Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
Chargrill3d

Line 6 DT25

During my seemingly never ending search for new gear that won't bankrupt me I've come across the DT25 head - anyone use one?

I've always been a fan of their stuff but realised distortions never really match up to real amps - have they done something great here?
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
ExDementia
UG Freak

I person all really dig the DT series. I played a bit on my friend's DT50 and it was awesome. It doesn't take quite so much work to get a good sound out of it like Line 6's other amps/effects. I wish I could afford one, because I would pick one up in a heartbeat.

My suggestion is to find one at a shop somewhere if you can and try it out. Its a really underrated amp.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

They're superb. The only issues I have with them is there is a delay when switching channels, although this is fixed if you can download and apply a firmware and software patch (which also includes more tone options), and 25 watts is a bit of a weird point. It won't really give you a compressed power amp sound much quicker than the 50w will and it's not a significant enough drop in power to be more useful at home or at practice. I really think they should have done them at 10w and 50w, but oh well.

The strength of the DT series is they're getting back to what Line 6 started with, making good sounds with versatility. When they launched the Spider series they stopped working on their original sounds and became obsessed with (poorly) impersonating other amps. Now they've refocused themselves and are prioritising good sound over a technically perfect (but audibly crap) impression.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
Chargrill3d

The idea is certainly a killer one - offering that kind of versatility in a tube amp.

25 Watts is going to be too loud for home recording sadly I take it
Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
aardvark5

I have the 'Dream Rig' which consists of 2 x Tyler JTV-59s, POD HD500 and DT25 and it is bloody awesome however I have just bought a Blackstar ID30 for stage use instead and that also is awesome.
The DT25 will only be extra special with the other two parts but the Blackstar ID series will be good with anything.
aardvark5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargrill3d
25 Watts is going to be too loud for home recording sadly I take it

Nay! It should sound just fine even at low volume, plus I'm pretty sure these have emulated outputs that are pretty good.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
dlowe102

It also has a low volume switch that reduces db's wich is kinda cool.
dlowe102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
ragingkitty
meow?

The concept of the DT range (model 4 very signature tones - Fender cleans, Vox chimes, Marshall crunch and Mesa drive) plonk it into a nice little package, and provide it with a powerful link to the Pod HD range and the Variax guitars.

Very few new amps ranges are as well though out and designed from the concept to the product. The DT line is very under-appreciated because of the Spider series diluting their brand strength.

If I could be bothered sit and twiddle at a Pod, I'd get the DT series just to link up everything for the stupid range of sounds it offers. The only problem is there is so much to tweak, you'd end up tweaking more than you're playing.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.

Last edited by ragingkitty : 04-30-2013 at 11:39 PM.
ragingkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
Chargrill3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark5
I have the 'Dream Rig' which consists of 2 x Tyler JTV-59s, POD HD500 and DT25 and it is bloody awesome however I have just bought a Blackstar ID30 for stage use instead and that also is awesome.
The DT25 will only be extra special with the other two parts but the Blackstar ID series will be good with anything.

I suppose I have to hear them live to really compare but from Youtube the DT25 seems more versatile and can rage better than the ID30.

That Mesa amp in the DT25 sounds heavy

Rate This Thread: