Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-20-2014, 04:04 AM   #7621
dannyalcatraz

This might be the time to buy a Tagliare. Dean Zelinsky Private Label is offering another $100 off coupon- go to their website and a popup should appear, saying if you get on their email list, you'll get a code good for 7 days.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 08-20-2014 at 04:06 AM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #7622
Brian Krashpad

Thumbs up

OK, I'll admit. I like Strats. Love? Not really, I prefer Pauls or Teles.

But, that said, everyone who plays electric should own a Strat. I always try to keep one around, even if it's just a cheapie (and to date it always has been).

Here's my current Strat, fwiw:

Just a Squier Stratocaster Deluxe, but gets the job done.
Brian Krashpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #7623
dannyalcatraz

OK, somebody REALLY wants to sell a guitar!

https://reverb.com/item/176685-blad...er-1990-s-black

Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 AM   #7624
matthewa

Here's my 2004 Highway One. Not a huge fan of the colour, but us lefties can't really be choosy. I really like the jumbo frets on this. Made a couple of slight alterations to the electrics, obviously.

matthewa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:26 AM   #7625
dazzzer30

[IMG][/IMG]

This is a new fender 2014 Plus & HSS Plus .
dazzzer30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:20 AM   #7626
dannyalcatraz

DZPL Tagliares are now available in SSS, HSS and HSH forms. AND they're still offering the discount.

I'mtrying to narrow down my selection, and they keep offering options! AAAAARGH!!!

Old 08-30-2014, 12:59 AM   #7627
Ippon
Amped

CIJ Fender Aerodyne, so light.

Gloss highlights paw prints.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #7628
HomerSGR
What?

Just ordered a MIM Standard in Arctic White with Maple Fretboard.

For a guitar that isn't that expensive (it will be the least expensive in my ever growing collection by far), I'm terribly excited. Probably more excited than I have been in quite some time about a new guitar. I have wanted a MIM Standard since I started playing, but somehow everytime it was time to buy a new guitar something else caught my attention. This is number 15. I already have a 2008 American Standard (Candy Cola, Rosewood) with JB Jr. pickups as my number one guitar, so I'm defintely not new to Strats.

Couldn't decide between white and Lake Placid Blue, so I just decided on white because that is what my favourite guitarists always seem to play on stage. (Sort of carrying on with the tradition.)

"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

*How you know you have too many guitars...
HomerSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 02:40 AM   #7629
dannyalcatraz

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 09-10-2014 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #7630
strat-O-matic92

I got a 92 MIM w/tex-mex pickups through a fender champ 110 amp.. Effects are just a cry baby wah,OD pedal and a Boss Super Chorus..This guitar has been my pride and joy for years.
strat-O-matic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #7631
Ippon
Amped

^ Pics or it's a Les Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSGR
Just ordered a MIM Standard in Arctic White with Maple Fretboard.
show

Pics when it arrives.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #7632
ken styles

i love strats but I can't play them for more than 10 minutes at a time.
ken styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #7633
darkeyJF

Hello everyone!
I dont know if i should post this in this thread but it seemed a better idea then making a new one ( im new so im still finding my way around here )
Im also pretty new to playing guitar. I started learning about a year ago. And since then im more eager to learn every day, so i know im not going to give it up easily =).

As soon as i started learning i bought a used Squier bullet for about 90$ or something like that, and a Roland microcube. Recently as i became better in playing i started to notice that my guitar is really an entry level guitar and that i cant get certain sound no matter how much i try. I watched youtube lessons and played exactly like the instructors showed but it felt like the sound is not even close (my tone knobs on the guitar are not even working). So i started to save money for a new guitar. Currently i have around 350$. I decided to save up until i have around 800$ or so.
So my question is: Can you recommend me a guitar or give any directions? The only thing i know is that i would love to buy a stratocaster since im a RHCP (John Frusciante) fan and i spend most of my time on a guitar trying to play their songs. When i searched for a Stratocaster online there were so many types of it and i felt lost. Also, would you recommend buying a used guitar or a new one?
Thank you all in advance =)
darkeyJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #7634
scarecrow937

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyJF
Hello everyone!
I dont know if i should post this in this thread but it seemed a better idea then making a new one ( im new so im still finding my way around here )
Im also pretty new to playing guitar. I started learning about a year ago. And since then im more eager to learn every day, so i know im not going to give it up easily =).

As soon as i started learning i bought a used Squier bullet for about 90$ or something like that, and a Roland microcube. Recently as i became better in playing i started to notice that my guitar is really an entry level guitar and that i cant get certain sound no matter how much i try. I watched youtube lessons and played exactly like the instructors showed but it felt like the sound is not even close (my tone knobs on the guitar are not even working). So i started to save money for a new guitar. Currently i have around 350$. I decided to save up until i have around 800$ or so.
So my question is: Can you recommend me a guitar or give any directions? The only thing i know is that i would love to buy a stratocaster since im a RHCP (John Frusciante) fan and i spend most of my time on a guitar trying to play their songs. When i searched for a Stratocaster online there were so many types of it and i felt lost. Also, would you recommend buying a used guitar or a new one?
Thank you all in advance =)

Two part answer:

1. Go to a guitar store and play the guitars in your price range until you find the one that feels and sounds the best.

2. If I had to pick one strat in your price range I would say a MIM Fender Standard Stratocaster. They sell for about $500 USD and that will leave a few bucks in your pocket for whatever. It really is a well built machine in its price range. A great "base package" too in case you decide to start modding pickups, etc.

Then practice, practice, practice until you get rich from it and can go berserk buying MIA strats, lol

*edited for spelling

Last edited by scarecrow937 : 09-12-2014 at 02:02 PM.
scarecrow937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:00 PM   #7635
dannyalcatraz

Going used can really stretch your budget. If you buy used, buy from a reputable seller with a good return policy. That way, even if you can't try before you buy, you will have an opportunity to test the guitar before the sale is irrevocable.

I can't say there's anything wrong with a MIM Strat. I can say, however, there are other new guitars out there in the same price range I think are objectively equivalent, and for personal reasons, I would prefer.

1) G&L Tributes. They're made in Indonesia with mostly the same parts as their more expensive USA brandmates. Solid bargains.

2) Fernandes Retrorockets from the clearance sale in their webstore. Because it is a clearance sale, what is available is limited. But among what is available are MiK guitars that are usually 1.5-2x the price of a MIM Fender.

3) Dean Zelinsky Private Label Tagliare. Haven't bought one yet, but a I like what I've seen and heard.

Edit: forgot one

4) Godin Progressions and Sessions. Made in Canada. Very well made, feels great to play.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 09-12-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:30 AM   #7636
darkeyJF

Thank you guys!
I'll consider all the options you suggested =)
darkeyJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #7637
dannyalcatraz

My periodic DZPL Tagliare update.

If you're interested in one of these, they're really getting aggressive with their marketing.

1) If you sign up for their mailing list right now, you'll get a coupon for something like $125 off, good for 7 days.

2) they have just introduced the quilt top version of the guitar, which are on sale for $125 off until Monday.

http://deanzelinsky.com/collections...ustom-quilt-top

In addition, they've made the Tagliares available in SSS, HSS, and HSH versions, and have added several new finishes.

I so want one, but so DON'T want to buy RIGHT NOW.

(First World Problems.)

Old 09-13-2014, 05:58 PM   #7638
HomerSGR
What?

I don't have a particularly high opinion on the Swedish postal service right now. My Strat should have arrived here yesterday. In fact, it was on my street. And I was out waiting for the delivery. The driver drove past me, so I thought they would deliver 2 packages on my street that day. Turns out I'm wrong, and they read the adress wrong. They knocked on the wrong door, left and wrote that I wasn't available upon delivery.

What happens now is that the package has to travel 110 km to the sorting center, before it can be sent again to my local supermarket, which also serves as a post office, where I will be able to collect it sometime next week.

I honestly want to kill someone.

Edit: Did I mention that I called them at 4 times during the day, couldn't get through and was told to try later? Where do I live? Nigeria?

"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

*How you know you have too many guitars...

Last edited by HomerSGR : 09-13-2014 at 06:05 PM.
HomerSGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:17 AM   #7639
dannyalcatraz

Hmmmm...according to my Global Atlas For Americans, yes. Yes you do.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 09-14-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #7640
Ippon
Amped

Rate This Thread: