Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Blues & Jazz
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
CR909

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflen
jazz was born in the blues...basie, ellington..miles..every top keyboard and horn and reed players know the blues inside out...jazz players look down on the blues? havent seen it..definately have not heard it..

Nope. Jazz came first. You won't find any real evidence for blues as a musical form much before 1920. Jazz can be traced back to Buddy Bolden in the 1890s.
CR909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #22
cdhowell

I was turned on to the blues when I read about Stevie Ray in a guitar mag and went out and bought his cd. Rap and Hip Hop was the popular radio music and I had just became bored with the radio. I heard a few of his songs and it was on for me. Opened the door to the blues and haven't looked back since. A blues tune can be refreshingly different each and every time ya listen to it while keeping a familiar/comforting vibe to it as well. To me Stevie Ray was the best at it, Even BB King stated in an interview that he could just keep going where most blues singers have a "conversation" like style, where the sing a lick, play a lick, sing a lick, play a lick. Stevie could just keep going with it full powerful keep on truckin type of style.
cdhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
SrThompson

Because it's a music that has a lot of feelings in it, you can actually almost see the feelings on this mates playing the guitar, singing, etc.
It's "quite" easy to play when you're begginer, and then when you are more advanced you can still play a lot of different stuffs.
Lots of the classic guitar players that you heard today, the almost start admiring the blues
And also, cause blues history/blues players has lots of "magic tales" in the rock history.
SrThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #24
yoyoloto
Blue dreams

What Thompson said, also blues is kind of a gateway "drug" to something better, it influences a lot of areas of rock (A lot of classic rock was actually blues rock). But how it helps to express the feelings is the best, and I just love how it mixes with jazz and psychedelic.
yoyoloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #25
stringslinger62

New to the site ,,and really glad I did ,,no more searching ,,for alot of great tunes that I havent heard since vinyl who ever is responsible for ultimate Guitar ,,have done a great job ,,ontario ,,Canada
tnx StringSlinger62
stringslinger62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: