Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #7681
schecter ftw
UG Freak
 
schecter ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44


I love this video.

In other news I've started to listen to pop-punk (Transit, Wonder Years, etc). I don't know what is wrong with me.
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/mikebjammin
http://soundcloud.com/michaelbutler

Fender American Telecaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie Mark V combo
schecter ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #7682
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
 
VishNuRoXoUt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan


New pedal day. Pulled a Boss PS-5 and an Ibanez WH10. The WH10 is for sale. So is the Cathedral and the DL4 if anyone is interested. ha
__________________
╠═══════╬═══════╣

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 AM   #7683
T7E
All smiles :)
 
T7E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 'STRAYA ****
hey guys. What kind of volume pedals do you guys recommend or use?

I am struggling to make up my mind, I really want the ability to swell like a mad man and stuff, but with as little tone suck as possible. I just don't wanna fork out for a Goodrich or Hilton or something.



EDIT: On closer inspection, Goodrich's are actually in my ball park.
__________________
Gibson Les Paul Std
VPjr/Polytune Mini
Chasebliss Audio Warped Vinyl
Dr Scientist The Cleanness
Idustrialectric Reverb Machine
Smallsound/Bigsound Buzzz
Smallsound/Bigsound Mini
Strymon EL Capistan
Barwatt Rocket 30w

Last edited by T7E : 02-15-2013 at 05:35 AM.
T7E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #7684
TheTransient
Brendan
 
TheTransient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack


^who're you supporting?


Wouldnt you (the only person who asked haha) like to know

ok, but ot hasnt been announced yet down here so if you are on my facebook, dont mention it on there, ya dig?





TWDY mutha****a!!!!

Apparently it took so long to be decided because they personally listened to the bands who offered to support, which means they listened to our shitty demo/EP and chose us! If thats true, thats amazing
__________________

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by TheTransient : 02-15-2013 at 09:17 AM.
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #7685
LaidBack
Call me Mike
 
LaidBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransient
Wouldnt you (the only person who asked haha) like to know

ok, but ot hasnt been announced yet down here so if you are on my facebook, dont mention it on there, ya dig?





TWDY mutha****a!!!!

Apparently it took so long to be decided because they personally listened to the bands who offered to support, which means they listened to our shitty demo/EP and chose us! If thats true, thats amazing


Don't worry we're not friends

But holy shit that's freaking awesome man. I'm sad I missed TWDY when they came around.Need to buy my Russian Circles/BTBAM/Covered tickets today. The Monday show is already sold out. Gotta settle for Tuesday.

In other news, it's a This Town Needs Guns kinda day.
__________________
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #7686
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY
 
stradivari310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by T7E
hey guys. What kind of volume pedals do you guys recommend or use?

I am struggling to make up my mind, I really want the ability to swell like a mad man and stuff, but with as little tone suck as possible. I just don't wanna fork out for a Goodrich or Hilton or something.



EDIT: On closer inspection, Goodrich's are actually in my ball park.

The Goodrich is TGP hype. Use an Ernie Ball VP Jr. with a good buffered pedal in your signal chain and you won't need a different pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTransient
Wouldnt you (the only person who asked haha) like to know

ok, but ot hasnt been announced yet down here so if you are on my facebook, dont mention it on there, ya dig?





TWDY mutha****a!!!!

Apparently it took so long to be decided because they personally listened to the bands who offered to support, which means they listened to our shitty demo/EP and chose us! If thats true, thats amazing

Holy shit dude, that's amazing. I don't think your demo is bad at all, for the record. You guys earned it! I'm gonna tell all my US friends who you don't know
__________________

╠═══════╬═══════╣

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

post-hardcore/ambient band
ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Jazzmaster / Hellcat VI > Pedals > Sunn Model A
stradivari310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #7687
PeachFuzzmcgee
Registered User
 
PeachFuzzmcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
TGP hype can go lick balls. Seriously a lot of those guys kinda seem like the worst type of 40 year old bedroom guitarists. Complaining about this and that, having to get everything mega bootek.

It's like half the pedals they obsess with sound exactly the same as other cheaper alternatives, or the differences are completely inaudible in a band context. Seriously.

Also possibly the evil inside my heart makes me always dismiss people who start threads like "What would be a really good dirt pedal for a Church band?"
__________________
Traprappin in Chicago

Last edited by PeachFuzzmcgee : 02-15-2013 at 02:18 PM.
PeachFuzzmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #7688
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
 
VishNuRoXoUt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack

In other news, it's a This Town Needs Guns kinda day.


It's always a TTNG kind of day.

Also, it's ghey as **** their name isn't This Town Needs Guns anymore...
__________________
╠═══════╬═══════╣

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #7689
stradivari310
MOAR DELAY
 
stradivari310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachFuzzmcgee
TGP hype can go lick balls. Seriously a lot of those guys kinda seem like the worst type of 40 year old bedroom guitarists. Complaining about this and that, having to get everything mega bootek.

It's like half the pedals they obsess with sound exactly the same as other cheaper alternatives, or the differences are completely inaudible in a band context. Seriously.

Also possibly the evil inside my heart makes me always dismiss people who start threads like "What would be a really good dirt pedal for a Church band?"

Totally agreed. They definitely like some pedals that are good quality. Their judgements tend to be much more on the mark when delay and reverb are concerned. But then they go on about $500+ drive pedals and $200 volume pedals and the plethora of dumble clones out there and I just shut off.
__________________

╠═══════╬═══════╣

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

post-hardcore/ambient band
ambient/drone project
dreampop/shoegaze band
Jazzmaster / Hellcat VI > Pedals > Sunn Model A
stradivari310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #7690
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
 
phoenix_crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
If I was rich, middle-aged, blues guitarist, I would probably spend all my money on a Klon and Dumble as well.
__________________
last.fm
deadformat
yusuke

Ampeg V4, Acoustic 450, Laney AOR 50
Mesa 2x12, Acoustic 2x15, Acoustic 4x12
phoenix_crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #7691
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
What's wrong with sounding good at church?

I know what you mean on the other stuff, but I play at church and if I sounded like crap it'd hinder me from doing what I'm supposed to be doing and I'd just worry about how crappy I sound haha
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #7692
PeachFuzzmcgee
Registered User
 
PeachFuzzmcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Because what sounds good for a church (a large open area) will sound pretty damn good anywhere and vice versa. I don't think you need to have something that is somehow "church" specific. What do I know though!

I think I should sell my gear and buy dumble clones. Like play a out of 3 dumble clones.

oh and buy two klones. with 200 dollar volume pedals and my band will be a swell band. We just make swells with no tone suckage.
__________________
Traprappin in Chicago

Last edited by PeachFuzzmcgee : 02-15-2013 at 04:00 PM.
PeachFuzzmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #7693
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
 
VishNuRoXoUt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Crystal Lettuce guize... Ugh.
__________________
╠═══════╬═══════╣

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #7694
greeny23
Mechromancer
 
greeny23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
dumbles for all!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
I just got home.
I amde sooooo ****ign wated i thought it wqqs 8Am
GUSSS THT WHAT HAPPNS WHEN YOU SISTER OWND A BDAR ANF YOU GE FREEE DRINL.
greeny23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #7695
TheTransient
Brendan
 
TheTransient's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Gandalf is better.
__________________

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Sensor Array σ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
TheTransient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #7696
VishNuRoXoUt
They call me Karebear...
 
VishNuRoXoUt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Hahah, gahddamn it Brendan.

Agreed.

But still.
__________________
╠═══════╬═══════╣

τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ ∞

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote:
Originally Posted by My buddy, Maxwell
I think that's really what we want out of life. Sugar mommas and verellens.
VishNuRoXoUt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #7697
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
Well in modern worship music there is a "sound" a lot of guys are getting. That'd be like being mad at a guy for asking what to use for his indie band. You can use anything for indie stuff, but I'm sure you have an idea in your head of what stuff you'd recommend for it.

Big box rat for 25 dollars 4 hours from here. Frick I want it but driving there would be ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #7698
LaidBack
Call me Mike
 
LaidBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezguitars44
Well in modern worship music there is a "sound" a lot of guys are getting. That'd be like being mad at a guy for asking what to use for his indie band. You can use anything for indie stuff, but I'm sure you have an idea in your head of what stuff you'd recommend for it.

Big box rat for 25 dollars 4 hours from here. Frick I want it but driving there would be ridiculous.


Offer $40 for it shipped.
__________________
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #7699
ibanezguitars44
Registered User
 
ibanezguitars44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Louisiana
He sold it :/

Edit: also, chipotle is wonderful. We just got one recently and I haven't gone yet. I went to one in Houston though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.


╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last edited by ibanezguitars44 : 02-15-2013 at 08:02 PM.
ibanezguitars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #7700
LaidBack
Call me Mike
 
LaidBack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New Jersey
That sucks.

Go to Chipotle now. They're open until 10
__________________
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.