Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

Doctor, Doctor! (Live/Studio) - C4C

Ello, all!

OK, now this one is a little different in that it is a live performance with studio treatments. Not much I can do on the basic tracks at this point other than EQ and overdub other parts or overdub parts to bolster weaknesses in the live recording.

This song, like most of mine - is not suitable for work or around kids or clerics.

As always I will give your tunes a review in exchange for the review on mine.

I still feel a little funny down there...

https://soundcloud.com/dances-with-sheep/doctor-doctor

Massive love,

DWS

Muchos gracias, muchachos modernos!

Last edited by DancesWithSheep : 02-01-2013 at 03:32 PM.
DancesWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Betaciao
Betaciao

Hey DWS!

As the tune progressed I found myself enjoying it more and more haha. Love the lyrics too. As I listened the main thing I knew I wanted to hear was a bass and drums with your guitar, I think once you incorporate them if you do, this song's going to get a lot more heavy and have more energy to it. Aside from that, considering its a live performance I thought it was solid. Lol if what you say is true you should get like 10 doctors to check out all of the problems goin on with ya haha.
Betaciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
plangentmusic

Ha! I liked it! I agree that it needs bass and drums. One suggestion -- even if the vocals aren't "sung" I'd pay more attention to the rhythm of where the words fall. They're clashing against the beat which makes it hard for the listener to stay with it. Find the groove, hit that rhythmic pocket and stay with it. It'll make all the difference.
plangentmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betaciao
Hey DWS!

Lol if what you say is true you should get like 10 doctors to check out all of the problems goin on with ya haha.

This is fictional...

Muchos gracias, muchachos modernos!
DancesWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
MotasMagic

Really reminded me of Lou Reed and Bob Dylan at times. I loved it!
MotasMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
shortyafter

Great tune dude. Love the lyrics - funny and well-written I dig the flow of it. I disagree about the rhythm thing, I mean I guess it was slightly "off" in places but I like the effect that creates. I assumed it was intentional, it suits the song. You have an amazing voice honestly reminds me of Mick Jagger. Not to beat a dead horse but I agree get a rhythm section. I think it would sound sick.

Massive love back keep rockin. Good stuff man.

Last edited by shortyafter : 02-02-2013 at 04:30 PM.
shortyafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #7
awesomo41894

I liked this a lot man!! I agree with MotasMagic in that its very lou reed like. Like lou reed meets comedy, i enjoyed listening to that. Great job! As others said i think a rhythm section would help, but then again, it works with out it, and if you follow the KISS principal, thats good enough. Very original sounding piece too. I dug it alot!
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: