Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
St John 999

Rocksmith - DLC what happens with this?

Getting good results with Rocksmith been at it for about 3 weeks and loving it.

Please can you tell me what happens when you add in new songs that you purchase from Rocksmith. Are they incorporated into your 'Journey' or are they just there for you to play on their own. I presume they have graded learning when you start to play them.

I am surprised there isn't more stuff - yes I know there is fair bit. But this would have to be an avenue for the musicians to make a couple of dollars. After all - I assume you cannot get illegal copies of this stuff very easily given all the protection built into game consoles and that its all a bit proprietary etc. (I'm using PS3)

Then again I am a bit naive when it comes to copying stuff off the net ...

Anyway second bit was me just rambling. First bit was more about the info I am trying to find out.

Cheers in advance.

St John
St John 999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Burgery
confusion

Location: an outward projected image of a pokémon centre for the soul
i wanted to play rocksmith, downloaded the game and everything

then it turned out i have to use their shitty interface if i wanna play it and it costs like $65

ridiculous
Burgery is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Gerard_xD
-

You're a saint?

Gerard_xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
metacarpi
The GTs new Grundy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery

then it turned out i have to use their shitty interface if i wanna play it and it costs like $65

ridiculous

There are guides on working around that available, assuming you're on PC.

Watching: Futurama
Listening: Every Time I Die - From Parts Unknown
Playing: Watch_Dogs/EA UFC
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Johnny_Ibanez
ʎuuɥoſ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery

ridiculous

I bought the cable off Amazon for Ł20. Where were you looking?!
Johnny_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #6
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Yeah, the interface has quite a lot more latency than professional audio interfaces, too, from what I experienced trying it out at work - may be partly down to the consoles, too, but definitely a lot slower than going DI into a typical audio interface.

I liked the concept of the game, but when I tried it out the stuff on there was far too basic and aimed too much at people who are completely new to playing guitar - it took far too long for the difficulty level to build up (5 plays through the song before it was adding chords to everything, and any lead lines at all, and that was with 96% note accuracy, despite the latency issues!) and it takes a while to get used to the strange graphical interface... personally I think they should have it laid out more like tabs, where the boxes that approach the string have the fret numbers in them, as well as being placed in an area of the neck, as it was far too complicated having to remember that the strings were 'upside down' to tab, and follow the neck markers on the screen, just to know where to play!

If they release some more advanced songs, so that experienced players have something to gain from it (other than bragging rights), I'd consider getting it if I had the money spare, but for now I'm only interested in seeing how it develops rather than getting it for myself.

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #7
Burgery
confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
There are guides on working around that available, assuming you're on PC.

yeah, none of them worked

probably because my jacks are derpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Ibanez
I bought the cable off Amazon for Ł20. Where were you looking?!

on an isolated island in the middle of the butt**** atlantic ocean

Last edited by Burgery : 12-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
wursty
Just some Windows IT Guy

I bought Rocksmith a few months ago for 360 and took me a few tries to get use to it. I haven't really played much of the journey, mostly I just pick a song and play through it, if I find it too easy or if I want to learn a part I go into Riff Repeater and do the leveler on sections I want to get better with. I noticed the the bar on the top right (Can't remember what it's called) gets filled more when you do a new song and do good on it.

I recommend the Avenged Sevenfold pack, Megadeth pack, Judas Priests pack, and Lamb of God's Redneck if you want good fun but difficult DLC. Today or sometime this week they will release the Pantera pack with Cowboys from Hell, Walk, and Domination.

On the subject of the USB to 1/4 interface, I hook it up to my laptop and use guitar rig and I haven't experienced any latency at all with it.
Ibanez AEL20E
Epiphone G-310 Junior Mod
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe FR
B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock

Vinyl Collection
wursty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
St John 999

Thank you wursty for the recommendations.
The latency thing is overdone. Just because Rocksmith mention this in their advice as to how you can set up your system, everyone thinks its a problem. Mostly I suspect its people being a little out of time with their playing !!!
The cable interface is some extra dollars. But in all the promotional stuff they clearly tell you you need their special cable.
Really its the consoles that are not much good in not having direct line in as standard.
If anyone has any ideas if the DLC becomes part of your "journey" - please let me know.
Cheers
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #10
Paulus_L

I got the game and immediately downloaded the blink 182 DLC pack and after about the 5th or 6th set the some of the blink songs did appear as an encore they haven't appeared in the journey yet.
you can however add songs to the journey via the event manager, hope this helps
Paulus_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #11
NothingRocks
:^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Yeah, the interface has quite a lot more latency than professional audio interfaces, too, from what I experienced trying it out at work - may be partly down to the consoles, too, but definitely a lot slower than going DI into a typical audio interface.

I liked the concept of the game, but when I tried it out the stuff on there was far too basic and aimed too much at people who are completely new to playing guitar - it took far too long for the difficulty level to build up (5 plays through the song before it was adding chords to everything, and any lead lines at all, and that was with 96% note accuracy, despite the latency issues!) and it takes a while to get used to the strange graphical interface... personally I think they should have it laid out more like tabs, where the boxes that approach the string have the fret numbers in them, as well as being placed in an area of the neck, as it was far too complicated having to remember that the strings were 'upside down' to tab, and follow the neck markers on the screen, just to know where to play!

If they release some more advanced songs, so that experienced players have something to gain from it (other than bragging rights), I'd consider getting it if I had the money spare, but for now I'm only interested in seeing how it develops rather than getting it for myself.

Well, depending on what you consider "advanced" you can probably find some DLC that might fit. The Final Countdown and the Megadeth pack are pretty challenging. There's also a Rush pack if you like them.

My Livestream

Awakia Facebook Page

Anime List
Music
Youtube

Last edited by NothingRocks : 12-10-2012 at 05:46 AM.
NothingRocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #12
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by St John 999
If anyone has any ideas if the DLC becomes part of your "journey" - please let me know.
Cheers

It does.

/thread
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
Burgery
confusion

lol
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #14
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

I don't have to level up a lot of songs too much. Most of the new ones I play end up being partially leveled.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #15
wursty
Just some Windows IT Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by St John 999
Thank you wursty for the recommendations.
The latency thing is overdone. Just because Rocksmith mention this in their advice as to how you can set up your system, everyone thinks its a problem. Mostly I suspect its people being a little out of time with their playing !!!
The cable interface is some extra dollars. But in all the promotional stuff they clearly tell you you need their special cable.
Really its the consoles that are not much good in not having direct line in as standard.
Cheers

With my setup I have my guitar going in to my xbox (Obviously) and HDMI going to my TV and the sound is going through the Fiber Optic output into my wireless system for my Turtle Beach Ear Force Delta's. I don't have any issues with latency.

Another thing about their cable is it has it's own driver that it loads when you put it in a PC and it notices it's a Rocksmith cable.

Pick up the Pantera pack, Cowboys from Hell and Walk are really fun, also they released a Nickleback pack today so I know all of UG will be downloading that when they get home.

*Ducks and Runs away*
Ibanez AEL20E
Epiphone G-310 Junior Mod
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe FR
B.C. Rich Bronze Series Warlock

Vinyl Collection

Last edited by wursty : 12-11-2012 at 04:37 PM.
wursty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #16
St John 999

Thank you TunerAddict and Paulus L

Thank you to Wursty and Nothing Rocks for the suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard_xD
You're a saint?

@ Gerard xD Only in name - actually very old English name.

Rate This Thread: