Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
OneLoud

Need help with voice that sound like a girl in high pitch

Hi guys,

I need to ask something why voice sounds like a girl/woman when i'm singing a high note..

I don't have the sample yet because it is too embarrassing to show off with the voice like that...

I can just give out a little detail about my voice..I'm a baritone/bass(Maybe baritone) and my low note is okay but when in high note, my richness gone and becomes thin..

I can't say that i'm singing in falsetto because i sing in different way and the result are the same..Beside, everybody said that when singing in falsetto, our voice become breathy and weak..but in my case, that's not happen..I can sing strong and solid..The problem is my voice richness is completely gone in high pitch and sound like a woman voice..

Please tell me what happen..

Thanks
OneLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
p_a_morgan
Beards Are Pretty Neat

I'm kidding.

I'm not 100% sure if I know what you're talking about, exactly.

But, I don't see why it HAS to be a bad thing.
Lots of legendary male vocalists have a high pitched voice and they do just fine.
I'd take it as more of a uniqueness type of thing than a crutch. You never know..it may be something you can use to your advantage.

Last edited by p_a_morgan : 11-23-2012 at 09:06 AM.
p_a_morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
Robbin'TheHood
Reggae Freak

Location: Down here at the Pawn Shop what has been sold not strictly made of stone just remember that it's flesh and bone
I'm not sure if I understand your problem, but:
Sounds to me that you're missing the proper resonance center at the top of your range. Try to imagine your high notes as wide as your cheek bones and just in front of them; this should better focus your voice. Another thing that helped me was to hum my vocal range and physically feel what parts of my face vibrated. The higher the note, the higher the vibrations in your face should be. Hope this helps.
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Robbin'TheHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #4
OneLoud

Forgive me if you guys didn't understand what i said earlier..

To make you understand, i have uploaded two sample here in youtube..
Please don't mind with my pronounciation..I just want you guys to let me know if have made a mistake anywhere or using the wrong technique..
I hope you guys can comment me on anything..

Here is sample number 1 where i sing more relax and a little bit breathy..

and here is sample number 2 where i try give my voice a little deeper even in high note..

You guys can either choose which one is more comfortable with people ears or you can just tell me something negative..I will openly hear them out...
OneLoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #5
Tyson2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoud
Forgive me if you guys didn't understand what i said earlier..

To make you understand, i have uploaded two sample here in youtube..
Please don't mind with my pronounciation..I just want you guys to let me know if have made a mistake anywhere or using the wrong technique..
I hope you guys can comment me on anything..

Here is sample number 1 where i sing more relax and a little bit breathy..

and here is sample number 2 where i try give my voice a little deeper even in high note..

You guys can either choose which one is more comfortable with people ears or you can just tell me something negative..I will openly hear them out...

It says you took the videos down. If you'd be willing to put them back up...I'd be happy to help
Tyson2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
tim_mop

How old are you? If you're not like 30 its highly likely your voice will sound like that just because it hasn't finished developing yet.
tim_mop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
Duce180

Your most likely straining to reach those high notes which can destroy your tone. Most untrained singers have this problem (that is if your untrained?). It takes some work to eliminate excess muscle usage in singing, its the process of obtaining correct vocal technique, and for that, I always reccommend a vocal teacher.

Its also about strengthining whats called your "head" voice. Its called head voice because your voice resonates in your head in your upper range. Most guys start out with weak head voices, as do I, (im working on it but it will time). A couple exercises you could try is a "Gee" on a piano scale in your upper range, this will help eliminate breathyness and give a thicker tone quality. However, if you dont have a foundation in good vocal technique this will do little for your voice. So, I would reccommend seeing a vocal coach if your serious.
Duce180 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: