Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Site Suggestions
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM   #561
CrimsonBizzare
spelt bizarre incorrectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedBard
I have a large issue either regarding UG wording on this matter or UG's tab acceptance policy. There are many bands and artists that are not on UG. Some of them have official websites, others do not. I would like to see either that "please type a link to the band's official webpage in your tab (not exact wording but I tried)" be changed to something like "...official webpage, soundcloud page, or other official page with the artists material listed as being by the artist..." or something similar. A band should never be excluded from a tablature site simply due to their lack of an official webpage. Some artists even live in third world communities and produce or record on community owned and operated equipment. These artists could maybe have a community website for their entire population of artists in that community but that is a huge stretch and they probably aren't represented at all. I understand the need, however, to make sure a signed artist really is signed, and a simple link to their soundcloud will do so in cases such as mine where I submitted a tab for an artist that only had a soundcloud. Alright, the third world country bit is a little much I'll admit, but the soundcloud thing will help you out. Thank you for your time.

That doesn't really belong in this thread. I haven't submitted a tab in years, but I'm pretty sure even very small, unsigned bands can have tabs submitted under "Misc Unsigned Bands" with the actual artist name in the tab title. I don't think the artist would need a website to be accepted if you submitted the tab formatted in such a way.
CrimsonBizzare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #562
LostLegion
resurrected

Do you know in the Basic Information bit in the profile where it says AIM, MSN etc. contact information? Could we add a Facebook option onto it?

LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #563
dekc

What is this thing about tabs???
I can't download pretty much nothing, it say that the tab it's not available for my country.
Aren't those tabs made by users???
dekc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #564
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekc
What is this thing about tabs???
I can't download pretty much nothing, it say that the tab it's not available for my country.
Aren't those tabs made by users???

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1420282

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #565
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
I just turned my profile into private because i got sick with all the lurkers.
And i have an idea for private profiles.

Basically, it'll be like an "about me" section, only for people who don't have access to your profile. So instead of seeing this:
Quote:
! This profile is set to private!
This user must add you as a friend to see his/her profile.

You can choose to say like "feel free to add me, my profile is private because i hate lurkers " or something....

Is it a possible idea?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM   #566
jonathan.keeler

Not too sure where to put this, but it would be amazing!
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...21#post30739321
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
jonathan.keeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #567
PatrickDoesABCs

i've got a tab in the Queue area and i was on the phone when i posted the tab.. the problem is that i have the name set the album and when i try to update the title, it doesnt update..
i put the tab on hold because no one was rejecting it as i asked lol..
so my suggestion would be to try fix this, and if its possible. point me in that direction.
PatrickDoesABCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #568
TheVolta

Hello UG Community and Programmers.

I noticed that this thread got a little off-topic, but is clearly where my post belongs.

I am a long-time user of the site and have seen many improvements over the years, however, there are a few *very important* implementations that have been overlooked and could easily be addressed:

1) Display Chords default fingering - the Display Chords function is great, however, from my experience, I am constantly adjusting the default chord formation and required to scroll through the many variations to find my preferred chord fingering. I find it strange that the most common fingerings are not usually 2nd or 3rd (for things like C and D), but have the user search through 4 or 5 to find them (obvious secondary barre chord fingerings). In short, it would be nice to have the site remember what chord variation the user selected. You could have this work the same way you have the Transpose function save the data, or, better yet, include a setting in the user profile where they may indicate their chord fingering preferences. This would save many people like myself a lot of time, eliminating the need to scroll through variations on each tab to find our preference.

2) Display Chords Auto-scroll - The function that displays chords above the tabulature should allow the user to decide whether the chord diagrams auto-scroll, much like the Auto-scroll controller. Ideally, the diagrams would be selectable and moveable, must like the Auto-scroll controller.

3) Global/individual chord variation - When holding your cursor over individual chords and selection a certain variation, the user should have the option of changing the fingering for the entire song (changing the Display Chord diagram and all chords accordingly), or altering just that single chord. I find myself changing chords and moving my mouse away accidentally, just to find myself having to re-select my choice variation.

4) Preset tuning chords - Currently, the user who submitted the tab specifies the tuning. Alternate tuning displays chord diagrams relative to that tuning specified. It would be nice if the interface allowed the user to select which tuning they would like the chords displayed for (e.g. Though a tab was submitted in Drop D, I would like the be able to select the chord diagrams for Standard Tuning, instead of having all of them relate to Drop D)

In short, the chord diagrams could be utilized to their full potential if programmed to behave more flexibly. They should allow presets by the user (eventually, allowing the user to select their own priority fingering in their profile settings, or otherwise), remember individual chord alterations (of less concern, but effective), but **MUST** float the chord diagrams above the tab, and move with the screen auto-scroll.

Again, I love the site, and don't mean to sound critical, but the site would make a huge stride towards perfect if these changes were implemented. I would appreciate some feedback from other members or staff if possible.

Thanks for everything!
TheVolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #569
cbenzen

Bla-bla-bla

Okay, I swear every other tab on this site starts off with something like this...

‘I don't think the band has played it like this, but I do it all the time.’, or ‘Okay be kind please this is my first post and i did this with a sprained arm >.<’

Can there please be a thread, e-book, or section on the front page of the site where people can up-vote the best of the best disclaimers?
cbenzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #570
mjones1992

Dunno if it's been said already (this thread's HUGE), but it needs to be possible to delete one's profile entirely if they no longer want to be part of the community. It's a little silly that you're permanently a member if you sign up.
mjones1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #571
mikefire
UG Newbie

I think you should make it when somebody post new tabs the older thabs that didnt have good ratings should get deleted.
mikefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #572
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones1992
Dunno if it's been said already (this thread's HUGE), but it needs to be possible to delete one's profile entirely if they no longer want to be part of the community. It's a little silly that you're permanently a member if you sign up.

That. Ditch your old profile? Official site policy: good riddance, don't come back or you'll be banned.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 PM   #573
Gwspriggs

Like it's been said before this thread is huge and I don't have time to read through every single, so, I would like to see a discussion topic for live sound. Such as what guitar effact to use for a particular song.
Gwspriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #574
misshoof

I would like it if tabs that have been "removed at the request of the publisher" either got deleted (note: if this method, you'd probably also need a notification text saying that people should not put up more tabs by this artist as they'll get taken down too.) or put an icon next to the title in the search results so you know not to bother clicking on it.
misshoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #575
the glue man
beep

Since the advent of social media like Reddit, Facebook groups, etc., forums here have been dying and I think that it would be a good idea to start mixing forums together to save them from dying completely, and possibly exposing people to different sorts of music somewhat similar to their own tastes (unless it turns out that people here aren't interested in things other than what they already listen to).

Trust me when I say I am a Black Flag person and not at all a Taking Back Sunday person, but I think combining punk and pop-punk wouldn't be a big issue. Perhaps even with hardcore, but that could go with metal.

And definitely keep ska separate from punk, and reggae is definitely a commonly played guitar/bass genre! I'm not sure how popular world music is but since UG is international, it'd be interesting to add that option. So it's not in the "Other" forums along with mainstream pop music. Reggae+World might be ok.

RECAÍDA

TUMBLR
the glue man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: