Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
paigeyypoo420

Opinion on pedals/gear

Hi im currently using a Peavey 6505 and a Marshall Jubilee Cab. As my guitar I have a LTD ec-1000. It's in drop B and i play deathcore, metalcore, djent, and etc. Im looking to get pedals... Any opinions on the maxon OD808, Isp decimator noise suppression pedal, and probably any tuning pedal. Help me on which pedals would give me the best tones thanks guys !
paigeyypoo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #2
AndyGray
UG Addict

I can't stress enough how much a Maxon OD808 or Ibanez TS-9 would help your tone. It should help create loads of clarity from your lower notes (even in drop-b). Wack level on full, gain to nil & tone to taste.
ISP Decimator is the best noise suppressor pedal by far & it's nice and shiney too!

I've heard the Boss TU2 & TU3's are hard to beat, but can slightly affect your signal. If you want to go completely anal you can buy a line selector & have one solely going into your tuner

I've also got a Carbon Copy delay pedal which adds loads of warmth & helps create a 'big' sound.
AndyGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
paigeyypoo420

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGray
I can't stress enough how much a Maxon OD808 or Ibanez TS-9 would help your tone. It should help create loads of clarity from your lower notes (even in drop-b). Wack level on full, gain to nil & tone to taste.
ISP Decimator is the best noise suppressor pedal by far & it's nice and shiney too!

I've heard the Boss TU2 & TU3's are hard to beat, but can slightly affect your signal. If you want to go completely anal you can buy a line selector & have one solely going into your tuner

I've also got a Carbon Copy delay pedal which adds loads of warmth & helps create a 'big' sound.

Thanks (: what is a line selector what do you mean by have one soley going into my tuner what is the significance??
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
ragingkitty
meow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigeyypoo420
Thanks (: what is a line selector what do you mean by have one soley going into my tuner what is the significance??

Just get a TC Electronics PolyTune or a Korg PitchBlack

edit: Hardwire has a polyphonic tuner as well. Worth checking out.

All these are great if you,don't wanna have a boss in the chain. I'm not a big fan of their buffers.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Last edited by ragingkitty : 01-16-2013 at 11:52 AM.
ragingkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #5
paigeyypoo420

Thanks

Rate This Thread: