Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
nico_9550
Registred lurker

Hard rock song Uruguay

This is a new song by my band, and I wanted some feedback on it, about the song in general, and the mixing.
Thanks

http://emision.bandcamp.com/track/vemos-el-cielo
nico_9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #2
heartbreakhotel

heartbreakhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Markmems

Mixing- pretty good recording, everything sounds about right. Bass drum is a little too bass-y, it makes the mix a little muddy. Possibly push the guitar tracks up so they come through louder. Vocal recording was pretty solid.

Song- Overall catchy, started to get a little repetitive towards the middle though, try some different vocal patterns. Don't be afraid to do vocals that don't match the guitar perfectly, change it up a bit.
First solo was alright, needs to be turned up. Created a good change-up from the rest of the song, made it feel less repetitive.
Second solo was much better writing-wise, still needs to be turned up though. One of the first bends were way off, definitely needs to be re-recorded but besides that i liked the second solo.

The ending was good, i love when people tie together the intro and outro of a song, makes it sound a lot more put together.

Might not be your genre, but C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1578309
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: