Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Fiskers1982

Do You Like Playing Along With Kickass Backing Tracks??? If Yes Check This Out

Hey Guys,

Just Wanted to spread the word on this website that offers excellent backing tracks most of which have the vocals included. I would recommend becoming a member of this site because it's free and it allows you to use the forums to request your own backing tracks. These backing tracks are in MP3 format. I play them through mixcraft which gives me playback in my amp. Of course you need some sort of interface to hook your guitar up to your computer but I found a cheap version on amazon for $17. Or you could even burn the backing tracks to a cd and play along with them that way or even right from your computer. Anywho this is a badass site.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com
Fiskers1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
BlueIceBox
Bzzzz

Most of them have either been ripped from rhythm games (GH and RB) or they've been taken from Tab Books. There have been times where members on that website will try to scam you into paying for tracks which can be easily found on the internet.
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
BlueIceBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Cavalcade
Days, I feel it...

It's worth reminding everyone that here on UG, we have our own set of backing tracks, if you want some original, 100% free, high-quality [1] backing tracks to play along with. There's a wide selection, covering many different styles.
E: I checked out your site. Almost all the songs you have are classic rock standards, and the community doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable (or motivated). The forum for requesting tracks has almost three times as many posts as the forum for sharing them. Worse, the ones that aren't just ripped multitracks look like they were recorded from Guitar Pro- using tabs from this site. It's a nice idea to give guitarists free backing tracks, no matter all the legal issues involved, but I'm not impressed.
A big part of why I don't like this site is that they don't credit where they got the music (usually UG or Frets On Fire), even when it's obvious. If they did that I'd be on board; hell, I might even give them that promo playthrough they want.

[1] lol

Last edited by Cavalcade : 01-24-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Cavalcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #4
Fiskers1982

Was Just wondering where to find the backing tracks on this site that you speak of. I mean I know how to download the guitar pro files but I have never came across any "backing tracks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalcade
It's worth reminding everyone that here on UG, we have our own set of backing tracks, if you want some original, 100% free, high-quality [1] backing tracks to play along with. There's a wide selection, covering many different styles.
E: I checked out your site. Almost all the songs you have are classic rock standards, and the community doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable (or motivated). The forum for requesting tracks has almost three times as many posts as the forum for sharing them. Worse, the ones that aren't just ripped multitracks look like they were recorded from Guitar Pro- using tabs from this site. It's a nice idea to give guitarists free backing tracks, no matter all the legal issues involved, but I'm not impressed.
A big part of why I don't like this site is that they don't credit where they got the music (usually UG or Frets On Fire), even when it's obvious. If they did that I'd be on board; hell, I might even give them that promo playthrough they want.

[1] lol
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #5
Fiskers1982

And nevermind Im an Idiot and I found it but thanx for the link in the original message

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskers1982
Was Just wondering where to find the backing tracks on this site that you speak of. I mean I know how to download the guitar pro files but I have never came across any "backing tracks"

Rate This Thread: