Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
mrMechanix

Ipad app not working after iOS6 update

Hi guys, I've been using this app for a month now and find it excellent. However I've taken an update to ios6 on the iPad and now I can't get ug to work. I've tried restarting it and deleting it and reinstalling but still closes as soon as I try to access a tab.
Anyone else having this problem?
How do I fix it ;-)
mrMechanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
boyceyuk

I'm having the exact same problem! It's a pain as I can't play without the app with all my favourites I would have thought they would have had an ios 6 compatible version of the app ready to go for yesterday's release.
boyceyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #3
garysmithjapan

Same for me. It is very frustrating. Can we know when an upgrade will be available?
garysmithjapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
gnetsurpher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMechanix
Hi guys, I've been using this app for a month now and find it excellent. However I've taken an update to ios6 on the iPad and now I can't get ug to work. I've tried restarting it and deleting it and reinstalling but still closes as soon as I try to access a tab.
Anyone else having this problem?
How do I fix it ;-)

Same here. My solution? Tried a different app. I like the UG app for the most part, but I've had a lot of issues with other the years. I found an app today called TabKeeper 2, it's .99 and awesome.

It allows you to search the web for tabs, or even go to specific sites, like THIS one itself. You can actually import the tab into the app and then edit it. You can fix lyrics, change chirds, do the font size thing, the transposing into.. Is actually an amazing app. The only caveat is it is a two step process. You use TabKeeper Downloader (free) to download the tabs, sync to iCloud, then open TabKeepr 2 which syncs the tabs over from iCloud. Cumbersome, but it works. And the added functionality fmediting the tab? That's worth the extra step.

And sorry, not trying to take away from UG, but until the developers can fix this issue, I need something else and TabKeeper fits the bill. It may even replace UG... For me anyway. Time will tell. I'm disapointed that UG was nt prepared for this. They knew 6.0 was coming. Seems lazy that the developers couldn't have prepared better.
gnetsurpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
zappp
+ UG Master +

We are on it already and will be submitting revised and fixed version of UGT HD to the appstore today.
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
boyceyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappp
We are on it already and will be submitting revised and fixed version of UGT HD to the appstore today.

May I ask why (like most developers) you guys didn't forward plan for iOS 6?
boyceyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
jmscheer

I downloaded the newer version that works on iOS6 and logged into my existing account. However, is there a way to get back my approx. 500 songs I had in my favorites list? I did not delete the previous app that immediately closes the UI on launch. I was hoping there would have been an upgrade that retained stored songs, but I could only find a second app from 9/28 that I installed. I hesitate to delete the old app in hopes there is a way to recover
all the songs I had saved. This was a real disappointment as I used them to practice and perform with and cannot remember all of the songs I had and hate to start from scratch.
jmscheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #8
gold4it

Is there an update coming? Can't open!
gold4it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
mrMechanix

Cheers zappp. All I needed to know.
mrMechanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #10
lpajy

Got excited when I saw the post saying it was going to be fixed. Checked this morning, still nothing Gigging tonight in Uk and wanted this. Any news on when this is going to be pushed out?
lpajy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
lpajy

Ah, should have been more patient, update has arrived and works fine. Thanks for your support guys.
lpajy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #12
zappp
+ UG Master +

We've pushed the released literally a couple hours ago. The app should be working fine on iOS devices now!
zappp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #13
dennjammer

Just upgraded and lost all my favorites and it won't even open. 500 plus tabs . Loved this app but not just frustrated! The fix you did did not fix my iPad.
dennjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #14
UG Support

@ dennjammer there are 390 saved as favorite tabs stored in your UG online account http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/main.php?mode=favorites (Check "Tabs" section)
Please sync favorites between your online account and device (synchronization process is described in this forum thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1557833
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #15
rosejackson

I'm in the same boat. Upgraded, and now it won't even open. What's the deal?
rosejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:14 AM   #16
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosejackson
I'm in the same boat. Upgraded, and now it won't even open. What's the deal?

There are several issues that need to be cleared out, please contact us by opening support ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm (select UG Tabs iPad application problem) to get appropriate assistance
Old 06-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
makertia

Does UG Tabs HD work on iOS6 now? Really want to know it, since I want to upgrade my iOS.
makertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:06 AM   #18
gracetaw

Well, if you got the right hardware/software to delete apps on iPad , you can erase just about anything from any computer/device. The only surefire way to prevent such is to toss your phone into a blast furnace. However, the right equipment to delete data from phone is not so easy, and generally not available to most users.
If you go to Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
Once you do that it will put the phone into setup mode with iPhone Data Eraser and everything will be deleted from the phone and they won't be able to get your information back.

Last edited by gracetaw : 02-18-2014 at 03:22 AM.
gracetaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 03:13 AM   #19
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by makertia
Does UG Tabs HD work on iOS6 now? Really want to know it, since I want to upgrade my iOS.

Yes, it works on iOS6. It works on 5.1.1 and later versions of iOS
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: