Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Classic Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #281
Firehawk2410

Hey! A KISS thread!

I have a little story to tell. I've been gradually becoming a KISS fan throughout the year, a so what I usually do with bands I like is look up their live performances. I was never blown away by any particular guitar work of them; it just didn't seem extraordinary. So I decided to watch a whole show on the '96 reunion tour via YouTube. From the beginning I was just captivated. But when Ace Frehley got to his solo section he pretty much melted my face off. I don't think I've ever been that impressed by a guitarist through one video/song like that before. Now I know why I've heard people say he's underrated.
Firehawk2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #282
ChemicalButter

such a great catalog of music!
Parasite (great riff)
Detroit Rock City (remember the 1st time you heard this song?)
Heavens on Fire
Rock Bottom
Unholy
Nothin to Lose
Cold Gin
Firehouse
Cmon and Love Me
Strange Ways
Hotter than Hell
God of Thunder (another classic)
ChemicalButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #283
swave75
Maggot Vest God

Favorite KISS Tunes
Calling Dr. Love
Lick it Up
Heaven's on fire
Almost Human
Got to Choose
Goin' Blind
Hard Times
Trial by Fire
Saint and Sinner
King of the Nighttime

KISS RULES!!! Proud Member of the KISS ARMY
swave75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #284
swave75
Maggot Vest God

I would have to say that Creatures of the Night is my favorite album though. I know it doesn't have Ace and Peter but who cares? It rocks.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #285
swave75
Maggot Vest God

KISS!!!!!! I feel better now.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #286
dianneazuma54
Banned

Ultimate truth or dare questions for my sleepover?
dianneazuma54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #287
IrishConnor1994

Like most fans I'd say that most of the best KISS records were made by the original lineup, but it's annoying when people start saying that all the other lineups suck! Sonic Boom was awesome, and Monster had some great tunes as well!
IrishConnor1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 PM   #288
Firehawk2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishConnor1994
Like most fans I'd say that most of the best KISS records were made by the original lineup, but it's annoying when people start saying that all the other lineups suck! Sonic Boom was awesome, and Monster had some great tunes as well!

Agreed! There are some people who still can't get over the new lineup after a decade of them performing together, which is really pathetic. What's even more pathetic is that those same people attack the faithful fans who still buy concert tickets and new albums. I love the original KISS, but I actually got my start with KISS from Sonic Boom. Since buying that album I've become a huge fan of pretty much every "version" of the band. So, I wouldn't be so obsessed with Ace Frehley if it weren't for Tommy Thayer.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #289
swave75
Maggot Vest God

I am a huge KISS fan and while I do love the original line-up "Creatures of the Night" is by far my favorite album. It hardly ever gets acknowledged by anyone.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #290
Firehawk2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by swave75
I am a huge KISS fan and while I do love the original line-up "Creatures of the Night" is by far my favorite album. It hardly ever gets acknowledged by anyone.

It hardly gets acknowledged? Maybe by the general rock fan community it doesn't come up much but a lot of faithful KISS fans really love it. It's usually ranked about 4th on most KISS "best albums" lists. I'm a more recent KISS fan who recently bought their first five and their last two albums with Love Gun and Creatures on order right now, and even though Ace Frehley is my idol I love the songs on Creatures. What really impresses me about KISS is that they've never had a lacking lineup with all the departures and the death of Eric Carr they've had to endure.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #291
swave75
Maggot Vest God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk2410
It hardly gets acknowledged? Maybe by the general rock fan community it doesn't come up much but a lot of faithful KISS fans really love it. It's usually ranked about 4th on most KISS "best albums" lists. I'm a more recent KISS fan who recently bought their first five and their last two albums with Love Gun and Creatures on order right now, and even though Ace Frehley is my idol I love the songs on Creatures. What really impresses me about KISS is that they've never had a lacking lineup with all the departures and the death of Eric Carr they've had to endure.

It hardly get acknowledged by KISS themselves though. I read once where Paul Stanley said it was a far better album than Lick it Up. Lick it Up only sold better than Creatures cause it was the first one without the make-up. It's like they forgot about it. Sure they may play I Love it Loud and rarely I Still Love You but that's it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #292
Sheep Shagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by swave75
It hardly get acknowledged by KISS themselves though. I read once where Paul Stanley said it was a far better album than Lick it Up. Lick it Up only sold better than Creatures cause it was the first one without the make-up. It's like they forgot about it. Sure they may play I Love it Loud and rarely I Still Love You but that's it.

They've been playing War Machine a lot lately.
Sheep Shagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #293
Firehawk2410

So I finally got my Creatures of the Night CD...

I listened to it three times in one day. It's an amazing record. It's a shame it's pretty much forgotten. I had to tell the world so I submitted a review for it on here.

Rate This Thread: