Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer

A couple of demos I've been working on for a while, FFO: Brand New, Bright Eyes

http://chrisgeorgemusic.bandcamp.com/album/demos

Will gladly C4C.

These are pretty rough recordings, I'm going to re-record all these over the summer under better conditions, but I like how they came out so far. Lyrics are up on the bandcamp site. Thanks for listening
Mean Mr Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #2
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major

First of all, octaves aren't usually the best for vocal harmonies, try something different.

Second, no offense but your singing style reminds me of Harry And The Potters. While I enjoy some of their songs because they're funny, I'm not a big fan of the style. This is my personal opinion though, and you can do what you want. Those are really the only comments I have. I listened to all of it, so it wasn't terrible and I didn't want to run away, but I wouldn't buy it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Danjo's Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #3
Mean Mr Mustard
Naked By The Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjo's Guitar
First of all, octaves aren't usually the best for vocal harmonies, try something different.

Second, no offense but your singing style reminds me of Harry And The Potters. While I enjoy some of their songs because they're funny, I'm not a big fan of the style. This is my personal opinion though, and you can do what you want. Those are really the only comments I have. I listened to all of it, so it wasn't terrible and I didn't want to run away, but I wouldn't buy it either.

First of all, I don't know all that much about singing, so I just just used octaves for the vocals when I did multiple tracks because it's what a lot of my favorite bands use, I haven't really experimented with different intervals. Also, I'm not really expecting people to buy it, these are just some rough demos again. But thanks for the honest criticism and taking the time to listen man!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
From Your Grave

I think these sound really good and fit what you're going for perfectly. Aside from them being a bit rough of course. Your vocals could be better but what you've got is definitely adequate. Reminds me of early Get Up Kids.
From Your Grave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
aaron aardvark

Mustard,
Audio quality could be better, but otherwise I think it sounds pretty good overall. I like the guitar riffs & playing. Vocals are pretty good overall. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1627184
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: