Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Madzää
Failing at n00b language

Hardcore Punk 7'' (gp5, gp4, midi)

Posting something other than Jazz this time, this little album runs at roughly 7 minutes, and still contains 8 songs, so it is probably shorter than some single songs that are posted here. This album was a spontaneious decision, and written in less than 12 hours. However, it does also contain more melodic parts, as opposed to just full-on power hardcore punk bursts.

This song is not intended to be listened with RSE on.
Attached Files
File Type: zip album7.zip (28.0 KB, 289 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
Madzää is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Now THIS is what I expected to hear when people kept refering 'progressive hardcore bands' towards me, but untill now have been dissapointed by said bands. This is pretty damn good dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Tarbosh
accly was dolan

Pulling this up I did not expect any sort of complexity at all, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this. It's definitely hardcore punk but it has very definite progressive/jazz influences. I'm on track 3 right now and I can say it was most evident in the first track, which has some very interesting chord movement and modulations going on. Definitely unconventional for a punkish sound, and it makes it sound fresh.

Track 5 is really cool as well, as short as it is. Honestly, I'm not even sure this could be called an album as much as it is a hardcore punk montage of songs. It kind of sounds like a medley.

Ah yes, track 8 is interesting as well. I can see how you took elements from many of the preceding songs and worked them into a final offering.

I think what stood out to me the most outside of the unconventional syncopation and almost progressive tendencies was the drum work. It was very busy, in a good way, definitely not the simplistic mid-tempo blast beat so common in the hardcore punk scene. All in all quite an enjoyable listen, well-written and well-executed.

C4C on Of All Losses in my sig?
Tarbosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
Ometh
nobody

Holy mother of shit I forgot how good this is. Madzää seriously get this recorded so I can listen to it all the time.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Zaqq

Bars 292-341 remind me of The Fall of Troy. I like the complexity, but some parts are too chaotic for my liking.
Zaqq is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: