Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Wicked cool.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #17382
Somekid94
Dingus

^^Where did you get those and how much were they, if you don't mind me asking?
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #17383
Platinum Pro
old enough to know better

Right here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ils_o01_s00_i00

They are $8.65 each. Quick shipping from that seller too. But yeah, that's where I got them and I love them. They went on easy and chrome accents are shine really bright in the sun.
Platinum Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM   #17384
Somekid94
Dingus

Cool.

Does anyone know why my outback SCREECHES like a demon in heat on a bitter cold start? (about 0 Fahrenheit)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #17385
Daviec
Ribbet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
Cool.

Does anyone know why my outback SCREECHES like a demon in heat on a bitter cold start? (about 0 Fahrenheit)

Loose alternator belt?
Daviec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #17386
Somekid94
Dingus

The serpentine belt looks fine, it only makes a screeching noise for about 10 seconds and then returns to normal
Old 01-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #17387
CaptDin
Rebel Without A Pause

Debating on trading my 1990 Accord for a 1986 F150 stepside 4 speed manual, 300 I6. My car is in shit condition cosmetically (cracked windshield, mismatched body panels, couple bad rust spots), and it's got more than 276K on the clock but it still runs and drives the way it's supposed to. I can't decide if the truck would be a step up or down from my car. I was thinking it would be least a slight upgrade, since it's a SWB stepside and a stick shift, but it's kind of a crapshoot with these older vehicles. I can deal with the crappy MPG for a while until I trade again. My goal is to gradually trade up until I have something halfway decent. Of course it may be a moot point if I meet with the guy and he decides he doesn't want my car. Thoughts?
CaptDin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 AM   #17388
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

4 speed trannies are shitty. are you prepared for the extra fuel costs? maintenance? tires? everything is more expensive on a bigger car dude.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #17389
CaptDin
Rebel Without A Pause

That's true. I may be better off just sticking with the Honda until it craps out on me, or until I can afford to just straight up buy something decent. It is nice getting semi-decent MPG.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:22 AM   #17390
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

I'm not saying don't get the truck - just my 2 cents man.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #17391
Platinum Pro
old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDin
Debating on trading my 1990 Accord for a 1986 F150 stepside 4 speed manual, 300 I6. My car is in shit condition cosmetically (cracked windshield, mismatched body panels, couple bad rust spots), and it's got more than 276K on the clock but it still runs and drives the way it's supposed to. I can't decide if the truck would be a step up or down from my car. I was thinking it would be least a slight upgrade, since it's a SWB stepside and a stick shift, but it's kind of a crapshoot with these older vehicles. I can deal with the crappy MPG for a while until I trade again. My goal is to gradually trade up until I have something halfway decent. Of course it may be a moot point if I meet with the guy and he decides he doesn't want my car. Thoughts?

If I were you, I would keep your Accord. You will probably get A LOT more miles out of it. Gas is going to cost you a shit ton more to fuel up in a truck. So your miles per gallon are going to go down. Because I'm just guessing that the truck has an 8 cylinder engine and is going to suck gas like crazy.

If I were you, I would just stick with what you have right now. I had a V6 before I got my 4 cylinder Cobalt and I've noticed a HUGE difference in my miles per gallon. I can only imagine going from a 4 cylinder to a V8.
Platinum Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #17392
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:
The serpentine belt looks fine, it only makes a screeching noise for about 10 seconds and then returns to normal

Sounds like moisture or something else for it to slip and then go away if it only lasts 10 seconds.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #17393
CaptDin
Rebel Without A Pause

It's a straight six, actually... but its a 4.9L. So not much better than a V8.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #17394
Somekid94
Dingus

My dad has a 1988 F150 with a five speed and the 300 I6. The engine is going to last until the end of time, it's just bad on gas, even with a 5 speed. My 2 cents.

And alright.. It didn't do it this morning. But I am losing oil somehow. Awesome. I can smell burnt oil, and thought it was the cv boot, but I guess I'm wrong. Yay hunting for an oil leak.. There aren't even any spots on the driveway. Where do I go from here?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #17395
leleva

Quote:

could be the fact that every thing is stiff, especially your power steering fluid upon start up
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDin
It's a straight six, actually... but its a 4.9L. So not much better than a V8.

my friend has an 86 4x4 4speed with the 302 fun as hell, how ever like every one else says it going to kill you on gas
Quote:
And alright.. It didn't do it this morning. But I am losing oil somehow. Awesome. I can smell burnt oil, and thought it was the cv boot, but I guess I'm wrong. Yay hunting for an oil leak.. There aren't even any spots on the driveway. Where do I go from here?

Engine Oil dye, and a black light will help you find it, but if its small then I wouldn't worry about it to terribly much

Last edited by leleva : 01-25-2013 at 12:51 PM.
leleva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #17396
Vauxite
Oliver.

New Rapide S;

Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #17397
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher

Nice Mondeo.

1977 Burny FLG70
Tom 1.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #17398
Obama FTW
you can call me Bill.

Quote:
Cool.

I have this same problem, occasionally, with my Impreza. Some times it screeches horrendously but not always. And its always for like 10seconds, maybe shorter.

Pedals
Digitech Multi-Chorus
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby

Amp
Peavey 5150

Go Falcons!
Obama FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #17399
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:

I have the same issue with my car. It's an EJ issue that lots of guys have. Most find that it's a leaky valve cover that drips oil onto the exhaust mani.

I checked the oil when I got the car, and it was at the normal level, and it didn't noticeably change over the 5000kms between oil changes. Yet, every once and a while I get the smell of burnt oil. No droplets in my parking spot, and I even have snow on the ground to make it easy to spot and have to let the car warm up in that parking spot for quite a few minutes every morning.

leleva said, if you can't notice the loss of oil (keep checking your oil levels consistently), I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #17400
Somekid94
Dingus

When I got the car, I checked the oil on my [somewhat hill of a] driveway. It was like 3mm away from the top full oil dot. That was ~620-ish miles ago. Now its like 6mm away from the dot.

Now, I could have parked in a different place, not as far back/forward/whatever. I'm going to keep a really close eye on it and start checking the oil on level ground This pretty much disregards my concern, but still. Burnt oil smell, and less oil than usual are red flags. Especially in a new [to me] car.

I'll take a look at the valve covers after a drive and go from there.

Thanks guys!

Also, does anyone know anything getting an exhuast that's featured in this video?

I can't find anything anywhere...

Rate This Thread: