Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 10-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #1001
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
 
Gibson_SG_uzr55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand Valley State University, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphogenesis26
Hurry up and say something about their religion so that I can watch a UG fight!

I don't care about someone's religious views so much as how they act upon their religious views. Biden and Ryan are both Catholics. However, Biden isn't so strictly Catholic that he thinks raped women (or, any women) should be forced to endure pregnancy if they do not wish. Biden even believes that life begins at conception, he just doesn't think that he should force that viewpoint on other people. People can criticize him for not having strong convictions in his faith, but who gives a **** about his faith convictions? I care about his political convictions. By care more about the right to choose than religious doctrine, he shows he has strong political convictions separate of his religion, and that is what is important. Ryan is none of these things.

tl;dr Biden isn't a douche about his religion, Ryan is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1002
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
These people are appalling and disgusting, and the people who consider voting for them are appalling and disgusting.


I've been called worse by better...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1003
justinb904
Mother F***ing Engines
 
justinb904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Middle of Nowhere, New Mexico
I found Biden and the debate in general rather entertaining. In that regard I think he was successful in his debating.
__________________
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!

I rode a ladder that climbed across the nation
/
Fifty million feet of earth between the buried and me.
justinb904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #1004
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I don't care about someone's religious views so much as how they act upon their religious views. Biden and Ryan are both Catholics. However, Biden isn't so strictly Catholic that he thinks raped women (or, any women) should be forced to endure pregnancy if they do not wish. Biden even believes that life begins at conception, he just doesn't think that he should force that viewpoint on other people. People can criticize him for not having strong convictions in his faith, but who gives a **** about his faith convictions? I care about his political convictions. By care more about the right to choose than religious doctrine, he shows he has strong political convictions separate of his religion, and that is what is important. Ryan is none of these things.

tl;dr Biden isn't a douche about his religion, Ryan is.

Life does begin at conception, that fact just isn't relevant to the abortion debate.
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #1005
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
If he deserves it, he deserves it. And how can you say that truths are more important but then completely blow off the fact that you liked Biden's points better simply because he was being rude? **** this image bullshit. I'll take an asshole like LBJ who can get shit done 10 times out of 10.

I just disagree fundamentally about giving people what they deserve. Truths are more important, and i'm not blowing that off in my decision. But debates are less about truths and more about how you act under the pressure of interrogation and how relateable you are. People who base their votes on debates are dumb, but some people will. We go in to the debates knowing what they think about these issues. Or we should at least. Changing what they think at this point would be silly. Debates are about showing the public how you are and how you act for an hour and a half. And on that front, I am of the belief that Biden was disrespectful and condescending fairly often. That's not going to change who I vote for, but it is what it is. People who did go into the debate not knowing much about the candidates are gonna think Biden acted like a douche. Pretending like image doesn't matter isn't going to make it go away. That's politics, brah.

Quote:
Paul Ryan can suck my undersized dick. That piece of shit has the gall to say that raped women should be forced to have a child, but he thinks the government is over-involved in the banking system, the one that ****ed us over when the government tried not to get involved? He thinks Medicare should be turned into a voucher program, but claims Obama is cutting Medicare? He wants to privatize social security, but used the SS funds to pay for his college education that got him to the pedestal he sits at now, where he not only would take that away from others, but other means to pay for school as well? Paul Ryan is sub-human. Him and Romney and Santorum and Boehner and Cantor and McConnell and Gingrich are all a lesser being, they support disgusting social views but actually believe that Obama is an evil man over economic policies. I can almost forgive them for have ******ed economic views that proved a mere five years ago to be useless. But their horrendous outlook on social freedoms is the most heinous thing that exists in this country. These people are appalling and disgusting, and the people who consider voting for them are appalling and disgusting.


I agree about their social policies being shitty.

That whole embassy attack in Libya thing is a pretty big mess for Obama though.

Last edited by bradulator : 10-12-2012 at 01:19 PM.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 PM   #1006
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
a bit harsh


not rly.
__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #1007
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
I just disagree fundamentally about giving people what they deserve.


what do you know, so do romney and ryan.
__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1008
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Someone explain to me how Biden acted like a douche.
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #1009
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.
 
Obama FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Good ol' PA.
I don't know if this has been posted in here yet but I just want everyone to watch this video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._n_1959686.html

Its sad that there are people out there like this. It's no wonder people from other countries think us Americans are stupid.
__________________
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150


Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #1010
Eastwinn
entscheidungsproblem
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Getafe, Spain
hey Obama FTW, do you ever regret your username?
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #1011
devourke
Banned
 
devourke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I fail to see how it is remotely harsh. People who are perfectly okay with civil rights being trashed but think that their freedoms are being stepped on because others can do whatever they want and they don't like it have absolutely no respect from me. I can tolerate fiscal conservatism, I will disagree with them until the end (for the most part anyway, I'm pragmatic in a couple areas), but I don't necessarily view that in contempt. But there is no room to respect political social conservatism.

If you can tolerate fiscal conservatism, why do you hate all people that vote for Romney/Ryan. Surely you know that there's at least one person who's voting for them based on their economic policies, not their social policies.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #1012
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.
 
Obama FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Good ol' PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
hey Obama FTW, do you ever regret your username?


I do when people automatically assume I'm an Obama fan boy. I made the username almost 4 years back. I'm still an Obama supporter but most people just disregard what I say because they assume I'm some ******ed biased liberal. That's life I suppose.
__________________
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150


Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #1013
Eastwinn
entscheidungsproblem
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Getafe, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
Surely you know that there's at least one person who's voting for them based on their economic policies, not their social policies.


i can think of multiple people on this forum in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama FTW
I do when people automatically assume I'm an Obama fan boy. I made the username almost 4 years back. I'm still an Obama supporter but most people just disregard what I say because they assume I'm some ******ed biased liberal. That's life I suppose.


it's a bitch

Last edited by Eastwinn : 10-12-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #1014
bradulator
through being cool
 
bradulator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
what do you know, so do romney and ryan.

That was actually really clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Someone explain to me how Biden acted like a douche.

By interrupting all the time and laughing in a condescending way.
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #1015
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.
 
Obama FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Good ol' PA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradulator
That was actually really clever


By interrupting all the time and laughing in a condescending way.


Biden interrupting - condescending prick.

Romney interrupting - confident and energized, good leader.

__________________
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150


Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #1016
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
what's wrong with being condescending to someone who isn't as important or intelligent as you are? Isn't that the perfect time to condescend?
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1017
devourke
Banned
 
devourke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama FTW
Romney interrupting - confident and energized, good leader.

I only saw one person say this on UG and it was Carnivean, and ya'll were shitting on him.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:30 PM   #1018
Jostry
UG Member
 
Jostry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama FTW
I don't know if this has been posted in here yet but I just want everyone to watch this video.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/..._n_1959686.html

Its sad that there are people out there like this. It's no wonder people from other countries think us Americans are stupid.


Yeah! I think it's sad too.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #1019
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostry
Yeah! I think it's sad too.

People shouldn't be allowed to use words with more than 2 syllables if they aren't prepared to give an account of what the words actually mean. Dumb bitch just threw around a word she heard and has no idea what a communist is.
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 PM   #1020
Jostry
UG Member
 
Jostry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
People shouldn't be allowed to use words with more than 2 syllables if they aren't prepared to give an account of what the words actually mean. Dumb bitch just threw around a word she heard and has no idea what a communist is.


+1 for the truth my man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Jostry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.