromatic bit before the drums come in was nice, added some desperately needed color. Here, the silent pause before the chorus works well- the contrast is just right for it to punch the way it should. What I'm starting to notice, however, is that all the songs are structured the exact same. I know it's pop punk and all, but it does start to make the songs predictable. A curveball here and there would be nice, though I've obviously still got 8 songs to go. 7/10

5. I Have a Dream- I like the colors- the song's harmonic texture is immediately very different from the first four songs. I could imagine Brand New's melodic screaming style of vocal going very well with the chorus in this song. Solo is another nice change of pace in the context of the album. I'd still recommend putting harmonies on the choruses of these songs, to make the melodies resonate deeper. Oh, and the bit with the delay is pure ear sex. I'm a sucker for ambient echo-based textures like this. 10/10

6. Hey Beautiful (I'm Sorry) - The obligatory 2000s parenthetical subtitle Again, the structure's are evolving nicely, although the synth lead is annoying, it'd be better if it were an actual string section. Limitations of GP, I guess :/ The main chord progression, however, has been used about a million times just in this album so far. Lot's of C-F-G-A in just this first half.

7. Under the Moon- Use of a different key provides a good change of pace, although a lot of the basic harmonic ideas from the other songs are repeated here. At this point it occurs to me that I don't remember much of the vocals from the other songs. They never strike me as bad, but as I said, I don't remember much, either. 7/10

8. Please Don't Feel Sorry- Might've been better if the obligatory acoustic ballad were track 4- break up the repetition in the first half a bit more. The song itself is nice, some nice chord play. Short and sweet, to the point. 8/10

9. Your House- Funky bass is coo. Makes for an interesting verse in the context of the album. I feel like the chorus builds to a fast punky riff, but doesn't get there until the bridge, and then I feel like I miss that riff once it gets done with the solo. 8/10

10. I Never Forgot (That You Were the Best) - MOAR PARENTHESIS. Feels like 'I Have a Dream' but not as fresh. The chorus textures sound good, though. Epic Bridge- you're gonna lol at one of my songs. Well, I did at this one, though. It works, though. The chorus with the solo isn't necessary, though, it feels like it's dragging. 7/10

11. You'll Never Know- Digging the vibe in these first few sections. The harmonies in the prechorus might not be anything terribly unique, but they do give me an ear boner. Now the vocals in this chorus are really doing me some favors. I like it. Punky bridge is nice, too. 8/10

12. Midnight- Midnight. Track 12. I get it. Anyway, this reminds me a lot of Planetary (GO!) off the most recent My Chemical Romance record, until the chorus, anyway. The synthesizer experimentation also calls 'Fever-'era Panic! At the Disco to mind. On its own, it's alright, but it feels really out of place as a closer. 7/10.

As a whole- Cohesive enough, though a bit repetitive in parts, especially in terms of individual song structure and harmonic content. On another note, I did have fun opening each new song, one at a time and listening. What it lacks in novelty, it makes up for in sincerity, or some pretentious hogwash like that. 7/10.

C4C would be much appreciated. 200+ thread views but no comments of any sort makes me a sad panda

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1566286 Thanks in advance if you do, thanks in advance if you don't.
guitar_jew is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: