Old 10-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #541
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
twas a bit funny to see the huge dip in share price after the press conference

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:AAPL

back to normal now though.

can't find any specs for the 4S though. I heard it was using the A5 chip but dunno what speed or the amount of ram etc.

anyone?
A5 1GHz dual core 1MB L2, same as the iPad2. $400 for a 64GB 4S so I can watch movies on the same old tiny screen I guess...

I could care less about the Siri voice recognition.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #542
King Twili
UG's Constable

Okay, I have a 3 year old iPod Classic 80GB model. The iPod works fine on its own, besides randomly pausing itself on occasion. Recently, however, another problem has arisen. iTunes, Winamp and Mediamonkey all work fine on their own. When I plug my iPod in, it causes those programs to crash, followed by a memory leak which I cannot stop, then a Blue Screen of Death. The only time my PC has ever had a BSoD is because of an Apple Product. Anyway, how would I go about fixing this, preferably without restoring the iPod?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #543
AnAngrySquirrel

So I got an iPhone 3G for christmas but it doesn't have a sim. What are the options I can get for cheap? I saw an advert for an o2 deal where you can top up 10 and get 300 free texts and mobile internet, but I'd go for a better deal if I can find it. Here are the things I need to consider:

- Want to keep my number from my old sim (This might be the main problem)
- Mainly want to use the phone for internet and texting.
- I think it's locked to o2
Old 01-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #544
CoffeeBeans

I just ordered an iPhone 4s and was looking for some good case recommendations. I have a Belkin silicone case for my ipod touch that I really like, but I'm not sure if a soft case for a phone is the best idea. Any suggestions?
CoffeeBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #545
jackebacon
Banned

Quit iTunes, Move the aboriginal one to desktop, and again accessible iTunes and analysis it, if the botheration persists, move it back, and do the aforementioned with the additional file. Although jailbreaking is acknowledged in the United States, Apple has warned that this activity will abandoned the assurance on the device.
jackebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #546
BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans
I just ordered an iPhone 4s and was looking for some good case recommendations. I have a Belkin silicone case for my ipod touch that I really like, but I'm not sure if a soft case for a phone is the best idea. Any suggestions?

I have an OtterBox Impact case for my iPhone 4S. It's a silicone jacket with a waffle pattern inside for more protection. The top is raised up so the screen is recessed. It makes the phone a little bulky but I've dropped my phone on my cement garage floor a few times and it protected it. I got it on eBay for $11.
BobDetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #547
GezzyDiversion
Don't call me Shirley

Does any one have a good solution for syncing iPhone 3G calendar to a program compatible with Windows XP?
GezzyDiversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:36 PM   #548
splamron
UG's Walter White

I've been wanting to jailbreak my iphone 4S, and i've been reading about tethered/un-tethered breaks and stuff, and I am awfully confused. Is that guide in the OP still relevant? What more should I need to know about tethered, etc. Does it matter what iOS your on? I am on 5.1.
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
splamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #549
Dirge Humani
Tyler

As far as I know, there is no untethered jailbreak for anything for 5.1 yet.

I think there was just a breakthrough on an untethered jailbreak for 5.0.1 for the 4S recently, but I am not sure.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
You can see the individual pores on Lara's titty skin.
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #550
splamron
UG's Walter White

Ah okay, thanks. So do you think it wouldn't be wise to jailbreak it yet?
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
splamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #551
guitarlord28
UG Fanatic

Question about home sharing. I just got my own MacBook Pro, and I want to transfer my iTunes from my mom's MacBook. If I use the home sharing method, will that transfer all of my songs, or just the ones I bought off of the iTunes store?

Are you not entertained?

No one gets to their heaven without a fight
guitarlord28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #552
LostLegion
C.A.F.U.

My ipod nano 5g has gone off and it won't go back on again. I tried putting it in my dock, plugging it into my computer, holding the play button but nothing will work.

wtf do i do?

Shrek Coutinho Is Love, Shrek Coutinho Is Life
LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #553
bartdevil_metal
Uses Jackson and Line6.

I have somewhat of a conundrum. My girlfriend and I are both massive music lovers and as a result have massive libraries. I've recently procured a nice 6TB raid set to house all the media on (I use iTunes for my film and TV collections too, so as you can imagine it's a behemoth of a library). My girlfriend also has her media on this disk too, in a separate iTunes folder.

Our libraries overlap; we have the same albums/songs in a lot of cases, and I want to know if anyone has found a way to share a large media folder, which two iTunes libraries index independently? I.E if I have the Lord of the Rings soundtrack in my library, she has the new Nightwish album in hers, but we both have Run to the Hills, can we share the files of that album and not have duplicates?

I appreciate it's quite a convoluted question but I'm stumped and would be happy to explain again anything that's unclear. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #554
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Is there a way to pirate apps? I'm not asking how, just if there's a way.
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #555
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!

I did once, but it was a lot of hassle. In my experience though, there is usually another app in the store that does pretty much the same thing and is free, so I just go with that.

Do you need a developer account with apple to try out the new iOS, or is there another legal way to download and try it out?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #556
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

When do you think Apple will come out with a release date for the new iphone [like, an actual date]? I need to buy a cellphone in early September, and I don't want to buy an obsolete POS, so looks like I'm going with the S4
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #557
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!

September and October were the last two release dates for the iPhone, so I would imagine it will be sometime around then. The media are getting a lot better at predicting Apple now, so by the time you need to get a new phone, you should know the release date and have a decent idea of what it will be like
Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #558
Skynyrd890

16gb 5 or 32gb 4s?

I like the 5 more, and already have a 16gb phone so I'm used to picking and choosing what music goes on the phone. What says you, Apple thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UG AWARDS 2012
Best MS Paint/Photoshop Skills
2nd: Skynyrd890
Skynyrd890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #559
jimmy_neutron
ROCKET EDITION!

I'd go with the 5, mainly because come october, there'll be another iPhone, and at that point you will be 2 versions behind. Give it another year-18 months after that and your phone won't even support the latest iOS.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:47 AM   #560
AnAngrySquirrel

My iPod isn't showing up on my computer or iTunes when I plug it in. The screen lights up so it know it's connected to something but it's not showing up at all. It charges fine when I plug it into a wall socket, but nothing in the PC. Redownloaded iTunes and that didn't help.

What do?

Rate This Thread: