Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Alternative & Indie
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #2461
bradulator
through being cool

So remember when I was worrying about writing long papers? Well i've written two that were like 11 pages. Is that what I should expect to do when I go to a real college?
bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #2462
Samdroid
#Cenation

Damn son, I just transferred to a university from a CC and I haven't had to deal with anything that thorough. What class(es) were those for?

ヾ(ī༎ຶ۝༎ຶ)ノ"

Samdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #2463
due 07
haaan

I wish I could just stay at community college forever. :-(
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #2464
bradulator
through being cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdroid
Damn son, I just transferred to a university from a CC and I haven't had to deal with anything that thorough. What class(es) were those for?

Both were upper level history classes. He said at least 4 pages, but I went all thorough and overchieved.

I have a crisis right now because the only two classes I want to take next semester are conflicting time wise

I keep pussyfooting around when it comes to moving away/transferring. I keep thinking "oh I could just stay here and save more money by living with my parents but continue to do nothing and waste away but it's only two more years of my life wasted" when I know that's just me being afraid.

Also if I move then I will be within an hour of many cool concerts.

Last edited by bradulator : 11-20-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #2465
█▐▌█▐▌

I have not had to do any 10 page papers in college but I still have not taken any real classes.

So like if you just never choose a major and just take whatever classes you fancy full time for 5+ years, you don't get a degree, right? Isn't that weird. Do they kick you out eventually? My academic adviser sent me to an academic adviser cuz I have no idea what to major in and stuff. Apparently I have 'potential' as a student but no 'direction'. Who knew, right? There are a bunch of philosophy classes I would wanna take but I don't wanna be a lawyer or a grad student. or do I? as if I know anything abt myself. I would probs not do the homework and fail them all anyway b/c I am a misosopher and don't believe anything I read but just continue reading compulsively (but intermittently and haphazardly) cuz I don't have a 'real life'. If I'm just gonna take classes cuz I 'want to learn' I might as well just hang out in classes without enrolling in them. ugh the world is so trivial.

^if you know where you wanna go you should just do it. easy for me to say; i am scared to do anything too; but yeah.

it is impossible to be as cool as bob dylan is in don't look back (note: the parts where he's being cool, not the parts where he's being an asshole). the footage was faked like the moon landing, you can tell sometimes by the way the flag waves. the ramones were faked too.

Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ : 11-22-2012 at 12:01 AM.
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #2466
due 07
haaan

You would be a good defense attorney.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #2467
█▐▌█▐▌

yeah i would just be like "who cares if he killed that girl anyway, we are all gonna die n.e.way, nothing matters."
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #2468
due 07
haaan

lol...

Old 11-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #2469
█▐▌█▐▌

I sorta forgot about Lil B cuz I couldn't stand the quantity of stuff on his Facebook feed, but this morning I saw a screencap of something of his, and I remembered what an inspiring individual he is.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #2470
█▐▌█▐▌

i lived at school for 2 years, but that school was only 45 minutes away though, so i could have commuted if i wasn't an idiot. who knows all the things i would do if i wasn't an idiot? now i live at home but my dad never complains that i'm a bum, at least not yet.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #2471
bradulator
through being cool

If I fail and become a worthless vagabond Woody Guthrie type then i'm going to blame you barsz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
I did this & ended up just staying where I was. (I wasn't living at home, though.)
I don't regret it, but if I had the whole picking colleges thing to do over again, I would definitely have done it differently.

I am determined to go away from home for grad school b/c my greatest fear is that I will graduate college & then just move back into my parents' house (ŗ la "Here to Hear"). then they would be like "get a real job. you shoulda studied smthng useful".

Alright. I'm like at least 70% sure I need to leave. But the 30% of me that is afraid of finances and bills and other grown-up things thinks otherwise.

You should go to Oklahoma for grad school that way you won't feel bad about moving back in with your parents because of your traumatic experiences.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #2472
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

lol my uncle coaches Wrestling at Oklahoma. He loves it.

You should deff get to steppin' if you are okay with incurring debt/are able to do that financial magicks that certain faeries people seem to be able to.

Or you could wait and save a bit and do it after like me. Rent is easy enough to make. Only problem with that is it is much easier to meet new people in school. Like, I am surrounded by schools but have very little access to the entities within.

But like, at the same time, why would you wanna meet new people. Have you met people? They are awful.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #2473
bradulator
through being cool

We have people like this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Kern

who say things like this:

"Studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it's the death knell of this country. I honestly think it's the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam Ė which I think is a big threat, okay? 'Cause what's happening now is they are going after, in schools, two-year olds...And this stuff is deadly, and it's spreading, and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation!"

"Granting marriage status to homosexuals who comprise little more than 3 percent of the population would be like granting all applicants admission to a prestigious college just because a few meet the qualifications. That schoolís status would fall. Likewise, the status of marriage will fall if same-sex marriage is legalized."

"We have a high percentage of blacks in prison, and thatís tragic, but are they in prison just because they are black or because they donít want to study as hard in school? Iíve taught school, and I saw a lot of people of color who didnít study hard because they said the government would take care of them."

"Women usually don't want to work as hard as a man... women tend to think a little bit more about their family, wanting to be at home more time, wanting to have a little more leisure time."
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #2474
█▐▌█▐▌

^wow.

it just occurred to me that i go to the largest university in my state, and the laws of chance pretty much demand there are people there who i would enjoy having a friendship with. like, more than the ~5 people i know. weird. the question is, where?
Old 11-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #2475
spitonastranger
Kinski Assassin

I just graduated high school so i'll be empathising with all your tertiary problems next year.
spitonastranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #2476
due 07
haaan

haha wow graduating high school is sooo last year
Old 11-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #2477
slipknot5678
Cockblockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
haha wow graduating high school is sooo last year

This whole time I thought you were only one year older than me.

Or maybe you are. Did you skip a grade? I think I remember reading you did.
slipknot5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #2478
due 07
haaan

yeah boi i skipped first grade ain't nobody got time for that
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #2479
Hereiwas
"Alex"

I was just kicked out of first grade :/

or was i? american grade system is too much for me.

At the minute i'm more at risk of wasting away because I don't even make it to university and have to stay at home with my parents in the middle of rural cheshire, 10 minutes drive form the nearest post box, leave alone shops/cinemas.

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Hereiwas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #2480
uhh_me?
schmendrick.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of watching dog shows on tv? Or, y'know, in general?
uhh_me? is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: