Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
zl1288

Npd!

Couple new toys I picked up over the holidays.

Voodoo labs Giggity:

Haven't had a ton of time to play with this yet, but I'm loving it so far. Works pretty well as a standalone overdrive for lower gain tones, but tone shaping is where it really shines. I've mainly used it for fattening up lead tones, but it also works well adding a little shimmer to clean tones. Very touch responsive and it works great with other pedals(especially for taming my fender blender). I haven't even scratched the surface of tones available in this thing, so it's looking like it will be a keeper.

Mxr mc404 CAE wah:

Really liking this wah so far. It's incredibly versatile due to the switchable inductors. The "yellow mode" has a more classic crybaby feel to it, the "red mode" is much more modern sounding and very throaty. I find myself playing with the red mode most of the time, but the yellow mode certainly has its applications. The boost function is nice, but its output can get a bit excessive. I don't really see any situation where I would have the boost turned up more than halfway. Gonna spend some time tweaking the internal trim pots, but I'm already very happy with this wah.

Trex fuel tank chameleon:

Not much to say about this, it's a power supply and it works. I did notice a significant drop in white noise versus when I was using my one spot/ multiple power supplies.
zl1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Hnpd !
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

What exactly does the "Air" knob on that Giggity do?

HNPD!

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
zl1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr_salamander
What exactly does the "Air" knob on that Giggity do?

HNPD!

It either boosts or cuts high end frequencies, the body knob does the same for the low end.
zl1288 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: