User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #1481
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanksale
It may be a little pricey but the pay offs are worth it.

http://2298chjclkpkfu7ifdwglfdpeq.hop.clickbank.net/

Jamorama Learn Guitar Product - New Site! Big Earnings!
Number 1 Selling Guitar Course In CB! Earn 75% On $49.97 Front-end Sale! Earn 75% On $49.97 Back-end Sale! Earn 50% On $39.95 Up-sell! Very High Conversions. Tons Of Affiliate Resources. Jamorama Is A Pro Affiliate Program.

... why are you not banned?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #1482
nhbs01

technique analysis

wow awsome technique.it is really so effective and good information to the .........

Last edited by nhbs01 : 10-23-2012 at 11:51 PM.
nhbs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #1483
rait56

HI i am new here but your conversation solid too much difficult..
rait56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #1484
FirasKordi

Hi all ....Ive been playing for about 1 year i guess , and am starting to feel that i have looots of mistakes with my technique and i didnt know who to ask for help except you guys
so can you please tell me a full in-depth analysing of my technique (Sweep , Rhythm , Alternate picking ) and yeah i know am sloppy xD but am self taught and in my country not much ppl play guitar (neither there isnt guitar teachers).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86AkeMDo9sU&feature=plcp
FirasKordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #1485
wilray

I just started playing and I'm trying to really focus on my hand posture and not develop any bad habits. I use the classic grip as described in Freepower's video here. I'm practicing notes on the first four frets with all four finger to condition my hand and fingertips. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on the low E my hand touches the high E and the only way I can avoid this is to bend my wrist (which I'm trying to keep straight). Is the unwanted muting of the high E string much of a bad habit? Should I allow for some wrist bend to prevent it?
wilray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #1486
Freepower
v It's Back! :D

You usually want to mute the high E, and the rest of the strings besides. You want to play muting all the strings higher than your index.

The first four frets are also very tough to play on comfortably, try the 5th or 8th fret to start.
Freepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #1487
wilray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
You usually want to mute the high E, and the rest of the strings besides. You want to play muting all the strings higher than your index.

I thought that when playing notes you were supposed to only touch the string you were playing and not touching any others?
wilray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #1488
Freepower

In classical, yes, but not when playing with gain or distortion. Check this, though it's pretty old it's still correct.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:12 PM   #1489
My Last Words
Billions and billions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freepower
In classical, yes, but not when playing with gain or distortion. Check this, though it's pretty old it's still correct.

This comment has no contribution to this thread whatsoever, but I really wanted to thank you for this video - the left hand index-fingertip-muting thingy is so overlooked but then again oh so helpful. Really improved my playing. Actually, I've checked out a bunch of your video's (under the name GanjePharmzor), and all of them are extremely helpful - great teaching mate.

Oh and some random trivia, I found an old thread by you, where were asking about correct vibrato. Pretty entertaining read, since you're like the gandalf of technique now (In my eyes that is).

Meh, I should have put this in a PM. Oh well, you deserve more recognition, cheers mate!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #1490
Freepower

^ thanks! Almost everything I learned I found out through helpful people on UG so I'm just paying it forward. Lots of threads where I asked for help have been lost in forum moves so there used to be even more evidence.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #1491
J-Sis
Nigga Please!!

is this thread still going? i want my sweep picking examined so ill record a video later
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #1492
Freepower

Yep, still going. People post and people answer, so be patient. Obviously making sure both hands are in shot and the sound is decent is helpful.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #1493
J-Sis
Nigga Please!!

thanks heaps, will be filming soon
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #1494
Bolth Mannn

Any help appreciated
Bolth Mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #1495
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth Mannn

Any help appreciated

Can't really hear what you're doing; try playing through an amp next time. Also, no idea which one is you and even if I did know I think the camera is too far away to be able to really see what you're doing in any detail anyway.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:33 PM   #1496
iSouLeZz

Hey guys.. I would like some technique analysis.
This is a solo I wrote a couple of days ago. I've been playing guitar for a year and a couple of months, completely self-taught. I'm really in the market to find a teacher now because I'm no longer arrogant and realize with the right kind of teacher I can actually go places.

For the mean time.. Can you all help me out.. I'm not a dummy and I understand some theory.. Technique.. The way I built my solo.. Everything. Destroy me with criticism.

Progression is Am - Dm - F - E

I usually listen to a backing track.. and just randomly improvise with whatever knowledge of scales and arpeggios I have, mostly arpeggios.. This is the first time I took a progression and tried to break it down.. I didn't want it to be too simple.. and I didn't play the chords exactly how they I wrote them.. Maybe it's an E9 or an F7..? I don't know too well.. It just sounds good.. I know that's one of my problems and I need to learn theory better.. But how did I do following the chords? I took each chord and broke it down and tried to write something creative for it.. I figure.. If I do this 100 times to a 100 different progressions.. I'll finally be able to improvise at the level I want..

Anyway, sorry for that wall of text.. Did I follow the chords ok..? Which parts could I have done better to emphasize more.. How would you have spiced up some of the phrases..? How was my phrasing by the way..? My tone? Any adjustments on that..?

I'm expecting to get torn up.. I know I'm not that good.. But please guys even though I'm not where I could be it doesn't mean go easy on me.. Don't be kind listeners, be guitarists that want to help me improve..

Last edited by iSouLeZz : 11-20-2012 at 06:01 PM.
iSouLeZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #1497
Bolth Mannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Can't really hear what you're doing; try playing through an amp next time. Also, no idea which one is you and even if I did know I think the camera is too far away to be able to really see what you're doing in any detail anyway.

thanks.
Bolth Mannn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #1498
amonamarthmetal

What is my technique like in this video? I just stuck with a basic Ab minor arpeggio shape in root position. I used a line 6 spider III 15w amp so it's not that great quality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8-e...channel&list=UL
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #1499
buwbuw

Im stuck with up-sweeping techique, the down sweep is easy but when it turned to up-sweep my right hand cant do it. Help me.
buwbuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #1500
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buwbuw
Im stuck with up-sweeping techique, the down sweep is easy but when it turned to up-sweep my right hand cant do it. Help me.

Slow it down until you can control what you're doing, then stay at that speed until you're comfortable and don't have to think about what your picking hand is doing.

If you want more specific than that you'll have to either be more specific in your question or post a video.

Rate This Thread: