Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-25-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
Yngwi3
UG's Tone & Grammar Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by THURG
Meh. I've got an Ibanez RG370DX and it doesn't give me any problems...

Except when I tune down to CGCFAD or lower and the whole bridge sinks into the body, so all I can do with it is down-bends. It can only cope in standard, drop D or BADGBE/BEDGBE.

So not great, but not as bad as it's made out to be.

Way to dig up a necrothread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yngwi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #22
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THURG
Meh. I've got an Ibanez RG370DX and it doesn't give me any problems...

Except when I tune down to CGCFAD or lower and the whole bridge sinks into the body, so all I can do with it is down-bends. It can only cope in standard, drop D or BADGBE/BEDGBE.

So not great, but not as bad as it's made out to be.

you can compensate for that with the springs in the back of the trem, that's not a fault. the mystery alloy which the knife edges are made of is.

er....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
Rob Chappers would tell you he couldn't tell a cat from a dog if it would get him more hits on youtube.
Dave_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #23
hatecrew2006

Know this is an old thread but anyway

I just got an Ibanez RG370DX for christmas and it has the edge III in it

I had the guitar setup by the shop I bought it from for DGCFAD and it's fine the only problem is the bar tension adjuster is a bit difficult to get at but it works fine if you get it setup properly make sure the nut is nice and tight and it should work great
hatecrew2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 AM   #24
Mathamology
noise. MOAR NOISE!

My Ibanez has an Edge III, and it is indeed a nightmare to get in tune. After playing around with the springs in the back, I managed to get it to my preferred tuning, although the fine tuners had to be adjusted a fair amount to achieve this!

As for staying in tune, I hardly ever divebomb with the wammy anyway, so I've not encountered much of a problem.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM   #25
StoreyTimeMofo

To the people that are having trouble with the edge III's trem arm falling out, the hex key hole underneath the arm hole adjusts the depth of the arm, if you drop ur trem down with the strings being slack, ul notice under the lo profile saddles theres a hole for a smaller hex key, this one adjusts how tight the bar is in the hole. sorted! but as for the edge III, it's basically suitable for people who like playing with a floating trem but dont use vibrato at all. I've had my rg tuned from e to b at the lowest, and the tuning has kept fine. it's when you started whammying away it goes rediculously out of tune. you will be lucky if you get one divebomb without the tuning going out. It's a piece of shit, but you get what you pay for.
StoreyTimeMofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #26
Mudhippy2011
Call me Chase

Mine works just fine, but I had my Xiphos professionally set up the second I brought it home. I play in C standard, and I can do any Slayer-ish divebombs without going out of tune. I think if you take care of it, it can work. It has worked for me for about a year now.

Also, I did have the problem of the trem bar being too slim for the hole, and it rattling around when I used it. I fixed that by putting a little electrical tape on the arm.

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile
Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Mudhippy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #27
notryt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman99
I have an Edge III and it stays in tune if you use the right tremelo springs. Usually they come with springs that aren't very good. Having said that I don't use it very much but it sits there and stays in tune fine and works OK for the odd bit of divebombing.

If I used the trem a lot though I'm not sure it would hold up.

Buy a set of extra tension springs... It definitely makes a difference in going out of tune after dive bombing... however plan on spending a good hour or more getting it set up with these springs.... Once its done don't ever, I mean never, come up with an idea to put heavier guage strings on it. I found that if I dont use 9s I cant set it up.. either I cant get the trem to lay flat or I cant get the proper intonation.

Last edited by notryt : 01-26-2013 at 05:37 PM.
notryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #28
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore

whoa....
this thread was originally from 2007...

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

randomguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #29
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist

This has been resurrected twice!
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #30
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

It was necro'd in '08, '09, '10, and now. read the damn rules.

Rate This Thread: